Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 03:26 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I know why they were pulled over, and why they were impounded.

Yes, ALPR technology allows for rapid revenue generation, but that's a different argument.

Bottom line: those cops had the discretion not to tow the car, and let them off with a fine. But no, they had to flex their muscle...
No they did not,you need to educate yourself on the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 07:14 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
My favorite part was how she was demanding that they tell her what happened when the people involved were over 18.

I have a right to privacy, even from my mom if I get pulled over, and I would expect the police to respect that right. Good for them for doing the right thing here. If the kid wants to show the mom the ticket, where it's going to be clearly indicated what happened, they can. Mom's yelling at the wrong person.
Yes, and her daughter wasn't even the driver/owner of the car. She was just a passenger.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:23 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,254,959 times
Quote:

Yes, ALPR technology allows for rapid revenue generation, but that's a different argument.

Bottom line: those cops had the discretion not to tow the car, and let them off with a fine. But no, they had to flex their muscle...
Been arrested, amirite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
No proof of insurance. No proof of registration. That is enough to impound a car. After all, the car is full of responsible smart drivers who are attending Yale and MIT as duly noted by the all powerful ex-commissioner.

Yep.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:54 AM

17,007 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:

They impounded my car for it. (expired registration by 5 days) Im the whitest guy on earth. The only color NJ cops pay attention to is dead president green.

Old 04-27-2018, 02:12 PM

807 posts, read 1,034,029 times
They should have beat that woman. What a piece of garbage.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:21 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,722,651 times
I got into a similar issue over 10 yrs ago, my minivan had expired NY reg and I was pulled over by Woodbridge police. After talking with them. They let me go if I can mail them a copy of renewed registration next day. The reason they let me go because my son was 2 yrs old and also a baby inside. It was my fault but luckily I got off scratch free.

So not every cop cared about money, they had to radio a sarg on duty to get approval.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:17 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,968,050 times
What kind of flaming idiot drives a car around with out-of-state plates (partially obscured), tinted windows, expired registration, and no insurance card? The driver, and the parents who own the car, who let these Ivy League geniuses use the car (possibly drive it all the way from Nevada to NJ), should be arrested for being too stupid to function.

The Jersey cop bashing in this thread is hilarious. If you drove a car with Jersey plates, with attention rousing details like tinted windows and license plate frames, with expired registration, and with no insurance card, out on the hick roads of Nevada...what would you expect to happen? I would expect to get pulled over for going 56 mph in a 55 mph. You think Nevada cops would treat you like the sovereign citizen king baby that you think you are? Hahahaha hee hee hoo hoo. Get real.

This Caren Turner garbage monster is a magnificent a-hole. And her kid is also an a-hole. Calling mommy to get her BFFs out of trouble? The car doesn't even belong to the Turners, and the Turner kid wasn't even the one driving. So why call Caren Turner? I'm guessing it's because the Turner kid is a spoiled, entitled princess whose mommy has used her position to get her and her friends out of similar situations before. Just look at the way they are all standing around while Turner is squawking endlessly at the Tenafly cops. Jesus H. Chist, if that were my mom, I'd be embarrassed as hell. I get embarrassed when my mom starts kvetching at waitstaff about the dish she ordered. If she were making a scene like that with the cops, I would have walked out into traffic just to make the cringe go away.

But, I would never have called my mommy anyway, at the college level, because of a traffic stop, especially not when it didn't involve my car, and/or I wasn't even the one driving. If I needed a ride, I would have called one of my friends. If I had called my parents to come out and help my moron friend with a traffic stop, they would have told me to go pound sand...after laughing for 5 full minutes.

Old 04-27-2018, 06:33 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
I had no idea who this woman was prior to watching this video, but it took me all of about 2 or 3 minutes of Google searching to figure out who these two nice patient officers were dealing with. I'd make a further comment or two but don't really feel like being accused of being an anti-Semite tonight (lol).

Old 04-27-2018, 06:41 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
What kind of flaming idiot drives a car around with out-of-state plates (partially obscured), tinted windows, expired registration, and no insurance card? The driver, and the parents who own the car, who let these Ivy League geniuses use the car (possibly drive it all the way from Nevada to NJ), should be arrested for being too stupid to function.

The Jersey cop bashing in this thread is hilarious. If you drove a car with Jersey plates, with attention rousing details like tinted windows and license plate frames, with expired registration, and with no insurance card, out on the hick roads of Nevada...what would you expect to happen? I would expect to get pulled over for going 56 mph in a 55 mph. You think Nevada cops would treat you like the sovereign citizen king baby that you think you are? Hahahaha hee hee hoo hoo. Get real.

This Caren Turner garbage monster is a magnificent a-hole. And her kid is also an a-hole. Calling mommy to get her BFFs out of trouble? The car doesn't even belong to the Turners, and the Turner kid wasn't even the one driving. So why call Caren Turner? I'm guessing it's because the Turner kid is a spoiled, entitled princess whose mommy has used her position to get her and her friends out of similar situations before. Just look at the way they are all standing around while Turner is squawking endlessly at the Tenafly cops. Jesus H. Chist, if that were my mom, I'd be embarrassed as hell. I get embarrassed when my mom starts kvetching at waitstaff about the dish she ordered. If she were making a scene like that with the cops, I would have walked out into traffic just to make the cringe go away.

But, I would never have called my mommy anyway, at the college level, because of a traffic stop, especially not when it didn't involve my car, and/or I wasn't even the one driving. If I needed a ride, I would have called one of my friends. If I had called my parents to come out and help my moron friend with a traffic stop, they would have told me to go pound sand...after laughing for 5 full minutes.
lol This is so true. I know it's NY so culturally and politically not that different than NJ, but upstate the NY troopers hide better than Waldo, in the freaking woods, ready to pull over out of stater drivers (and New Yorkers too) for speeding and other infractions. Cops everywhere LOVE nabbing out of staters because they typically don't know the nuances of the law and likely won't come to court to fight a ticket because they live elsewhere, so they'll just give in and pay.

However, in NV apparently it's legal to have tinted front windows, I heard because it gets so hot? I don't know about these things, so I don't think tints would be an issue with a NJ car there. But speeding, even a little, an obscured plate, no insurance or expired registration, etc., sure.

But honestly, I disagree with you about the daughter calling her mom thing. I suspect the daughter called her mom to pick them up because they were pulled over in their hometown, so presumably Turner was minutes away. Because the driver is apparently an out of stater and they all apparently attend Yale, it's possible that Turner's daughter was the only one from the area/NJ or even anywhere nearby and that it made sense for her mom to come get them rather than, say, paying for an uber for a short ride within the town. It was Easter weekend, so I suspect maybe the daughter's Yale friends went to nearby NJ for the holiday. Perhaps, I could be wrong but this makes the most sense to me, without knowing more.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:47 PM

4,183 posts, read 5,067,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No they did not,you need to educate yourself on the law.
Do tell.

Please provide references to support your position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Been arrested, amirite?
Nope, sorry !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey