Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 10:59 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shet View Post
This does not make sense. Education in NJ (at least for non-Abbott districts) comes from property taxes and everybody pays property taxes irrespective of whether they are here legally or illegally.
That's the first problem.

Public education shouldn't be funded through property taxes.

Not one of my 3 have stepped a toe in a public school, yet over 75% of my property taxes go to the town's public schools.

And my town's public schools are terrible.

Illegals don't tend to live in high-end areas & pay their "fair share" of property taxes. Yet they still send their children (and they always seem to have more than a few) to the public schools.

They tend to rent from LLs in cities (such as New Brunswick) or small towns (such as Bound Brook) where the slumlords look the other way when the 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom unit has over the legal limit allowed to live in it. Filled to the brim with adults (family members or friends) not on the lease & a "dining area" partitioned off & turned in to a bedroom with 2 sets of bunk beds in it, and 2 sets of bunk beds in the 2nd bedroom & one set (plus an "adult sized bed for two) in the master.

5-6 kids and 4-5 adults (or more)... how exactly is that paying a "fair share" of property taxes? The rent is what it is, and the property taxes are what they are no matter how many squeeze in.

In reality, the LL/owner of the building or property is the one who pays the property taxes. Especially when the illegals stop paying rent & literally take the entire kitchen with them - midnight run, but leave, not only the nasty kitchen sink...their precious first communion 8x10 pics of their 10 kids hanging on the walls.

Go figure.

Quote:
Emergency room health care for truly emergency cases is humanity. Or are you suggesting that if somebody is in a road accident, then before hospital admission one has to pay a deposit first and then get admitted. Happens in many countries unless you go to a govt run hospital there i.e. money first, life later.
Funny thing...took one of my kids to the ER a few months ago (allergic reaction to a med). Hadn't been at St. Peter's ER (New Brunswick) for over a decade. Despite the fact it was completely renovated, there wasn't the "expected" hanging out in the waiting room. The pediatric waiting room was empty - unheard of. When my child was in one of the ED rooms (took 5 minutes after triage) - I noticed a "notice" on the wall. What it basically said, to the best of my recollection, was that you will be evaluated but if you don't have insurance to treat your malady, you will be transported elsewhere. I didn't ask where, we have insurance, but I assumed over to RWJ & due to the fact that I have clientele who work at RWJ and have told me that it's turned in to a haven for illegals and indigents. Which is what St. Pete's used to be.

Quote:
Cut the employment venues and illegal immigration will wane on their own.
Cut their ability to get welfare, not all of them work. Watch 'em not even bother to come to this country illegally.

Quote:
I really don't get why politicians around the US are supporting illegally entered people.
Votes.

For the dem party.

Quote:
Each time I see DACA news, I really have pity for legally entered people whose minor children "age-out" due to the long wait of their parent's green card process. Take the case of two kids who entered US when they were at the same age but one was brought in illegally here and other legally entered. The illegal gets an EAD while the legal one has to go back if the parents are from backlogged countries. So much for a law-abiding country.
How do those who "legally entered" this country have illegal kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 11:30 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
Your high salary is far more of a drag on the economy than undocumented workers are. If you can't understand that, you probably wouldn't go very far at Goldman.
LOL!

Hardly.

Illegals do menial work & hide in the system while taking advantage of it all & cost LEGAL US tax payers billions of dollars EVERY year.

Just for existing in this country, illegally.

How do you not understand that simple fact?

Old 10-13-2017, 02:06 AM

275 posts, read 214,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Not to mention all the state and local income taxes that they pay and get no services for...
In order for any person to pay Federal, State, or Local Income tax; you need a SS number or TINN. You get that number when you are either born, legalized, or registered as student or temporary worker. With that said, there are two ways to get that number as an illegal alien. A) By using someone else's number (identity theft) or B) By applying in the SS office after you have proved your legal status in the country (not illegals). Therefore, this whole thing that illegal aliens pay taxes is a bunch of crap. They only taxes they pay is the sales tax at their state of residence. That's about it.

Lots of illegals use SS numbers of deceased or retired persons. For instance, if any illegal works at a warehouse, retail store, or fast food restaurant with someone else's SS number, they can do so but for so long. The actual bearer of that number will file his/her Income Tax and raise red flags at the IRS for not disclosing the income earned (unknowingly). Then the IRS will follow up with the illegal's employer and as of result the illegal will be fired for using someone else's number. That is the reason why they only use that number for two or three years tops. After a while, they stop buying fake SS numbers because they realize that the benefits are not far superior than the risk/loss. Needless to say, it is expensive to buy fake SS numbers.

On the other hand, they get more services than what most Liberal/Progressives are willing to admit.....Hospitals (Emergency visits), schools, food stamps, free college in some states....that's more than what you and me can get for free.

Last edited by EdGuitar; 10-13-2017 at 02:14 AM..

Old 10-13-2017, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
LOL!

Hardly.

Illegals do menial work & hide in the system while taking advantage of it all & cost LEGAL US tax payers billions of dollars EVERY year.

Just for existing in this country, illegally.

How do you not understand that simple fact?
He means that your good salary hinders the economy of the Liberals that enrich themselves by way of cheap/slave labor. When millions of illegal aliens dilute the salaries of the normal working American, then they (Democrats and Republicans disguised as conservatives) become wealthy.

I hope my translation helps!

Old 10-13-2017, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shet View Post
This does not make sense. Education in NJ (at least for non-Abbott districts) comes from property taxes and everybody pays property taxes irrespective of whether they are here legally or illegally.
Certainly! However, it does not come at a price. For instance, illegal aliens hardly buy any property. But even when they rent, and those costs are partially embedded in the monthly price of rent, they tend to rent places along with 20 other illegals living in that same house. That translates to 20 kids per household which makes your school over crowded. Needless to say, the school has to curve and downgrade the academic material just so that no kids are left behind (no pun intended).

Old 10-13-2017, 03:24 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,847,734 times
Why dont the posters in THIS thread care about the poor Americans that are in NJ?

This hurts the poor in NJ the most.

It will hurt even more when floods of illegals in NY find out about this and come here.

How the heck could anyone actually support this crap?

I hope Murphy loses big time.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:40 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
....................I hope Murphy loses big time.
Just brace yourself for his win, earn as much as you can (even if it requires additional education or enhanced skills) and invest it wisely.

That's all you can really do to take care of your family and yourself. Especially in so-called progressive states.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:48 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
Excellent posts AnesthesiaMD.

Its almost as if some people nowadays look down on people who worked hard when they were young, made the right and responsible decisions in life, and became successful.
I've seen it in my own extended family. Those of us that became professionally and financially successful, didn't keep making the same stupid decisions over and over after our frontal lobes connected, etc were looked upon as being "lucky", and worse.

It's a weird sort of reverse snobbery.

Whatever. I'll do it my way, thank you.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:19 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Unless they catch Murphy having relations with a goat, he will run away with the win.

Even if they find him with a goat. It would still be a 50/50 shot.

This reminds me just how much I loathe both parties.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:40 AM

522 posts, read 993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post

How do those who "legally entered" this country have illegal kids?

No, for parent who entered legally, the kids are legally here and that is the issue. One of the criteria for getting an employment authorization under DACA is "entered the U.S. without inspection or fell out of lawful visa status before June 15, 2012".

However for parents who entered legally and are on non-immigrant visa and are from severely backlogged countries for employment based green cards, the wait time to apply for the last stage of greencard is 5 to 15 years or even more. If before that the kids turn 21, they lose their status because you cannot be on dependent visa anymore.

What this means is that the kids have to leave US. On the other hand the illegally entered kid can stay here as long as he or she wants thanks to DACA.

The only reason media or politicians do not talk about the legally entered kids is because they number just in thousands where the illegally entered people number in hundreds of thousands. And the main reason for the backlog in employment based green cards is because US immigration limits the number of people of any one country to 7% so that there is diversity in US and which is a good thing. But that is only for people who follow the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey