Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten the Vaccine Yet?
Yes 11 91.67%
No, but planning to get it 0 0%
No, not getting it 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 08:40 AM

98 posts, read 175,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i think it will be difficult to enforce mask mandates if there is no legal requirement. most people will comply but you will get the random person that will make a big scene over it and businesses dont want their front line staff to have to deal with that bs. i dont want to wear my mask anywhere (but i will comply if everyone is required by the business to wear masks).

i have a huge labor shortage at my business. we could be doing a lot more business if we had more employees. im amazed that i have kept as many as i have given the free money being given out. but i dont see new york stopping it before its officially done, which i think is early september.
With the current administration that runs the government, wouldn't count on the free money going away in September, likely to keep going on.

And then theres the super progressives I wont name who are still pushing for a full $2k per month and per person payment until the "pandemic" is over which can be paid for by simply minting 2 "trillion dollar" coins. This guarantees rather than helping economic recovery, will do the opposite of course.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:43 AM

9,009 posts, read 4,701,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
That is a rabbit hole I can't even think about anymore. I heard a well respected health professional say the other day that even though she's fully vaccinated, she still puts her mask on around VACCINATED immuno- compromised people.
If they are immuno compromised people, she should have been wearing a mask around them, even before anyone ever heard of Covid-19, and the same should apply tomorrow, as applied 18 months ago.

Much of the US has become victims of mask OCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I won't be removing my mask. I also doubt food stores will allow people in without one.

Wonder when he's going to end the extra $300 unemployment, because a lot of states have. Lot of minimum wage people not wanting to vaccinate, not wanting to go back to a minimum wage job. They want the wage to go up.
The in areas where science and reason are followed, and liberty is valued, mask mandates have been dropped for a while, now, and the $300 a week "pay me not to work" stipend has or is going away, quickly.

In areas where government is worshiped, control of the public is valued, and people don't think for themselves, mask mandates are still a valued part of society (and possibly kept for months or years from now) and the "pay me not to work" will go on as long as possible.

All you have to do is look at what is going on around you, to you know "which America" you live in.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:44 AM

23,890 posts, read 33,625,694 times
Quote:
i think it will be difficult to enforce mask mandates if there is no legal requirement. most people will comply but you will get the random person that will make a big scene over it and businesses dont want their front line staff to have to deal with that bs. i dont want to wear my mask anywhere (but i will comply if everyone is required by the business to wear masks).

i have a huge labor shortage at my business. we could be doing a lot more business if we had more employees. im amazed that i have kept as many as i have given the free money being given out. but i dont see new york stopping it before its officially done, which i think is early september.

Walmart and Wawa both had mandatory masking in early March before our mask law started. I expect they're going to leave it in place for the employees to not have to enforce who masks. If they require masks there's nothing for the store to do. The security guards will come back to tell them to leave if they don't have a mask like the early days.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:48 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
Walmart and Wawa both had mandatory masking in early March before our mask law started. I expect they're going to leave it in place for the employees to not have to enforce who masks. If they require masks there's nothing for the store to do. The security guards will come back to tell them to leave if they don't have a mask like the early days.
true and most people will comply with that requirement. but most businesses dont have their own security, its an employee or manager that has to deal with it. when it comes to someone who knows there is a mask requirement but chooses not to wear a mask, there is a decent chance they are someone who wants to fight over it.

i dont really see the point of a mandate. the vaccine is readily available and people can always choose to wear a mask if they want to. no need to force it on people who dont want to wear it.

Old 05-25-2021, 09:20 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,618,999 times
Quote:

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsro...d-vaccinations

Old 05-25-2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:

The federal government is stopping the extra $300 on September 6th.

In the unemployment section, some were trying to get it straight from the federal government when their state ended it but the government put a statement out saying there's no way for them to pay people that $300 bonus if their state opted out. I'll be shocked if NY doesn't end it soon too because I'm sure you're not the only company with a labor shortage because people make more money on unemployment with that extra $300 added. They're milking it as long as they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taalman1 View Post
With the current administration that runs the government, wouldn't count on the free money going away in September, likely to keep going on.

And then theres the super progressives I wont name who are still pushing for a full $2k per month and per person payment until the "pandemic" is over which can be paid for by simply minting 2 "trillion dollar" coins. This guarantees rather than helping economic recovery, will do the opposite of course.

Why do you feel he's going to keep that $300 payment that long? There are minimum wage jobs that people are not applying to because they don't want to lose those benefits. He'll be forced to end that $300, watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
If they are immuno compromised people, she should have been wearing a mask around them, even before anyone ever heard of Covid-19, and the same should apply tomorrow, as applied 18 months ago.

Much of the US has become victims of mask OCD.

The in areas where science and reason are followed, and liberty is valued, mask mandates have been dropped for a while, now, and the $300 a week "pay me not to work" stipend has or is going away, quickly.

In areas where government is worshiped, control of the public is valued, and people don't think for themselves, mask mandates are still a valued part of society (and possibly kept for months or years from now) and the "pay me not to work" will go on as long as possible.

All you have to do is look at what is going on around you, to you know "which America" you live in.

I say the same about the extra $300 going away real soon. NJ people posting in the unemployment section keep saying the governor won't be doing that any time soon. I told them watch, he will because there's lots of minimum wage jobs open that no one is applying for because they can make more on unemployment. That's coming out of their mouths there. They also want the minimum wage raised to be what they're worth, which is more then the current minimum wage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post

Thanks for the link. Obviously I hadn't actually looked to see if they put out a statement. Glad you did.

I'm shocked to see they're removing the mask mandate for stores. I won't be removing mine, I know a lot of fully vaccinated people who also plan to still keep theirs on while out shopping because it has stopped people from being sick these last 14 months

I'll let my hub know about the extra $75, he just finished his 2nd shot, works at Sam's on the weekends

New Guidance to Walmart U.S. Field Associates Regarding Masks and Vaccinations

Quote:
We’re encouraging all associates to get vaccinated and help end this pandemic. Do it for your health, your family, your friends, your community and your country – let’s help reach our national vaccination goals by the Fourth of July.

Today, we’re excited to share two more reasons why: no masks and a cash bonus.

First, we’re providing $75 to U.S. field associates as a thank you for getting vaccinated.

This applies to all current U.S. field-based Walmart, Sam’s Club and Supply Chain associates (hourly and salaried) below the level of facility manager.

It applies to everyone who has already been fully vaccinated and those who get vaccinated in the future.

You will need to provide proof that you’ve been vaccinated (the process begins Tuesday, May 18, and at scheduled times thereafter; more on that below), and the $75 will be added to your paycheck after it is processed.

Second, based on the latest CDC guidance, fully vaccinated associates will not need to wear a mask at work starting Tuesday, May 18.

According to the CDC, it is safe for fully vaccinated people to stop wearing masks in most indoor and outdoor settings.

“Fully vaccinated” means it has been two weeks since a person received the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna or the single dose of Johnson & Johnson.

This applies to all facilities, including our stores, clubs, distribution centers, fulfillment centers and offices. We’ll share more information next week with campus office associates.

Unvaccinated associates must still wear face coverings, per CDC guidance. We are also reviewing whether masks may still be required for certain job codes for health and sanitation purposes and will share additional guidance soon. Some associates may choose to continue to wear masks, and as part of our value of respect for the individual we should all support their right to do so.

Beginning today, vaccinated customers and members are welcome to shop without a mask, and we will continue to request that non-vaccinated customers and members wear face coverings in our stores and clubs. We will update the signage in our facilities to reflect this.

Masks will also continue to be required by some city and state ordinances, and we will follow those requirements. There may also be local conditions, regulatory changes or laws that affect our guidance. We will be communicating with your local store, club or facility management team as regulations change so they can keep you informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
June 4th. Here we go. Fingers crossed.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/lawrenc...campaign=alert

NJ To Lift COVID-19 Indoor Mask Order, With Some Exceptions - By Nicole Rosenthal, Patch Staff - Posted Mon, May 24, 2021 at 1:10 pm ET|Updated Tue, May 25, 2021 at 7:05 am ET
Gov. Murphy announced that people won't have to wear masks indoors or outdoors or social distance anymore, with some exceptions.

Quote:
New Jersey residents and visitors can stop wearing masks in certain indoor areas starting later this week, Gov. Phil Murphy announced at a Monday news conference. He also is lifting the 6-foot social distancing requirement.

Starting Friday, people will be permitted to enter restaurants, stores and other indoor spaces in New Jersey without face coverings. Friday will also see the lift of the 6-foot social distancing requirement in all indoor and outdoor settings. Businesses can continue to require social distancing should they choose.

And although the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention only recommends that vaccinated people may toss their face masks and stop adhering to social distancing guidelines, Murphy said the state is asking people for "personal responsibility."

The executive order also won't extend to child care centers, youth summer camps, preschools, elementary schools and secondary schools (including charter and renaissance schools).

"This is for a simple reason: Children under the age of 12 are not yet eligible to be vaccinated, and while we're making very good progress with the 12-to-15-year cohort, they've only been eligible … for less than two weeks. For these younger populations, we're just not there yet," the governor said.

The governor also noted that those who may feel more comfortable wearing face masks either indoors or outdoors may continue to do so. However, while businesses can choose to continue to implement social distancing and face mask policies, they cannot implement policies barring individuals from wearing masks if they choose to.

Last edited by Roselvr; 05-25-2021 at 11:52 PM..

Old 05-26-2021, 12:14 PM

50,941 posts, read 36,629,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think they have to start all over. Look at what Canada is doing--giving as many people as possible one shot and worrying about the second one down the road when they get enough vaccines.

My Canadian got his first shot in April. His second one is scheduled for August. I guess it's thought that works. Is the three-four weeks between shots a minimum?
It’s the ideal range. I read before you can stretch it out further if you have to but not more than a couple of months.

Old 05-26-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It’s the ideal range. I read before you can stretch it out further if you have to but not more than a couple of months.
They are guessing that it is the ideal range. No one has done a test to see what the effectiveness is, if you get the first shot, then wait a year to get the second shot.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
They are guessing that it is the ideal range. No one has done a test to see what the effectiveness is, if you get the first shot, then wait a year to get the second shot.

That's my understanding too, that they don't really know. They seem to change their narrative due to how much vaccine is available. When it was in short supply, they said it could be stretched more. I don't think they really know.

I do hope they've been doing testing to see exactly how long you can go between shots. I'll be shocked if they don't have the technology to do that.

Old 05-27-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
That's my understanding too, that they don't really know. They seem to change their narrative due to how much vaccine is available. When it was in short supply, they said it could be stretched more. I don't think they really know.
The flip side of that is something I first observed in the 2009 pandemic. One week, people were getting into fist fights over who could get the vaccine, and there was even a shipment that was stolen. It was only three weeks later people had lost interest and they couldn't give the stuff way.

A similar thing is happening today. In Dec-Feb, while the infection rate was high, no one had to tell anyone with any intelligence, it was important to be careful and the vaccine would be important. Then the number of cases began to drop, and people began to get complacent. Rhetoric began to ramp up, especially coming from those who want to keep us scared, but most intelligent people know that the danger is way less than it was two months ago, and they aren't buying it.

So the next step is to dangle a bunch of carrots and also to apply the stick, to push people to get the vaccine. The mere fact they are trying so hard tells me, they know the danger level is going away, and they don't want to lose the control they have had over people's lives.

Quote:
I do hope they've been doing testing to see exactly how long you can go between shots. I'll be shocked if they don't have the technology to do that.
It isn't simple. There are three kinds of immunity: natural immunity, T-Killer-Cells, and antibodies.

Natural immunity is something I have been observing and discussing, since last spring, but those "in charge" seem to forbid talking about it. Recently, they have been discussing that half of us have natural immunity, but my most recent estimate is that it is just over 75%.

T-Killer-Cells is something of a nick name but if you look up those words, you will find a lot of discussion about them.

Antibodies are things that attach to the virus to disable it. This is the only part of the system we can measure, so that is what makes all the news. We know the others are there, but since we can't measure them, no one wants to talk about them.

(BTW, as a country, the US is about 74% of the way to herd immunity.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey