Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 10:50 AM

14 posts, read 87,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
And I would say its got nothing to do with your skin color, and more to do with the behavior of the not-so-silent majority of cops. Many, many, many of them suck.

Which sucks in itself, as it gives a bad name to the few who don't.

You may be right, so u mean to say that majority of the cops are bad. I am glad if its got nothing to do with the skin colour, but I am surprised to know that majority of the cops are like that, because I have heard a lot of good things in our country about US police force like how prompt and honest they are. But after going through few incidents like this, I feel cops are same everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,399 times
I started running at Pershing Field when I moved to the heights three years ago, and I have never had any problems. I've run as late as 10pm and usually with an ipod.

The park has always treated me pretty well.

Just thought I'd share my experience there.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:21 AM

14 posts, read 87,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNBJC55 View Post
I started running at Pershing Field when I moved to the heights three years ago, and I have never had any problems. I've run as late as 10pm and usually with an ipod.

The park has always treated me pretty well.

Just thought I'd share my experience there.
It depends mate, until unless something happens to us we feel its a safe area. Before that incident I even walked few times alone on the road near pershing field at 12:00 pm. I have a friend who is living in Newark and tells that its a very safe city, he tells he walked at 10:00 pm manytimes and nothing happens to him, but we know how safe a place Newark is. I think it also depends on who you are, I am a south asian and I've often heard that South asians and especially Indians are an easy target.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,139 times
that is the biggest lie because i been living in jersey city since i was born and no one will bother u if you dont bother them and dirty looks just get ppl ticked off i chill around the pool all the time and no one says anything unless youh say something smart or have a staring problem so if youh gonna lie like that and call ppl youh aint even noe asswholes den your going 2 have problems cuz aint no one bother ppl at night and the pool aint even open at night yeah once in a while it is so u need 2 get your facts straight iight ducess buh bye

Old 08-09-2009, 08:53 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,316,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabyd. View Post
that is the biggest lie because i been living in jersey city since i was born and no one will bother u if you dont bother them and dirty looks just get ppl ticked off i chill around the pool all the time and no one says anything unless youh say something smart or have a staring problem so if youh gonna lie like that and call ppl youh aint even noe asswholes den your going 2 have problems cuz aint no one bother ppl at night and the pool aint even open at night yeah once in a while it is so u need 2 get your facts straight iight ducess buh bye
LOL. Assuming the Babelfish "jibberish-to-English" translator is correct, this sounds like a "the victim was asking for it" argument. What class.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,768 times
I’ve lived in JCH for the past 3 years and have never had any problems at Pershing. During the day, it’s full of children and families. My fiancé and son went to the pool all last summer, we all go skating at the ice rink in winter, and never had any problems with teens or anyone else while there. We live closer to and prefer newly rehabbed Washington Park, but unfortunately it has neither pool nor rink. South of JFK Blvd (Summit/Central Ave side) in the Heights admittedly is rather sketchy, but I live north of JFK on Columbia Ave. and it’s very quiet and safe. Although there’s a rotten apple in every barrel, every time I’ve seen JC police respond to a call, they are effective and professional. I live on a block that is very racially diverse; I’m African-American and Caucasian, my closest neighbors are Irish, Indian, Dominican, Puerto Rican, and Nigerian, and I’ve never seen any racism displayed by the cops. I sympathize with all of you who’ve had negative experiences at Pershing or in the Heights in general, but I love my new neighborhood, feel pretty safe in it, and have recommended the area to several friends tired of NYC rents.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,638 times
Post Only one positive review?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1desire View Post
I live on a block that is very racially diverse; I’m African-American and Caucasian, my closest neighbors are Irish, Indian, Dominican, Puerto Rican, and Nigerian, and I’ve never seen any racism displayed by the cops. I sympathize with all of you who’ve had negative experiences at Pershing or in the Heights in general, but I love my new neighborhood, feel pretty safe in it, and have recommended the area to several friends tired of NYC rents.
Thank you for sharing your positive experience while not being dimissive of the bad experiences that others have shared here.

I'm considering joining the Field's swimming pool but will first go visit to see for myself.

You can be sure I'll let you know

Old 06-10-2011, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,471 times
Default Totally disagree

This is a wonderful pool. Great staff, friendly and helpful. The area is not terrific, but it isn't that bad either. Most of the kids hanging around are young, elementary school age, sometimes disrespectful, but not dangerous.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,111 times
I Am A life Time Jersey City Heights Resident
We donot Call The Police We Handle Street Kids With
What They Understand !!! If You Show Fear You Are A target!!!

Walk All over not One Punk Ever looked My Way !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey