Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 07:22 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Oh Boy.

FYI: I don't condone a "stoned" society although the ruling party and most its voters in this state are probably already stoned IMHO.

As far as that sentence you highlighted, I don't condone that either but look at it from a potential increase of tax receipts (don't condone this either) view that the governor potentially could as a small investment on the onset. As like Live and Let Die - James Bond when Dr. Kananga intends to increase the heroin addicts by giving away free heroin initially so his crop would increase in value once the demand goes up and with NJ if demand goes up would equal more tax receipts that as NJ does well to go down the proverbial "black hole".

Old 10-11-2018, 08:36 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,963,905 times
You're like a blind man talking about colors. You have to get stoned to know what it's all about. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but it's not what you think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
FYI: I don't condone a "stoned" society although the ruling party and most its voters in this state are probably already stoned IMHO.

As far as that sentence you highlighted, I don't condone that either but look at it from a potential increase of tax receipts (don't condone this either) view that the governor potentially could as a small investment on the onset. As like Live and Let Die - James Bond when Dr. Kananga intends to increase the heroin addicts by giving away free heroin initially so his crop would increase in value once the demand goes up and with NJ if demand goes up would equal more tax receipts that as NJ does well to go down the proverbial "black hole".

Old 10-11-2018, 09:25 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:

i find it amazing that people believe that they have any right whatsoever to tell other people what they can or cant consume.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:28 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i find it amazing that people believe that they have any right whatsoever to tell other people what they can or cant consume.

People are supposed to be free to consume what they want as it's their body.

My posts were sarcastic as far as the governor and his cronies as far as for tax receipts to legalize marijuana or anything else - TAX is the main word here as the government will give one a right to consume something by legalizing it for that end result.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:58 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
People are supposed to be free to consume what they want as it's their body.

My posts were sarcastic as far as the governor and his cronies as far as for tax receipts to legalize marijuana or anything else - TAX is the main word here as the government will give one a right to consume something by legalizing it for that end result.
gotcha, i was a little confused by your post. i am glad we are on the same page. its amazing to me that the government was ever able to pass these drug laws that allows the government to arrest and imprison people for consuming something that they chose to consume. at what point did we stop believing that we should be free to make our own choices (and mistakes)?

Old 10-11-2018, 12:27 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
It's on the way. Per NJ United for Marijuana Reform, the bill has been drafted but there is a hold up due to taxes. The way it's written there will be a 10% tax, which would be the lowest of all legal states. Murphy wants them higher. NJU for MR is also trying to enact a few other changes, for instance allowing communities most harmed by the war on drugs to have access to the economy and commerce of the legal marijuana trade. They also want it to allow home grow, which in its' current form does not. The link below includes a link to the bill.

https://www.njumr.org/news/2018/10/0...alization-bill

Old 10-11-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
If they pass it this term I'd be surprised if recreational pot sales began before 2020, look what's happened in Massachusetts.
That's because they have a Republican governor who never wanted it. If Christy was still in we might have issues, but as it is the only hold ups are technical. It is already much wider in scope than Mass, including expungement of all criminal records of those convicted of marijuana crimes in the past, opportunities for those with criminal records to work in the industry, delivery for those with limited mobility, and public consumption spaces.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:46 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,575,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
gotcha, i was a little confused by your post. i am glad we are on the same page. its amazing to me that the government was ever able to pass these drug laws that allows the government to arrest and imprison people for consuming something that they chose to consume. at what point did we stop believing that we should be free to make our own choices (and mistakes)?

Drug laws have racist origins. It was totaly legal to get "A shot in the arm" for 5 cents of COKE a.k.a. Coca-Cola (Pemberton..) But when the blacks started using it, two things happened:

1. The .45 began to be developed (or another caliber. Maybe .38 Special, my memory fades. But 9mm parabellum wasn't doing what they wanted)

2. The D.E.A. was created, made it to have a license - that is still impossible to obtain - thus making "drugs" "illegal."

So, two things were created, a bigger firearm, and a whole new agency, when racism dictated it to be so.

And NJ is The Prison State.

Now. About that $15...

Old 10-11-2018, 12:47 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,575,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's because they have a Republican governor who never wanted it. If Christy was still in we might have issues, but as it is the only hold ups are technical. It is already much wider in scope than Mass, including expungement of all criminal records of those convicted of marijuana crimes in the past, opportunities for those with criminal records to work in the industry, delivery for those with limited mobility, and public consumption spaces.

The Massachusetts C.O.R.I. law is great, as even felonies from other states don't count.

Mass is a cool place.

NJ wants to be Mass Lite.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
The Massachusetts C.O.R.I. law is great, as even felonies from other states don't count.

Mass is a cool place.

NJ wants to be Mass Lite.
I had heard it was pretty restricted there and not really even up and running yet. My fiancé is from Boston and goes there frequently, but has not seen stores, edibles, pot-crust pizza parlors, all the other stuff like they have in the Pacific Northwest.

What do you mean Mass lite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey