Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 04:00 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,391,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I've heard others say similar things. We are probably going to do some kind of mid-country road trip next year. Probably fly into St. Louis and see a Cardinals game, then rent a car and venture around MO, KY and TN to see if anything strikes us.
Ewww....skip St Louis- there's not much there worth seeing, IMO. Take a drive thru PA to WV, head over to KY, down thru TN, and then across to north GA- I'll give you the grand tour around here....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 07:05 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,612,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Ewww....skip St Louis- there's not much there worth seeing, IMO. Take a drive thru PA to WV, head over to KY, down thru TN, and then across to north GA- I'll give you the grand tour around here....
Are you now our official "Southern" tour guide

Old 08-01-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Are you now our official "Southern" tour guide
Sure- come on down! I'll meet you at the airport!

Old 08-01-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Sure- come on down! I'll meet you at the airport!
Bags pack..heading out in a few..get the beer nice and cold for me

Old 08-01-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Bags pack..heading out in a few..get the beer nice and cold for me
Yeah yeah- promises, promises.......

Old 08-01-2008, 08:55 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,706,758 times
Quote:

I've done that loop.... beautiful areas...lots to be said bout gettin away from the hecktic northeast coast

Old 08-01-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Yeah yeah- promises, promises.......
LOL...I'm having problems dealing iwth temps in the 80's this week...I'd never survive in GA! Big ole wet blanket heat is what I remember most about GA...that friggin' humidity will kill me!

Old 08-01-2008, 09:21 AM

13,406 posts, read 28,739,320 times
Quote:
LOL...I'm having problems dealing iwth temps in the 80's this week...I'd never survive in GA! Big ole wet blanket heat is what I remember most about GA...that friggin' humidity will kill me!
Now you just know Bob is going to tell you the humidity in GA is just like NJ...only freakin problem is in GA it's around longer

Old 08-01-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
You must have been in Savannah or something- we haven't had a nasty day here yet this year (nor did we have anything worth noting last year). My mother was down all last week and she said the worst days she's ever felt were the weekend before last up in NJ. Add in the nasty storms you guys have been getting up there (like the one that kept her grounding in Atlanta for 6 hours last Sunday.....), and she's starting to think she'd enjoy it down here more than she does up there.

You guys never believe me when I say it, but if you watch the temps/humidity comparing NJ and Atlanta like I do, there's not that big of a difference, and our humidity is often the same or lower. Granted, it warms up earlier in the year and fall comes a little later, but it's nothing to be dramatic about.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:29 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,718,970 times
Quote:
You must have been in Savannah or something- we haven't had a nasty day here yet this year (nor did we have anything worth noting last year). My mother was down all last week and she said the worst days she's ever felt were the weekend before last up in NJ. Add in the nasty storms you guys have been getting up there (like the one that kept her grounding in Atlanta for 6 hours last Sunday.....), and she's starting to think she'd enjoy it down here more than she does up there.

You guys never believe me when I say it, but if you watch the temps/humidity comparing NJ and Atlanta like I do, there's not that big of a difference, and our humidity is often the same or lower. Granted, it warms up earlier in the year and fall comes a little later, but it's nothing to be dramatic about.
I agree with this. My folks live in SC and I find the humidity here just as bad and the temps just as hot, just maybe a shade cooler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey