Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:59 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
Oh really? I suppose you can support the bolded assertion with some evidence that uncompensated care at health care institutions measurably increased after (and as a result of) a municipality, county, or state declared itself to be a sanctuary.
They were already inundated with illegals. No need to be an "official" illegal alien sanctuary.

Yet common sense dictates that when a municipality/county/state declares itself a "sanctuary" for illegals, illegals will flood that municipality/county/state and therefore cost the taxpayers of that municipality/county/state, measurably, in all forms & including heath care institutions.

Hospitals Feeling Strain From Illegal Immigrants - The New York Times

http://www.wnd.com/2005/03/29329/

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-spending.html

Quote:
“What is unseen is their [illegal aliens’] free medical care that has degraded and closed some of America’s finest emergency medical facilities, and caused hospital bankruptcies: 84 California hospitals are closing their doors,” Madeleine Peiner Cosman, Ph.D., Esq., “Illegal Aliens and American Medicine,” Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, Spring 2005.

"We're running an H.M.O. for illegal immigrants and if we keep it up, we're going to bankrupt the county,” Los Angeles County supervisor Michael D. Antonovich, New York Times, May 21, 2003.
https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...mergency-rooms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 07:49 AM

702 posts, read 540,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Here is how the rape is going down in one sanctuary city:

LA made $1.3B in illegal immigrant welfare payouts in just 2 years | Fox News

Oh wow, I didn't realize DeBlasio was the mayor of LA. Are you going to answer the question?

Quote:
The money for this rape didn't come from thin air. It was stolen from productive citizens who paid for it. I don't want that in my state.

WE SHOULD BE PAYING ZERO DOLLARS AND ZERO CENTS IN TOTAL SOCIAL WELFARE COSTS TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Well, we live in a society and it turns out that we don't get to decide where our tax dollars go. You have to pay a little bit of money for health care and basic social services for poor people, and you'd rather not do that.

I have to pay more than 5 times as much money for a military that kills thousands of innocent people per year. I'd rather not do that.

I guess we're both stuck.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
And?

The spending on one group is unnecessary

I completely agree, the $700 billion we spend on the military is a waste and should be dramatically cut.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
They were already inundated with illegals. No need to be an "official" illegal alien sanctuary.

Yet common sense dictates that when a municipality/county/state declares itself a "sanctuary" for illegals, illegals will flood that municipality/county/state and therefore cost the taxpayers of that municipality/county/state, measurably, in all forms & including heath care institutions.

If they were "already inundated", why would the cost of uncompensated care go up 35%? You guys are having a hard time with a pretty basic concept.

Please show me evidence of illegals "flooding" into a municipality, county, or state as a result of sanctuary statutes or policies.

Oh wow, did you just post 15 year old articles to support your point? That's pretty convincing.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:47 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:
Oh wow, I didn't realize DeBlasio was the mayor of LA. Are you going to answer the question?

Well, we live in a society and it turns out that we don't get to decide where our tax dollars go. You have to pay a little bit of money for health care and basic social services for poor people, and you'd rather not do that.

I have to pay more than 5 times as much money for a military that kills thousands of innocent people per year. I'd rather not do that.

I guess we're both stuck.

Isn't that special? You omitted the accurate term "illegal aliens" and substituted the term "poor people". I stated that $0.00 should be going to services for illegal aliens.

And we live in a world of mystic savage beasts and our military protects us from that. You should be thankful to the military for allowing you to remain free, because if ISIS and North Korea and many other medieval countries had their way, your head would be chopped off and that would be that.

Our military budget is a bargain, and we should actually increase it. I'd like to see 25 aircraft carriers just to get warmed up.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Isn't that special? You omitted the accurate term "illegal aliens" and substituted the term "poor people". I stated that $0.00 should be going to services for illegal aliens.
Sorry Marc, that's the accurate term. The services you're complaining about are not provided to illegal aliens, they're provided to anyone that needs them, i.e. poor people. If someone with means overstays their visa, they don't get free services.

The $113 billion figure includes estimates for things like police and fire protection, which is highly dubious because there's little evidence that less would be spent on police or fire fighters if not for the undocumented residents. It also includes the cost of education for their children - citizens by birth that you apparently think should not be allowed to go to school.

Quote:
And we live in a world of mystic savage beasts and our military protects us from that. You should be thankful to the military for allowing you to remain free, because if ISIS and North Korea and many other medieval countries had their way, your head would be chopped off and that would be that.

Our military budget is a bargain, and we should actually increase it. I'd like to see 25 aircraft carriers just to get warmed up.

ISIS rose to prominence as a result of the Iraq war, a mistake we never would have made if we weren't spending such an insane amount of money on our military.

North Korea was invaded by American forces in the 1950s, their nuclear weapons program is an obvious deterrent to further American aggression.

What would we do with 25 aircraft carriers? I'd like to know what we'd do with more air power that we cannot do today with what we have.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:29 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Sorry Marc, that's the accurate term. The services you're complaining about are not provided to illegal aliens, they're provided to anyone that needs them, i.e. poor people. If someone with means overstays their visa, they don't get free services.

The $113 billion figure includes estimates for things like police and fire protection, which is highly dubious because there's little evidence that less would be spent on police or fire fighters if not for the undocumented residents. It also includes the cost of education for their children - citizens by birth that you apparently think should not be allowed to go to school.
Im not sure what you are talking about. The figure does not include educating children that were born here. They are legal citizens, and that $113 billion figure only covers illegal aliens. Children that were born in a foreign country that are here illegally.

So do you want to give our money to the poor people around the world? Or just the ones that come here illegally.

I am assuming you dont mean to give our money to the poor people around the world because there are billions of them. We would quickly become just as poor as them if we did that.

So what makes the poor people that have broken our laws, more deserving than the poor people around the world who didnt break our laws? Are we rewarding people for breaking our laws? Doesn’t that seem counterproductive? Not only is there NO punishment, but there is an actual REWARD! Won’t that encourage more people to break our laws?

Old 10-19-2017, 01:07 PM

23 posts, read 34,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Im not sure what you are talking about. The figure does not include educating children that were born here. They are legal citizens, and that $113 billion figure only covers illegal aliens. Children that were born in a foreign country that are here illegally.

So do you want to give our money to the poor people around the world? Or just the ones that come here illegally.

I am assuming you dont mean to give our money to the poor people around the world because there are billions of them. We would quickly become just as poor as them if we did that.

So what makes the poor people that have broken our laws, more deserving than the poor people around the world who didnt break our laws? Are we rewarding people for breaking our laws? Doesn’t that seem counterproductive? Not only is there NO punishment, but there is an actual REWARD! Won’t that encourage more people to break our laws?
Please stop, you're making too much sense! /s

Old 10-19-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

The 2013 FAIR report that the $113 billion figure is based on absolutely counts the costs of education for U.S. born children.

Donald Trump says illegal immigration costs $113 billion a year | PolitiFact

Quote:
FAIR based its estimates on a pool of 13 million people in the country illegally. It includes at least 3.4 million children who are U.S. citizens born to undocumented parents.

If you're referring to another figure, please link to it.

Quote:

I'd be fine distributing the money we spend on our military as direct foreign aid. Not one more dime out of either of our pockets, and much more good would be done.

Quote:

Years ago I dated a woman that had overstayed her visa because she didn't want to go back to Israel. She worked as a nanny for cash. She couldn't drive, she couldn't have a career, she couldn't go to school, she couldn't travel back to Israel to visit her family. She didn't have a life in the way either of us would recognize. Yeah, she was really "rewarded"

You're so wrapped up in who deserves what. You think children born here "deserve" opportunity more than children born somewhere else?

Old 10-19-2017, 01:59 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
The 2013 FAIR report that the $113 billion figure is based on absolutely counts the costs of education for U.S. born children.

Donald Trump says illegal immigration costs $113 billion a year | PolitiFact

If you're referring to another figure, please link to it.
So it does. But the numbers are way too low. Illegal aliens (and their American born as well as illegal children) are currently costing us $135 Billion. Not $113B. The current numbers for state and local is $89 Billion and the federal cost is $46 Billion.

You can see the most current numbers below...

https://fairus.org/issue/publication...ates-taxpayers

Quote:
I'd be fine distributing the money we spend on our military as direct foreign aid. Not one more dime out of either of our pockets, and much more good would be done.

Years ago I dated a woman that had overstayed her visa because she didn't want to go back to Israel. She worked as a nanny for cash. She couldn't drive, she couldn't have a career, she couldn't go to school, she couldn't travel back to Israel to visit her family. She didn't have a life in the way either of us would recognize. Yeah, she was really "rewarded"

You're so wrapped up in who deserves what. You think children born here "deserve" opportunity more than children born somewhere else?
She should not have a life here if she was here illegally. I’m glad it was hard for her. Apparently there must have been some sort of reward for her, because she stayed.

But I have to wonder, if things were so bad for her here, why did she stay? Israel is a nice, first world country with all the comforts of any other first world country. Why live in the shadows in one wealthy country when you can live out in the open in another wealthy country?

The story doesn’t make sense.

As to your last question, I don’t think children born here deserve opportunity more than children born somewhere else. I think children born here have a legal right to whatever our officials, elected by taxpayers, decide is the minimum level of support. Children born as citizens of other countries have a legal right to whatever it is that their country is offering them.

What is so hard to understand about that?

I’ll pay for my children to Harvard if they get accepted. By your logic, I should have to pay for someone else’s children to go to Harvard as well because they “deserve” the same opportunities as my kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey