Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2017, 05:47 PM

189 posts, read 460,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1naik View Post
hello, Thanks! Phase 2 Wright place is called out as condominium form of ownership. Looks like their site is yet to be updated.

We are prospective Wright place phase 2 buyers, Can you let me know your opinion if resale value for phase 2 will be lesser as compared to phase 1 as it will be condominium for of ownership of townhome? Thanks!
IMHO, it doesn't matter. We know plenty of people that have bought WP or Pulte townhomes after both were available, and the legal form of ownership was never the deciding criteria. People care about more tangible differences like price, upgrades, location, home designs, HOA fees, and property taxes (and the abatement calc is always a popular topic among neighbors).

High Point probably realized that people in general didn't care, and thus made the change. I don't understand the difference either, so feel free to educate me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 07:25 AM

18 posts, read 31,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoJedi View Post
IMHO, it doesn't matter. We know plenty of people that have bought WP or Pulte townhomes after both were available, and the legal form of ownership was never the deciding criteria. People care about more tangible differences like price, upgrades, location, home designs, HOA fees, and property taxes (and the abatement calc is always a popular topic among neighbors).

High Point probably realized that people in general didn't care, and thus made the change. I don't understand the difference either, so feel free to educate me

Thanks and appreciate your help and involvement in this forum! From my online reading across various forums and articles it does not make much difference.

FYI In WP2 new model AZ looks nice!

Old 09-24-2017, 06:05 PM

6 posts, read 12,484 times
Hi -

We are prospective buyers for WP (Phase 2) and were wondering if anyone on the thread are sending their kids to a daycare around the area. If so, what is the quality/cost like? Also, looking at zillow/trulia, the public schools are not rated very high. I know there are a lot of transplants coming in so I would assume the educational standards would increase, but if anyone has any firsthand experience, that would be greatly appreciated!

Also,
Are the prices at WP negotiable? Does anyone know the tax abatement breakdown?

Old 09-25-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabna View Post
Hi -

Also,
I dont think they negotiate on base price, may give some credits on upgrades.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the response.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the response.
Which model are you leaning towards in WP phase 2?

Old 09-25-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Hi -

We are prospective buyers for WP (Phase 2) and were wondering if anyone on the thread are sending their kids to a daycare around the area. If so, what is the quality/cost like? Also, looking at zillow/trulia, the public schools are not rated very high. I know there are a lot of transplants coming in so I would assume the educational standards would increase, but if anyone has any firsthand experience, that would be greatly appreciated!

Also,
My two kids just started at CED about 2 weeks ago. They went to Felician for pre-school previously.

For daycare / pre-school costs, YMMV depending on whether you go private /for-profit or public/non-profit. For the former, you have Bright Horizon / Goddard / LightBridge. For the latter, you have CED / Felician / Corpus Christi. LightBridge is very popular amongst our WS neighbors, and CED / Felician / CC seems very popular amongst my kids' W-R classmates.

My kids are liking CED so far. It has a very small-town school feel, and many families have been in the area for generations and are very active in the civic community. The town, outside of WS, is very much an All-American white picket fence type of place: mom with 2-3 kids, working dad, grandparents/cousins/aunts/uncles all live nearby. WS is the 'new blood' part of town, so you just have to make an effort to integrate with others in the community. In 2-3 years when the Pulte/WP development is 5 years old, there will be a lot more WS kids in the public school system (and the principal thinks W-R may need to build another elementary school in WS proper), but for now, we only know a few WS residents in the public school system.

The academic scores are a bit skewed because of the integrated special ed kids. Also, Bergen Academy will cherry pick a few kids at the high school level. But yes, W-R is not Tenafly, Livingston, or Holmdel. There is a much larger town emphasis on sports and extracurriculars than academics, which we personally don't mind. My kids for example are doing Girl/Boy Scouts, swimming, gymnastics, dance, martial arts, piano, and eventually a town/school sport like football/cheerleading. So I don't particularly care if they just coast through the academic part of school until say high school at BA. G&T starts in 3rd grade, and middle school/puberty has its own set of non-academic issues for kids to deal with.

Last edited by ChinoJedi; 09-25-2017 at 09:40 AM..

Old 09-25-2017, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the responses!

We are thinking about the NY model....we would like the optional 4th bdr and full bath and it almost seems like in Arizona the optional is pretty small to be a bedroom and rather a study....Also they didn't have any Arizona models setup so maybe that's why it's a little harder to imagine what that would look like as opposed to NY which we saw a model of.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the responses!

We are thinking about the NY model....we would like the optional 4th bdr and full bath and it almost seems like in Arizona the optional is pretty small to be a bedroom and rather a study....Also they didn't have any Arizona models setup so maybe that's why it's a little harder to imagine what that would look like as opposed to NY which we saw a model of.
Yeah, we think the NY is still a better model overall than the Arizona. The AZ has a nicer MBR Bathroom with a soaking tub (at the expense of one of the already small bedrooms becoming even smaller), has better window lighting in the stairways, and a better MBR window layout for bed placement, but the 2nd floor kitchen is a central instead of an end location kitchen with a weird dividing section into the living room, and the 1st floor layout with the 'study' (versus a true 4BR like you mentioned) is confusing, with the full bathroom not connected to the study and the narrow zig zag hallway. If one does not like the NY fireplace dividing wall and prefers a completely open 2nd floor plan, just take it out like one of our neighbors did.

I predict that WP will sell >90% NY end units in Phase 2, and just a handful of AZ's (just like the CA model).

Old 09-27-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Hi -

Also,
FYI, latest CED test score results per the CED principal:

"During the 2016-2017 school year, 62.7% of our third graders met or exceeded expectations in the English Language Arts/Literacy PARCC administration. This is the Doyle School’s best performance in this subject area since the advent of PARCC three years ago.

During the 2016-2017 school year, 75.9% of our third graders met or exceeded expectations in the Mathematics PARCC administration. 43.4% of our third graders “Exceeded Expectations.” This is the Doyle School’s best performance in this subject area since the advent of PARCC three years ago."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey