Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 09:43 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,750,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post

Old 12-24-2013, 09:59 PM

5,135 posts, read 4,493,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
a girl that worked for me had a situation where she woke up to her boyfriend wailing on her face with a baseball bat. i dont know what legal issues came of it, im pretty sure she stayed in a relationship with him.
Whaaaat???!!!

Old 12-26-2013, 11:07 PM

20,350 posts, read 19,958,548 times
Quote:
True, but that doesn't change the fact that in the US, it's much more common than we think that potential crime victims use a firearm to turn the tables on the criminal .

I doubt if your posted story would make any difference to those that have successfully protected themselves or love ones.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:35 AM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
You really think that the police did not seize the bat as evidence?

She mentions that he did time in a mental institution. Probably was either found incompetent to stand trial, or was found Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity, then kept in the loony bin until some doctors declared him stable, then released.
I don't know, but I have no reason to believe that this story is made up. It fits the description of the guy's personality, too. It may even be that he took the bat before the police got there.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Isn't that Aggravated assault. Why wasn't he sentenced to do time in prison.
He was mentally ill and placed into an institution for the mentally ill.

I had an aunt who was schizophrenic. My uncle woke up to her standing over him with a butcher knife and grinning. Another time she took a sledgehammer and smashed his car to smithereens. She went into hospitals after these episodes. She wasn't arrested.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:12 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
He was mentally ill and placed into an institution for the mentally ill.

I had an aunt who was schizophrenic. My uncle woke up to her standing over him with a butcher knife and grinning. Another time she took a sledgehammer and smashed his car to smithereens. She went into hospitals after these episodes. She wasn't arrested.
it must suck to live with someone that is so mentally unstable.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
it must suck to live with someone that is so mentally unstable.
My great-uncle finally had to divorce her. He was afraid for his life.

I remember her from when I was little. She made these amazing watermelon baskets for the family picnics. But I also remember my mother saying after one of the picnics, "Ethel's going to be going off again soon, I bet. Her eyes don't look right."

She continued to have problems into her old age, writing letters to my grandmother accusing her of having stolen money from them years before and to my mother, accusing her of having an affair with my great uncle (my mother's uncle) back during WWII. She came across photos from the WWII era of my mother and her cousin as teenagers that they must have sent to their uncle overseas in the service with their letters and decided this meant they had been having some kind of affair. Poor woman trapped in her own crazy mind.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:54 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
My great-uncle finally had to divorce her. He was afraid for his life.

I remember her from when I was little. She made these amazing watermelon baskets for the family picnics. But I also remember my mother saying after one of the picnics, "Ethel's going to be going off again soon, I bet. Her eyes don't look right."

She continued to have problems into her old age, writing letters to my grandmother accusing her of having stolen money from them years before and to my mother, accusing her of having an affair with my great uncle (my mother's uncle) back during WWII. She came across photos from the WWII era of my mother and her cousin as teenagers that they must have sent to their uncle overseas in the service with their letters and decided this meant they had been having some kind of affair. Poor woman trapped in her own crazy mind.
haha her name was "ethel." thats a real old lady name.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
haha her name was "ethel." thats a real old lady name.
She was a real old lady, that's why!

Long gone, now.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:52 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,246,211 times
Quote:
I have no reason to believe that this story is made up.
I tend to range between skeptical & cynical on the veracity of stories told by friends & relatives.
Quote:
It may even be that he took the bat before the police got there.
When you have to start speculating on reasons how someone else's tale could possibly be true, it's probably BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey