Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 12:09 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,421,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I am only busting you back alex, but I would love to join you, thats the first time you ever invited me to do anything!! Alex your still #1 to me!!!! But dont comment back until I get my scanner!!!
Figures you'll be the one willing to join me in a mass suicide LOL Hello? can you say Heaven's Gate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 11:47 PM

20 posts, read 179,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjensen View Post
wow...I love NJ..close to NYC, beaches, mountains and evrything in between but it HAS become IMPOSSIBLE to keep up. And I'm one of the lucky few who bought right before market skyrocketed and I was able to buy in Ridgewood for about 250K. Taxes now 9K, my wife and I make about 110K with 2 kids and it is so hard to pay bills and have a little something left over for some fun or decent lifestsyle besides work. I look at home prices in other parts of the country (NC, Texas) and I am close to mving but have been here for all my life (48 yrs). I don't know how the youbger generation is going to do it. Prices are out of control, taxes etc. I pray for my children.
I kind of understand your statement, nj really has to get rid of the individual townships if you ask me because everyone is just making a killing

I live in Monroe, which is roughly 10k taxes, but the same size house by Freehold is a whopping $25k a year? What gives?

Im all for the schools, but this is getting ridiculous. They need to get this under control, because all that money for school.. sooner or late, there wont be any one attending

Old 07-29-2008, 09:41 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,950,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrz View Post
I kind of understand your statement, nj really has to get rid of the individual townships if you ask me because everyone is just making a killing

I live in Monroe, which is roughly 10k taxes, but the same size house by Freehold is a whopping $25k a year? What gives?

Im all for the schools, but this is getting ridiculous. They need to get this under control, because all that money for school.. sooner or late, there wont be any one attending
There is too much corruption in this state, everyone has their hand in the jar.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 AM

144 posts, read 449,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrz View Post

Wait till they finish the two new schools in Monroe and you'll see how quickly the taxes will go up.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:47 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
yummmm..chocolate chip - my favorite! Oops..sorry..did anyone see that? I swear I was just touching it..smelling it..I'll put it back..I swear

Old 07-29-2008, 09:48 AM

792 posts, read 3,137,271 times
The state needs to start publishing the revenues generated from places like AC, toll roads, etc., etc. regularly in the local newspaper.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:49 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,421,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
yummmm..chocolate chip - my favorite! Oops..sorry..did anyone see that? I swear I was just touching it..smelling it..I'll put it back..I swear
lemme guess? you do all the HVAC work for the school districts too? no bid contracts too I bet You weren't just touching it or smelling it....You were elbow deep down your throat gobbling it LOL

Old 07-29-2008, 09:54 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
lemme guess? you do all the HVAC work for the school districts too? no bid contracts too I bet You weren't just touching it or smelling it....You were elbow deep down your throat gobbling it LOL
My uncle Vinnie is in charge of choosing the contractor..nuff said.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:41 AM

20 posts, read 179,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culater88 View Post
Wait till they finish the two new schools in Monroe and you'll see how quickly the taxes will go up.
Its funny you say that, because talking to my new neighbors.. one had brought that up. About the schools being overcrowded and such

I dont know, I really hope not. (Would hate to move again =)

But I can definitely see they need to rework the budget and such. Def. shady stuff everywhere..

I also found out they voted off an ice rink, but opted for like 20+ tennis courts or so? what the ?

Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
This is a consequence of one party rule, EEEPNJ. When you have one party in charge at any level, be it state, local (look at cities like Detroit and Newark for first hand evidence) and the opposition party is weak, and has no chance of imprinting any type of autonomy, there will be a continued incremental loss of liberty. It's up to the residents of the state of NJ to make that change through the polling place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey