Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:01 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times

Advertisements

I think it should be legal to begin with.

The tax revenue would be great.

Disclaimer: Neither a hippie nor a pot smoker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 10:50 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
I think if people need it for medical reasons then they should be able to get it without it being a hassle.

I Don't know about making it completely legal and what the ramifications, if any would be. One pro certainly would be the tax revenue. I'd love to see drug dealers finally forced to file taxes.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,722 times
The idea that a plant can be illegal is completely absurd to me.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:22 AM

1,106 posts, read 4,898,927 times
I am extremely law abiding. 5 years ago when faced with the horrendous side effects of Chemo, I jokingly mentioned using it to my Oncologist who looked at me with all seriousness and said "do what you have to do to get through this." Someone actually did offer me some but I was too chicken to do it. I've never smoked and I felt like a cop was going to jump out and know. I really wish it was something my doctor could have offered to me legally and with instructions.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:09 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrjersey View Post
I am extremely law abiding. 5 years ago when faced with the horrendous side effects of Chemo, I jokingly mentioned using it to my Oncologist who looked at me with all seriousness and said "do what you have to do to get through this." Someone actually did offer me some but I was too chicken to do it. I've never smoked and I felt like a cop was going to jump out and know. I really wish it was something my doctor could have offered to me legally and with instructions.
That's basically what my friends doctor had told him

Old 06-26-2008, 02:25 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,980,420 times
Look, if marijuana is going to be legal here's how it has to work. Take the plant, grow it in a controlled environment, extract whatever chemical makes it work, put it in pill form, and sell it! None of this cancer patients hitting the water bong business.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:29 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Look, if marijuana is going to be legal here's how it has to work. Take the plant, grow it in a controlled environment, extract whatever chemical makes it work, put it in pill form, and sell it! None of this cancer patients hitting the water bong business.
They haven't been able to do it, atleast not well or correctly. Until they do it effectively, why not let them smoke it?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:38 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,980,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
They haven't been able to do it, atleast not well or correctly. Until they do it effectively, why not let them smoke it?
Can't or won't? I hold most pharmaceutical companies in the same regard as oil companies. My guess is that they're afraid of being under the thumb of the DEA with regard to producing the feedstock for the drug which could interfere with profit margins.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:45 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Quote:
Can't or won't? I hold most pharmaceutical companies in the same regard as oil companies. My guess is that they're afraid of being under the thumb of the DEA with regard to producing the feedstock for the drug which could interfere with profit margins.
They have been trying since the 80's, without success. The pill is actually dangerous, while the plant is not. I'm not about to care if a cancer patient needs a puff to be able to eat a sandwich without throwing up. If it was someone in my family, hell, I'd find it, buy it, learn how to roll it, whatever it took.

When it comes to someones life, I'm not exactly concerned about what some ink on paper says.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:58 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,409,746 times
Quote:
Right. So enough of this bull crap of keeping this plant illegal and legalize it. Don't legalize it just for medicinal purposes but legalize it period. Sell it behind a counter. Make it to where you have to be 18 or 21 to purchase. It's insane that marijuana is still lumped in with harder and more dangerous drugs. You can sell something totally addictive like tobacco which has absolutely zero positive benefit, but you can't sell something non-addictive in marijuana which does have some benefit. Amazing.

If there were a guarantee that New Jersey would take the revenue from weed sales and legitimately use it to knock down state debt, there'd be very few people here who would reject it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: