Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:58 PM

67 posts, read 247,776 times

Advertisements

Hi Fishfan13,
No, I dont teach in Barnegat, But I am trying to sell my home. If can only say I listed my home on city-data classified-Home section. I can advertise in this section but if AKP is interested they can private message my. You must be upset about my respone from last night . You are all over my opinion. I must have struck a nerve! Don't take it personal, people are allowed to have own opinions. But in my opinion Barnegat is doing well. Read the paper today! Barnegat HS Basketball team scored a basket with 6/10th of a second left the score was 55/53 against Centeral Regional HS. Bengal Pride! You know I don't even have a kid on the team. But like I said A community based town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 05:01 PM

All a matter of opinion. People commute all the time. People in our town commute to NY,
Philly,& AC. Airport is close too. Housing prices are not to high and the cost of living in Ocean County is
less then other counties. People who are just starting out could do very well. Even be able to have a stay at home parent.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:14 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union View Post
All a matter of opinion. People commute all the time. People in our town commute to NY,
Philly,& AC. Airport is close too. Housing prices are not to high and the cost of living in Ocean County is
less then other counties. People who are just starting out could do very well. Even be able to have a stay at home parent.
yes, i'm sure that's true. OP wants to be within 40 miles of NY. would you truly advocate moving to barnegat if someone works in NYC, 90 miles away? since you have a home to sell, your motives seem to be disingenuous.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:22 PM

543 posts, read 1,456,071 times
Some of the best school systems in northern NJ: Tenafly, Ridgewood, Cresskill, Demarest, Old Tappan, Pascack Valley.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:23 PM

AKP
There are a couple of new home dev.(four) getting built by Ryan Homes, Walter's Builders, and K Hov. as well. The new homes are nice. I should be closing on my new home soon. Yes, I am selling my home but if you are looking for new homes. I think they range from 280,000 - 500,000.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:31 PM

I could see a 40 mile commute. That's pretty good. I commute about 60 miles one way daily for the last 15 years. On the GSP. My friend drives to Islip everyday and Newark.
I think more people go that far. More so today than 10 years ago. I'm thinking the average commute might be a better question to ask instead of my intentions, ya think?

Old 01-09-2008, 05:46 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
[quote=Union;2467842]I could see a 40 mile commute. That's pretty good. I commute about 60 miles one way daily for the last 15 years. On the GSP. My friend drives to Islip everyday and Newark.
I think more people go that far. Well I commute about 60 miles a day and it is HORRIBLE, it's off hours and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:57 PM

Hi Jersey Man, Yes, how true. But you know as well as I do that more than just you and I do this evryday. My brother-in-law use to go up to Linden everyday. He has recently retired. But I guess that's what happens. More people are moving to the shore areas. I just hope I retire before the tolls get to expensive.
Egg Harbor next growth boom. A lot of building down their. I like what they've done to Tuckerton Seaport. You know Jersey man. I am fond of Barnegat. Did you know that Barnegat's name was once Union. So when people say I have
alternative motives like selling my home or just liking where I live.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:30 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
I could see a 40 mile commute. That's pretty good. I commute about 60 miles one way daily for the last 15 years. On the GSP. My friend drives to Islip everyday and Newark.
I think more people go that far. More so today than 10 years ago. I'm thinking the average commute might be a better question to ask instead of my intentions, ya think?

and I drive 61 miles each way to my office, but it doesn't mean i'm going to recommend it. I don't need to ask commute times because, i'll repeat, the OP wanted to be within 40 miles of NYC, NOT 90.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:36 PM

828 posts, read 3,138,455 times
Quote:
Hi Fishfan13,
No, I dont teach in Barnegat, But I am trying to sell my home. If can only say I listed my home on city-data classified-Home section. I can advertise in this section but if AKP is interested they can private message my. You must be upset about my respone from last night . You are all over my opinion. I must have struck a nerve! Don't take it personal, people are allowed to have own opinions. But in my opinion Barnegat is doing well. Read the paper today! Barnegat HS Basketball team scored a basket with 6/10th of a second left the score was 55/53 against Centeral Regional HS. Bengal Pride! You know I don't even have a kid on the team. But like I said A community based town.
You are so far from striking a nerve...but keep trying.
Why don't you teach in Barnegat?
Or, why don't you recommend the town/city that you teach in?
Your response from last night?
Your misinformation is just piling up, so last nights post was no different (I'm still looking for a Friday's in Lacey)...what a shame.
Just one more thing...
For a teacher of 22 years you have a lot of spelling and grammatical errors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey