Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 10:04 AM

156 posts, read 165,740 times

Advertisements

With all the problems in California right now aren't you glad that you are living in New Jersey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 11:05 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,014,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anavar View Post
With all the problems in California right now aren't you glad that you are living in New Jersey?
Everyone I know has left or wants to leave California. Same goes for NJ and NY, something about being blue.

Old 09-10-2020, 12:03 PM

82 posts, read 79,984 times
Quote:
Because of the wildfires?

Eh, not really. Hurricane season is coming up so who knows if it will be our turn next?

Old 09-10-2020, 12:18 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
you using an old bodybuilding forum username?

Old 09-10-2020, 12:39 PM

453 posts, read 345,594 times
I am a happy NJ resident, not because I compare us to other places, but because I am satisfied with my life here. It is nice that having natural disasters is rarer than some other areas, as it causes less disruption to our lives.

Old 09-10-2020, 12:45 PM

1,845 posts, read 1,495,103 times
Quote:
I'm from NJ and moved to CA 2 months ago. I really how miss how life was safe in NJ. NJ never had any real natural disasters unless you lived near the shore and also NJ is safe in terms of not being ghetto.

Air quality in CA is not too safe and yesterday it was so bad where everything was red and everything looked like night at 9 AM.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:35 PM

19,132 posts, read 25,345,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
NJ never had any real natural disasters unless you lived near the shore
I hate to say "I told you so", but when you posted your comment (shortly after moving to CA) about your new area being really nice, and not being subject to earthquakes, I appended the word "yet" onto your statement (Never say never!!), and at that time I also reminded you that CA has an annual wildfire season, followed a few months later by an annual landslide season.
(I hate it when I'm right!!) Throw in a random quake here or there, and things are not necessarily roses and lollipops in CA. However, if CA floats your boat, more power to you.

At that time, I also mentioned that every state is subject to some sort of natural disaster, but that they vary somewhat from one state to another. In case you hadn't heard, Freehold,NJ experienced an earthquake a day or so ago, so maybe natural disasters don't vary that much anyway.

Speaking of natural disasters/health threats, were you aware that CA is one of the few states that has an active Bubonic Plague Zone? Years ago, while I was driving through the Angeles National Forest, I discovered that all of the rest areas and picnic areas were closed because of a Bubonic Plague outbreak. This year, there has already been one human case of Bubonic Plague in Southern CA, but--hopefully--the wildfires will limit the spread of that disease.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-what-n1237306

Old 09-10-2020, 04:05 PM

4,182 posts, read 5,066,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Everyone I know has left or wants to leave California. Same goes for NJ and NY, something about being blue.
If only this were true

People leaving NJ in droves would mean more houses on the market, which in turn would mean lower prices. None of which has happened, none of which is happening, and none of which is likely to happen.

Old 09-10-2020, 04:14 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,219,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
If only this were true

People leaving NJ in droves would mean more houses on the market, which in turn would mean lower prices. None of which has happened, none of which is happening, and none of which is likely to happen.
Winner, winner. And the only place more expensive than here, with tightest market in history, is every single blue large metro area in CA.

Old 09-10-2020, 04:15 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
If only this were true

Maybe Danny's friends just TOLD him they left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey