Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 09:18 PM

5 posts, read 13,931 times

Advertisements

Well, I would totally agree with this thread.
It's sad that you can try to work your whole life and just can't have the basics here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 04:26 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,525,108 times
honestly money does not solve all problems. I have no money problems at all but I would trade instantly to solve some of my other issues health, mom who sick, sister who is also blind and needs a kidney transplant! How much is that worth? Its funny its all of what your going thru at the time, I guess I would trade, I would have to get creative and hustle up a few jobs, but at least I would have my family. Everyone has there share, on the outside it looks that they have it all but maybe they dont!

Old 07-28-2008, 05:05 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,423,902 times
Living in jersey is not for those who don't have a strong will, sure it's tough but if you don't make the changes necessary to your financial situation you will always be stuck in a rut. I'm not saying that there are people out there who are not struggling, but what I mean is if things are not working out w/ their current status, then modify those things that you can change, whether it's eating out, or changing your leasure travel/vacations or heck, even change your cable/satellite package, reduce your spending, plan ahead a year or 2 as to what your financial situation should be, I know I do. JMO

Old 07-28-2008, 08:47 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,955,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
honestly money does not solve all problems. I have no money problems at all but I would trade instantly to solve some of my other issues health, mom who sick, sister who is also blind and needs a kidney transplant! How much is that worth? Its funny its all of what your going thru at the time, I guess I would trade, I would have to get creative and hustle up a few jobs, but at least I would have my family. Everyone has there share, on the outside it looks that they have it all but maybe they dont!
You're right, money does not solve everything and you have been dealt an awful lot health wise - both yourself and your family lately.

But truth be told, working in health care/ insurance for nearly 2 decades... money sure does help that too. I have seen a lot of people who are the working poor - not looking for handouts - but working their but off for nothing. And when they get ill, they are screwed. Some of them can not even afford the deductibles and co-pays they have to pay. Out of network, even if it is the best, is not an option. I do have a friend who is very, very wealthy - Manhattan wealthy - not even NJ wealthy - and his Dad had major heart problems & cancer for years - he got the best treatments in the world. Most not covered by healthcare and outrageously expensive. In the end, it could not save him, but it definitely bought him time.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
You're right, money does not solve everything and you have been dealt an awful lot health wise - both yourself and your family lately.

But truth be told, working in health care/ insurance for nearly 2 decades... money sure does help that too. I have seen a lot of people who are the working poor - not looking for handouts - but working their but off for nothing. And when they get ill, they are screwed. Some of them can not even afford the deductibles and co-pays they have to pay. Out of network, even if it is the best, is not an option. I do have a friend who is very, very wealthy - Manhattan wealthy - not even NJ wealthy - and his Dad had major heart problems & cancer for years - he got the best treatments in the world. Most not covered by healthcare and outrageously expensive. In the end, it could not save him, but it definitely bought him time.
Funny, your right, money does help that. That is one way to look at it. Thank god, insurance is not my problem either!!! You know my health issues are not bad yet, we will see, but my mom and sister are just plain awful. You are such a nice new addition to this forum!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Funny, your right, money does help that. That is one way to look at it. Thank god, insurance is not my problem either!!! You know my health issues are not bad yet, we will see, but my mom and sister are just plain awful. You are such a nice new addition to this forum!!!

Why are you looking at wiley & me when you said that?? (starting trouble as usual) but you're right, money doesn't cure all but it sure helps, I rather have it and no need it than needing it and not having it. And yes, EEPP AAA, FBI, CIA whatever her initials are is a nice addition. She seems to be a voice or reason in a chaotic world.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:19 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,955,846 times
Quote:
Thanks!
There is nothing worse than seeing the people you love suffer. I think it is worse than going through it yourself. I do feel for you - and I'll keep you all in my prayers!

Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Why are you looking at wiley & me when you said that?? (starting trouble as usual) but you're right, money doesn't cure all but it sure helps, I rather have it and no need it than needing it and not having it. And yes, EEPP AAA, FBI, CIA whatever her initials are is a nice addition. She seems to be a voice or reason in a chaotic world.
thanks , ummm now your the only one I can pick on, or be preverted too!! Wiley is a female, boy did I feel like an a-s!! I thought she was a he! So got an ideas ??

Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
thanks , ummm now your the only one I can pick on, or be preverted too!! Wiley is a female, boy did I feel like an a-s!! I thought she was a he! So got an ideas ??

Oh, I guess you haven't heard?? I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body according to Wiley , and as far as Ideas, sure I have plenty, the problem is implementing those (See: Wife w/ knife while holding my testicles up in the air) LOL.

P.S. How the hell in the world did you not know she was a she? by the way...are you ever going to post your pic or what? I'd like to see the train wreck I mean You LOL

Old 07-28-2008, 11:05 AM

I have no way to post my picture and that sucks if I mail you one could you do it???? Also what the hell do you mean train wreck! Serioulsy, I do not have a way to post a picture is there a company that can do it??? I have no scanner, or what do I need to do it?? I am so bad with computers!

I honestly had no idea he was a she!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey