Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 08:31 PM

26 posts, read 96,528 times

Advertisements

We did indeed get a copy of this, I gave it to my husband with all the other paperwork and forgot! He had read through it (I should preface this with the fact that he is an attorney). When I asked him tonight about the section you refer to, He didn't find anything in there that would cause alarm, in fact he was impressed that the developers went ahead and cleaned up areas that they aren't planning on building on. I mean ideally you wouldn't want to live somewhere that ever had issues, but you won't find many places around Manhattan that haven't had something. This isn't enough to deter us, but thank you for sharing. Everyone should read it (page 12-17) and know what they are getting into.

I think it's also very important to know that the water for all these buildings comes from the city water supply and not underground wells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 04:32 AM

189 posts, read 460,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetwalia View Post
Thanks for the reviews guys. Please keep it coming. We have still not bought a place here as the plot we are interested in, is still not up for sale.

For all (ChinoJedi, Sasha336, Lovened) who have booked plot/houses here, have few questions

1) Did you negotiated from your side to bring down the actual/base price they are selling these plots/houses for?
2) How much extra would need to be paid, if you need to close this deal. We are thinking of going ahead with pulte mortgage and were just wondering how much in total would it cost?
3) Is there any hidden cost/terms that we should be watching out for?

Harpreet
1) Based on our various conversations with Pulte, the fact that home sale rates are initially going at 2x their expectations, and our experience with new construction purchases in NJ in general, there is little to no negotiation going on with the home purchases.
2) In the VIP meeting, Pulte mentioned that one should expect to pay 30-50K in options on top of the initial price. This is of course YMMV. But we ended up in the 50K range, so it was true for us.
3) None that we noticed. We close in about a month or so, will let you know afterwards!

Old 10-11-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovened View Post
We did indeed get a copy of this, I gave it to my husband with all the other paperwork and forgot! He had read through it (I should preface this with the fact that he is an attorney). When I asked him tonight about the section you refer to, He didn't find anything in there that would cause alarm, in fact he was impressed that the developers went ahead and cleaned up areas that they aren't planning on building on. I mean ideally you wouldn't want to live somewhere that ever had issues, but you won't find many places around Manhattan that haven't had something. This isn't enough to deter us, but thank you for sharing. Everyone should read it (page 12-17) and know what they are getting into.

I think it's also very important to know that the water for all these buildings comes from the city water supply and not underground wells.
Ah, thanks for the page citation. I completely missed this section despite having skimmed the binder twice!

Yah, I'm on the same page as you. The disclosures and language don't particularly bother me. Roche is planning similar remediation for their Clifton / Nutley site, and Teterboro Landing also required remediation for the former Honeywell aircraft parts factory.

Last edited by ChinoJedi; 10-11-2014 at 09:38 PM..

Old 10-13-2014, 04:53 PM

24 posts, read 92,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetwalia View Post
Thanks for the reviews guys. Please keep it coming. We have still not bought a place here as the plot we are interested in, is still not up for sale.

For all (ChinoJedi, Sasha336, Lovened) who have booked plot/houses here, have few questions

1) Did you negotiated from your side to bring down the actual/base price they are selling these plots/houses for?
2) How much extra would need to be paid, if you need to close this deal. We are thinking of going ahead with pulte mortgage and were just wondering how much in total would it cost?
3) Is there any hidden cost/terms that we should be watching out for?

Harpreet
As was already mentioned the price could not be negotiated due to a high demand, so the only incentive you get is 6000 usd towards the closing costs if you stick with pulte mortgage. Please be aware if your mortgage amount will go over 417000, the jumbo higher rate will apply. For that reason we were conservative with picking too many upgrades for our manchester home. Note that some upgrades come already included in the price offered so you dont have much control over it.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoJedi View Post
1) Based on our various conversations with Pulte, the fact that home sale rates are initially going at 2x their expectations, and our experience with new construction purchases in NJ in general, there is little to no negotiation going on with the home purchases.
2) In the VIP meeting, Pulte mentioned that one should expect to pay 30-50K in options on top of the initial price. This is of course YMMV. But we ended up in the 50K range, so it was true for us.
3) None that we noticed. We close in about a month or so, will let you know afterwards!
Congrats on the upcoming closing, wonder if you experienced any delays during thr construction or was it pretty much as promised? The construction of the home i chose will start somewhere in december, but im afraid winter weather will be an obsticle

Old 10-14-2014, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha336 View Post
Congrats on the upcoming closing, wonder if you experienced any delays during thr construction or was it pretty much as promised? The construction of the home i chose will start somewhere in december, but im afraid winter weather will be an obsticle
Ironic that you asked. We just found out yesterday that our unit column will be delayed by a couple weeks to early December. We were initially promised mid-November, so a couple weeks is not too bad.

This timing actually works out pretty well for us for a couple of reasons:
1) the property tax abatement kicks in for your first full calendar year (2015). So for 2014, we will pay less of the unabated property taxes, haha.
2) We were planning to pick up a fridge, dryer, and washer on Black Friday anyway.

Old 10-14-2014, 05:18 PM

Two weeks is nothing i agree. We will go ahead with the fridge purchase from the seller, because im scared to think of the movers bringing it up through not a very wide starcase between the floor. I wont regret construction to be delayed for a month to coinside with our current lease ending but not more!

Old 10-14-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Ironic that you asked. We just found out yesterday that our unit column will be delayed by a couple weeks to early December. We were initially promised mid-November, so a couple weeks is not too bad.

This timing actually works out pretty well for us for a couple of reasons:
1) the property tax abatement kicks in for your first full calendar year (2015). So for 2014, we will pay less of the unabated property taxes, haha.
2) We were planning to pick up a fridge, dryer, and washer on Black Friday anyway.
I wonder how the assessment will play out, any informed guess? When does it usually take place?

Old 10-15-2014, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha336 View Post
I wonder how the assessment will play out, any informed guess? When does it usually take place?
If I remember correctly, during the VIP event, Pulte told us that the property assessed value was based upon the home sale price, and the unabated property tax percentage was something like 2.25%. And by taking the 5 year property tax abatement, we also waive our rights to appeal our property tax assessment during that time period.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:46 AM

Quote:
If I remember correctly, during the VIP event, Pulte told us that the property assessed value was based upon the home sale price, and the unabated property tax percentage was something like 2.25%. And by taking the 5 year property tax abatement, we also waive our rights to appeal our property tax assessment during that time period.
And how about an appraisal? If you select too many upgrades there is a risk that it wont come intact. In this case you are supposed to increase downpayment, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey