Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 11:52 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponna View Post
I'm looking to buy a house and my real estate agent wouldn't even take me there. I work right near there. I see all the people who live there 5 days a week. I would say no. A lot of hooligans. I would say no to North Brunswick, period. I know, I live and work here.

Where the heck in North Brunswick is that?

I think you have "North Brunswick" confused with "New Brunswick", as I have yet to see one place in North Brunswick that has "hooligans" running around, or that a real estate broker would be affraid to go to, and I lived there up until last year.

New Brunswick is to North Brunswick what Newark, NJ is to Newark, Delaware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Where the heck in North Brunswick is that?

I think you have "North Brunswick" confused with "New Brunswick", as I have yet to see one place in North Brunswick that has "hooligans" running around, or that a real estate broker would be affraid to go to, and I lived there up until last year.

New Brunswick is to North Brunswick what Newark, NJ is to Newark, Delaware.
I think Ponna is confused. As a matter of fact, I went to Rutgers, New Brunswick for 4 years and as bad as that neighborhood is, it still isn't near half as bad a Newark, NJ. I wouldn't recommend living deep into certain parts of it but thousands of college students live there and quite a bit live off campus.

North Brunswick is totally fine.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:07 PM

26 posts, read 128,114 times
Default New Brunswick is getting much safer than before

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
North Brunswick, in general, is very safe. All of the Brunswicks are good except, of course, for New Brunswick.
Not sure when was last time you visit New Brunswick, but I was there often, and my son going there every day as Rutgers Univ student. My general feeling is that New Brunswick is getting much safer than before.

There are lots of safety measures and improvements, according to Rutgers Univ, in orientation.

Last Wednesday we were there till 10pm and felt comfortable. Of course, we are all in the area of Rutgers Univ at New Brunswick.

Rutgers Univ built some new tower building for student dorm on George St and around New Brunswick Train Station, so most poeple on streets are Rutgers Univ students; there are over 38,000 students in this campus.

There is also a brand new 4* hotel called Heldrich at the circle next to George St that Rutgers Parent got discount, and we love it so much, and the other newly renovated 3* Hyatt hotel at Albany St also near New Brunswick Train Station, we also use it, in addition to dozen of restaurants in New Brunswick. So far, I feel it is safe.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:08 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RutgersParent View Post
Not sure when was last time you visit New Brunswick, but I was there often, and my son going there every day as Rutgers Univ student. My general feeling is that New Brunswick is getting much safer than before.

There are lots of safety measures and improvements, according to Rutgers Univ, in orientation.

Last Wednesday we were there till 10pm and felt comfortable. Of course, we are all in the area of Rutgers Univ at New Brunswick.

Rutgers Univ built some new tower building for student dorm on George St and around New Brunswick Train Station, so most poeple on streets are Rutgers Univ students; there are over 38,000 students in this campus.

There is also a brand new 4* hotel called Heldrich at the circle next to George St that Rutgers Parent got discount, and we love it so much, and the other newly renovated 3* Hyatt hotel at Albany St also near New Brunswick Train Station, we also use it, in addition to dozen of restaurants in New Brunswick. So far, I feel it is safe.

Yahh, New Brunswick looks safe..."Looks" being the operative word. It might have a nice downtown, but literally eight blocks up the road and FORGET IT! And trust me, the riff-raff can walk eight blocks.

I do find it amazing how the place is going from poor to wealthy that fast...the poor and middle-class get kicked out and the wealthy move right in....and Rutgers parenst get a discount at that new big hotel? That's crazy...considering what it cost to send a kid to Rutgers, I suppose the parents need it.

I can't help but laugh at the fact that the University of Washington in Seattle is located in the middle of a major city, is ranked twenty places higher than Rutgers, and still manages to cost over five thousand dollars a semester less than Rutgers! Only in Jersey...

Old 04-10-2012, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,369 times
Default Rentals at the Oaks at North Brunswick

DO you know if there is a rental office for "The Oaks", I am not sure this is a rental community or purely owned by individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I know the place you're talking about and yes, it's pretty safe...like the entire rest of Jersey, it is just a stones throw (maybe three miles) from a ghetto (New Brunswick) but it in and of it's self is a safe place, and it is VERY good for transportation with route one and south right there, and there's a grocery store, liquor store, dunkin donuts and a diner within a ten minute walk away. Not bad...except it's still in Jersey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey