Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 07:43 AM

910 posts, read 755,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
And how do you know that the people you’re reporting are actually illegal? Do you just report every brown person you see?
No, not at all. I do not report any brown person. I report the employer for illegal employment. How do I know? That's the job of ICE inspectors. They are supposed to check for illegal work. It's really quite simple: no documents? You're an illegal alien and need to be shipped back and the employer needs to be fined thousands and thousands of dollars. This is the method often used in Great Britain. They send random inspectors, border force, to check for illegals. WE USED to do that too...conducting raids. Now, it has to be up to the citizen to check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 07:43 AM

50,997 posts, read 36,695,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
HAHAHA. Are you serious? You think EVERYONE goes to Asian nail parlors for pedicures?
Everyone was a poor choice of word. But yes a lot of people do. Walk down Asbury Avenue in Ocean City on any afternoon and see how many people are in them. There are three or four just on Asbury and they’re all busy.

Old 07-25-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
No, not at all. I do not report any brown person. I report the employer for illegal employment. How do I know? That's the job of ICE inspectors. They are supposed to check for illegal work. It's really quite simple: no documents? You're an illegal alien and need to be shipped back and the employer needs to be fined thousands and thousands of dollars. This is the method often used in Great Britain. They send random inspectors, border force, to check for illegals. WE USED to do that too...conducting raids. Now, it has to be up to the citizen to check.
I’m asking you how you know they’re illegal when you call?

Old 07-25-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Everyone was a poor choice of word. But yes a lot of people do. Walk down Asbury Avenue in Ocean City on any afternoon and see how many people are in them. There are three or four just on Asbury and they’re all busy.
OK, fair enough...I'll give you that. Still, doesn't mean this is a good idea though. Look, I think on a personal level, most illegal immigrants are good people who only want what they think is best for their family. Fair point...but, at the end of the day, illegal is illegal is illegal. If we do not like laws, then Congress can change them. Should we simply just disobey all laws we don't agree with? I'd love to choose not to pay taxes!

Old 07-25-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
OK, fair enough...I'll give you that. Still, doesn't mean this is a good idea though. Look, I think on a personal level, most illegal immigrants are good people who only want what they think is best for their family. Fair point...but, at the end of the day, illegal is illegal is illegal. If we do not like laws, then Congress can change them. Should we simply just disobey all laws we don't agree with? I'd love to choose not to pay taxes!
Save up for a Mar-a-Lago membership. Their tax dreams all came true!

Old 07-25-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
I’m asking you how you know they’re illegal when you call?
Normally because of the type of job and vans/trucks used. A proper company has a logo, for example...and is registered properly and easy to look up and verify. A lot of landscaping, as you yourself say, is done by illegal aliens, so the type of job being performed is often a good indicator. I would like to see ICE step up inspections of employers and conduct unannounced inspections to check that the paperwork is in order. If it's not, time to shut down that business and arrest the illegals so they can be properly processed to be returned to their true country.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:09 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,647,459 times
[quote=Rollingon;58711645]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
How does this make any legal sense at all? We are going to be granting professional licenses to people who are not legally allowed to work here. This, plus all the other recent laws we are passing, like in-state tuition and driver's licenses, we may as well send invitations to all illegal aliens saying "Please move to NJ.".

It’s daylight murder without the gory graphics. I am a legal alien who migrated through employment. It takes a lot of discipline, patience and staying on the right side of the law as you pass from stage to stage, year after year before the government grants you a Green card. Today the same route that I took years ago has been reduced to complete uncertainty where government gives a family with kids 72 hours (yes you read that right) to uproot and relocate to their own country. This at the same time when am illegal can be rushed to hospital in an ambulance and get treated at my tax $. The same illegal who knowingly travelled to USA to end up as an illegal!!

The absurdity of it all is there are many political, social and support groups of legal citizens who care more for the rights of these illegals at the detriment of their future generations and other legal immigrants. It’s a joke.
^^^^^Someone gets it.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:30 AM

[quote=JERSEY MAN;58735805]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingon View Post

^^^^^Someone gets it.
The laws are a joke, yes. Nobody enforces them. If I were a LEGAL immigrant, I'd be so outraged right now and disappointed in this country for getting to such a low level. It really has hit rock bottom.

Illegal immigrants are like burglars- they may have had it tough in their lives and their stories may be very sad, but they are still out to take what's yours. Most people still understand that despite the constant propaganda they are daily subjected to by CNN, the education system and the metropolitan elites who live no where near illegals or do not suffer the consequences of the schools overcrowding, the violence, and the alienation one feels when you can walk entire blocks in some parts and not hear a single word of English.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:58 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,045,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife91 View Post

Have you ever tried to cross into canada with no documents? What about Mexico? Do you think you could just tell the cops you don't speak spanish and they will hand you a brand new ID and tax number?
I have done both. Do so every year with Canada (just hike or cross a lake) and done it in the Big Bend region of Texas as well. No biggie.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:08 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,761,583 times
My Prius was hit on the left side by someone in Edison. I said I was calling the police the person immediately told me they will pay the damage. I believe he is an illegal South East Indian or uninsured so he asks me how much. I said probably $500 and I am being serious. His daughter came by 1/2 hr later with the cash and we took off.

This is the kind of example if you get into an auto accident with someone that is probably an illegal. If you were struck and hurt badly by someone that is an illegal. You better have good self-insurance. There's the hidden cost of having illegals in America. While people get their lawns cut and homes fixed up by illegals if they get hurt and go to the hospitals. They usually pay whatever cost to get quickly fixed up while the hospitals have to eat those costs and pass it on to Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey