Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 09:56 AM

494 posts, read 370,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
My Prius was hit on the left side by someone in Edison. I said I was calling the police the person immediately told me they will pay the damage. I believe he is an illegal South East Indian or uninsured so he asks me how much. I said probably $500 and I am being serious. His daughter came by 1/2 hr later with the cash and we took off.

This is the kind of example if you get into an auto accident with someone that is probably an illegal. If you were struck and hurt badly by someone that is an illegal. You better have good self-insurance. There's the hidden cost of having illegals in America. While people get their lawns cut and homes fixed up by illegals if they get hurt and go to the hospitals. They usually pay whatever cost to get quickly fixed up while the hospitals have to eat those costs and pass it on to Americans.
you should have asked for $1000 or if he refused called the cops.

you win with the $1000, or America wins with one more illegal deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2020, 07:33 AM

181 posts, read 378,692 times
At least you know exactly where they are. They're not going anywhere. If the powers that be, both Democrat and Republican, really wanted them gone they would have corrected things years ago. This nation likes it's cheap labor.

Old 09-03-2020, 04:14 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Done deal, Murphy signed bill into law yesterday.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...ey/3455489001/

Old 09-03-2020, 06:55 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Sounds good to me. People with the skills and experience to be able to obtain these licenses are likely to be productive members of society.
Unfortunately, you have an ethics issue here. If someone willfully violates the law that speaks directly to the character of that person. I want to hire people with the highest moral standards, not the lowest.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:56 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Unfortunately, you have an ethics issue here. If someone willfully violates the law that speaks directly to the character of that person. I want to hire people with the highest moral standards, not the lowest.
If they were brought here as a child. Graduated near the top of their class at a nj high school. Went to community college and got a medical tech degree, all while working a part time job to pay for the tuition. Passed all licensing exams. I would think they would be a good employee.
From those I know in the community college programs - the vast majority fit the above description.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:58 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
If they were brought here as a child. Graduated near the top of their class at a nj high school. Went to community college and got a medical tech degree, all while working a part time job to pay for the tuition. Passed all licensing exams. I would think they would be a good employee.
From those I know in the community college programs - the vast majority fit the above description.
Then apply for citizenship and follow the law.

Old 09-04-2020, 01:53 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Then apply for citizenship and follow the law.
That is part of the deal that they sign. In order to get any financial aid they must apply for citizenship at the earliest possible time.

The New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application allows NJ Dreamers enrolled in eligible New Jersey colleges and universities to apply for state financial aid.

Attended a New Jersey high school for at least three (3) years
Graduated from a New Jersey high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in New Jersey
Registered for Selective Service (male students only)
Are able to file an affidavit stating that you have filed an application to legalize your immigration status or will file an application as soon as you are eligible to do so

ETA: I have worked with these students and they will be an asset to NJ. Hardworking, smart - good kids.

Old 09-04-2020, 09:42 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,640,995 times
Quote:
Ethics and law are rarely aligned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey