Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 11:01 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,843,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
4… ? Oh **** i got to do that all over again in 2025??

Oh hell nah. Im moving to a state that funds their DMVs and they actually do their jobs. (So far from best to worst experience has been: FL post 2015>NC=MA>>>FL pre 2015>>>>>>>>>>>>NJ)

I think what made it worse was when the lady checking me in told me “YOUNG MAN get get back here! You are scamming the DMV. You have no appointment!! This is we have cops here“ *when I literally was checked in, in front of her by the other lady*

I think I either had the worst experience at the DMV this week or this is just normal here in NJ. Youd be fired on the spot in MA if you ever said that.
You have your answer, lol.

I will now briefly share some of my experience, so that *ahem* "people" don't think I'm "not interested" or whatnot.

So, I can't make an appointment for whatever reason. This likely has something to do with my most recent Identity Stolen, October/November 2020 Dayton Ohio. They got passport, social, car, more. Okay cool. Alright, so. At a "Regional center near me," I get there two hours before they open. Sitting in line 5:30 in the morning is ideal. Sitting on the sidewalk anytime before 6:30 should work but there will be people there and I want to be the first or one of the First 5; they split the lines in a way where even if you WERE the first one, they change the lines so you may not be. I get there before the (armed) Security Guard..

So, after they get done standing there, mask down, on phone, they put their mask up and ask, "You have an appointment?" In my case, I cannot get one.. So, I tell them, "I just need to see Suspensions and Restorations." And I'm in the door when they open. The MVC director will be along at 7:30 or so to ask again.

If you don't have an appointment, you are getting turned away.

Not sure what they do with the people that had appointments, couldn't get them filled for whatever reason and were told to come back..

NJ MVC sure doesn't seem to want to work past 10:30, but, yeah, how it got so bad is beyond me.

Anywhere but here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 10:51 AM

50,799 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I thought renewals were for 4 years, not 10
I don't think so. I know I have never had to go every four years.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:16 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
It says it right on your license. No guessing necessary. Mine is for 4 years.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:29 PM

668 posts, read 471,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't think so. I know I have never had to go every four years.

the renewal is every 4 years, but you don't have to get a new photo every 4 years. every other renewal i believe is a new photo.

they talked about a 10 year renewal but never went anywhere.

Old 09-03-2021, 04:09 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,021,713 times
4 years is insane. Wtf nj

Old 09-03-2021, 04:54 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
4 years is insane. Wtf nj
Just another tax.

CA is 5 years, ID is 3. I used to have a UT license that was 8 or 10 years. AZ expires when one turns 65 w/ new pictures every 12 years.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Just another tax.

CA is 5 years, ID is 3. I used to have a UT license that was 8 or 10 years. AZ expires when one turns 65 w/ new pictures every 12 years.
Yeah my FL one (which MA never tooj) expires in 2028

Old 09-04-2021, 05:14 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,843,310 times
Quote:
Yeah my FL one (which MA never tooj) expires in 2028
Ohio never took my NJ one, these things can happen.

Ohio is also one plate now, so that makes PA, OH, and Indiana with one Plate! Good (I think PA is the most Northeastern state you can live in with just one plate)

Old 09-05-2021, 12:16 PM

Anybody familiar with titles can help inquiry here.

I have out of state plates
I have my title but my dad is on it and lives in NC
Going to get title day after tomorrow and have my title, proof of insurance and id. Of course.

But my dad will be there. Can he just sign his name off his title. If so, besides his license.. what else does he need?

I tried looking EVERYWHERE for this info but its oddly specific.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:05 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Anybody familiar with titles can help inquiry here.

I have out of state plates
I have my title but my dad is on it and lives in NC
Going to get title day after tomorrow and have my title, proof of insurance and id. Of course.

But my dad will be there. Can he just sign his name off his title. If so, besides his license.. what else does he need?

I tried looking EVERYWHERE for this info but its oddly specific.

Didn't I post that information months ago? I could have sworn that someone else from another state had just done it and I posted it. I'll see if I can find if I did post it. Just got in from my grandson starting school. *I just looked, not in this thread. It must have been in another thread.

Back in the 80's we used to have a bumper sticker that said "welcome to NJ now get the eff out of here" lol

Sorry DMV was a b*tch to you. Sounds like you had more than enough documents to make 6 points. News flash to that lady that most people get paperless statements and billing, they're only going to get a print out from online. I guess she just wanted to make you leave because she didn't want to work. I would have asked for the 6 points sheet that says exactly what each piece is worth just to prove my point by putting a check mark next to each thing. I would have put up a huge stink.

Last edited by Roselvr; 09-07-2021 at 07:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey