Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2018, 10:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,714 times

Advertisements

I have nothing but good things to say about living at Wesmont for the past 3 years. It's a great community and wish we could stay but am moving to Westchester to be closer to my wife's workplace. We are getting ready to sell our place if anyone might be interested. See video tour below. Happy to talk more about the community from someone who actually lives there if anyone has questions.

[vimeo]287067474[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/287067474
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 07:36 AM

2 posts, read 3,714 times
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...26319885_zpid/

Old 10-07-2018, 08:57 PM

8 posts, read 16,367 times
Potential Wright Place Phase II buyer here! We're currently negotiating with the agents for a better price and are likely to put down our deposit soon. Can someone who went through the deposit, contract review, and closing of WP enlighten us to any tips?

I read that you may not own the land, and the contract will be a condo instead of townhome contract. Is this correct? Any contract clauses I should look out for? How much was your closing? What lender did you go with? We are pre-approved for Quicken but may shop around a bit to get the best rate.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,666 times
We too have booked on Phase II and done with attorney review. All the contract points are standard, dont think we can negotiate much on that front. Yes it is condo instead of townhouse. Phase I was townhouse.

Few questions have, how have been for current residents the experience of living there in respect of quality of house, response from builder/association for any issue in house in first 1 year. I work in nyc, and I suppose its better advisable to commute by train instead of bus?

Old 10-09-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by som1234 View Post
We too have booked on Phase II and done with attorney review. All the contract points are standard, dont think we can negotiate much on that front. Yes it is condo instead of townhouse. Phase I was townhouse.

Few questions have, how have been for current residents the experience of living there in respect of quality of house, response from builder/association for any issue in house in first 1 year. I work in nyc, and I suppose its better advisable to commute by train instead of bus?
Thanks for the response! We are currently in attorney review. Which lot are you on? I work in NYC as well and will be commuting by train, I don't think it's worth it to take the bus given unpredictable traffic.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex123 View Post
Hello Existing Residents,

I am a new member to this forum. I have been reading this post over the last few weeks. There is a wealth of information here. Thank you so much for posting and helping future residents.

We are looking into Wright Place (WP) Phase 2 units and have few questions:

1. One of my major concerns is around the environmental cleanup that was done by Somerset Development. I don't want to scare any existing residents, but would like to hear your honest opinion based on current situation. I heard that the soils were contaminated which were removed and the builder received No Further Action (NFA) letter in 2006 from Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). I am aware that there are other communities (Pulte, Avalon, Ingerman) living here as well. Also, I believe more than 300 condos/townhouses have already been sold between Pulte and WP over the last few years. Furthermore, the builder has also put passive sub slab vapor barrier system to prevent any vapors to go inside the units. Has anyone done any detailed inspections recently where they check for the levels of radon gas? Is anyone aware of any existing levels of radon gas in and around the community? I believe the association management is supposed to do regular monitoring. Is anyone aware if things are going well and under control?

2. It seems WP Phase 1 residents have been living here for around 1-2 years. How's your experience so far with the quality of your units, area, neighbors, school system or anything else that you would like to share?

3. Does anyone has an update on when the big park is going to be build? I heard that the location may be changing.

4. When WP Phase 2 is completed, does anyone know if Marshall Lane going to connect with either Inned Road or Sussex Road or other street so that its easier to take the bus from Boulevard?

5. I work in Midtown Manhattan (52 St), so thinking whether its better to commute via bus or train. If I take the bus by 7, am I still going to hit a lot of traffic near Lincoln Tunnel in the morning? I am trying to see if my commute can be around 1 hour door to door.

6. WP Phase 2 are townhouses actually but being sold as Condo. Are there any disadvantages of doing that? Can I easily sell or rent to someone else if I want to in the future?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Did you end up going with WP and what else did you find out about the radon? We are completing attorney review and are thinking of asking for radon testing during inspection.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ala2016 View Post
Hi Guys,

With a lot of ranting on the firewall and other BS that was shared in the fourm, I have got my home interior unit at wright place inspected with pilartopost inspection company with elite package, that spent 6 hours doing thermal imaging of every ingress and egress outlet in every bedroom, electric outlet as well and measured a documented every pulg's operating temperature and provided a lot of information to me and helped me realize the effort that goes behind what we see and use, I brought it out the same to builder attention while inspection was going on who obliged to fix it very professionally and had most of them done while the inspection was still going on that is truly amazing, which I did not expect in first place.

The reason I am posting this is regards to fire conversation that was brought up the homes at wright place has a total of 18 freaking inches of separation with 2X6 inches iron plates separating the two buildings with thermal insulated material that kinda looks like sheet rock (like a Durock cement board) with two very thick fire retardant panels separating them, and each room has a fire sprinkling system auto-built in it.The independent inspector who came in was amazed at the system that was built in that was operating with microelectronics

He outright pointed out that the builder have only used the top quality grade products and could have easily charged me 20-30k extra for what he was offering.He said that he could give that same out in writing and which he indeed did as part of his 120 page report.

God forbid some thing happens the which I believe, will never happen, the each independent unit can withstand 2 hours of fire with out passing out to next unit because of all the security features built in to the construction and the fire sprinklers that are builtin all through the building I did not believe as I initially did not pay attention to this when I signed the contract but was pleasantly surprised.

I am not affiliated with pillar to post in any way or form, but would very strongly recommend to get your home inspected (as we are investing more than a half a million) as they are extremely through to every nook and corner and they check every electric outlet, appliance, basement, quality of window and door handle, every minute stuff like air direction flow with thermal imaging. We found a lot of stuff and had it amicably worked out with builder.

I am not sure if wesmont is cheaply built, but now I have proof that my house is richly built and is certified after through 6 hours of inspection by a certified inspector who just does this for living.Forgot to say radon testing takes 3 days.
What was the outcome of the radon testing? Currently in attorney review for Wright Place. We saw the radon statement on the POS and are a bit worried about the Curtis Wright contamination.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:55 PM

7 posts, read 15,924 times
Anyone in a Pulte Mark know the max dimensions of a non-stacked gas dryer that fits in the given space?

Old 11-14-2018, 08:49 AM

57 posts, read 93,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnj042 View Post
Did you end up going with WP and what else did you find out about the radon? We are completing attorney review and are thinking of asking for radon testing during inspection.

I live in Pulte, so unfortunately cannot comment on WP, but to your question on commute, i prefer the BUS, and i work in Mid-Town (48th street/park). If you take the bus @ 7 Am, the journey time is approx. an hour, train is a good option, but you have to change at secaucus (which many people do, but something that i did not prefer); plus the timings were not convenient on the way back.

Bus is pretty good, fairly good frequency.

I tend to walk from PORT to 48th street (takes me about 15-17 minutes on an average); Journey time @ 7.00 AM is approx. 30-40 minutes.

Commuting from WP to Bus station depends on the mode, i drive - so takes me 2 minutes, but if you walk, its around 10 minutes.

good luck.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,292 times
Is the bus stop at TD bank?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey