Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:49 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times

Advertisements

[quote=contachster;9411456]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post

I dont beleive that at all. My brother is a cop and he told me it is unheard of for one cop to ticket another.
Yeah, well there's no point on arguing. Whether you believe me or not, I know it's happened, and it's also increased his insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 07:52 PM
EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I love this thread. It's better than reading the comics. Damn whitey killer cops.I say no cops at all and let's fend for ourselves. Mad Max anyone.
Should start publishing this stuff in a column...might make some cash.
Then you could be a REALLY corrupt "pig", as opposed to just a "pig".

Old 06-22-2009, 07:52 PM

380 posts, read 709,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Those who track down and catch bad people are Detectives. They are not pigs. Pigs are those who think they are Cats who hide like little sissys till the mouse makes his little radar gun go beep beep. Then the Cat stops the mouse with his big paw and rapes him.....oops I mean extorts from him....ok ok steals from him his hard earned money. Money that should have gone to feeding his children. All this disruption of a life to make a quota. Disgusting !!

If you read up on traffic engineering you will find that the artificially low speed limits are set to the 85 percentile. That means that whatever 85% drive at in the traffic count, they set the limit 5 to 10 under that depending on curb cuts and width of the existing road. This means that the vast majority of drivers rather then doing a comfortable speed are now hardend criminals.

Dont complain about the dangers of being a cop. The Occupational Saftey and Health Adm lists cops as being pretty far down the danger list, #17. In fact most of the jobs we all do here are listed as more dangerous then a cops job. The only ones in real danger are spouses of cops. They get the pulp beat out of them and can not even say a word for fear of their life. Yes cops have the highest rate of spousal abuse in the according to the Domestic Violence Council.

Oh but NJ07 I do agree with you all the way with inserting rich people for cops. No argument from me with that
You are correct. Police officer is not even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs. Police officers have an abnormally high rate of alcoholism and drug addiction in their ranks also. They have closed & secluded Alcoholics Anonymous meetings only for cops. I guess a cop wouldn't want to be known as being in recovery. I know many married cops and MOST have children with their misstresses. I knom this is not illegal but it just goes to show that they are not holier than thou.
The police officers that ran into the Twin Towers are heroes and should be treated as such. They where doing their job thats what they were paid to do. They were ordered in. Did they have a choice? That certainly does not diminish or take away from what they sacrificed, especially those who lost their lives.
The real unsung heroes of 9/11 were the civilians who choose to stay behind and help.
I worked at ground zero on the clean-up and there were all kinds of crazy stories going around about police & fire personnel. Does anyone remember the news stories a few months after the attacks about the infighting between the police & fire depts. about who would control the clean up? You know why they were fighting? Because there was millions of dollars of currency, gold, illicit drugs, precious jewels and anything else you could imagine in huge bomb proof safes under the world trade center at th US Customs office. You figure out why they were fighting for control. There were stickers stuck up all over the site by FDNY mocking the NYPD that said " NY's Finest: SOME GAVE ALL & SOME TOOK ALL" refrencing alleged thefts by the police at the site.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:13 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
"garbage", "pigs". nice way to describe human beings doing a job. but what else should i expect.

remind me to run far away from this mythical utopian of no cops, no teachers, no taxes. actually, i think this utopian does exist..it's called 3rd world countries. holy christ.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 PM
EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
"garbage", "pigs". nice way to describe human beings doing a job. but what else should i expect.

remind me to run far away from this mythical utopian of no cops, no teachers, no taxes. actually, i think this utopian does exist..it's called 3rd world countries. holy christ.
You're not kiddin'.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:26 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
You are correct. Police officer is not even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs. Police officers have an abnormally high rate of alcoholism and drug addiction in their ranks also. They have closed & secluded Alcoholics Anonymous meetings only for cops. I guess a cop wouldn't want to be known as being in recovery. I know many married cops and MOST have children with their misstresses. I knom this is not illegal but it just goes to show that they are not holier than thou.
The police officers that ran into the Twin Towers are heroes and should be treated as such. They where doing their job thats what they were paid to do. They were ordered in. Did they have a choice? That certainly does not diminish or take away from what they sacrificed, especially those who lost their lives.
The real unsung heroes of 9/11 were the civilians who choose to stay behind and help.
I worked at ground zero on the clean-up and there were all kinds of crazy stories going around about police & fire personnel. Does anyone remember the news stories a few months after the attacks about the infighting between the police & fire depts. about who would control the clean up? You know why they were fighting? Because there was millions of dollars of currency, gold, illicit drugs, precious jewels and anything else you could imagine in huge bomb proof safes under the world trade center at th US Customs office. You figure out why they were fighting for control. There were stickers stuck up all over the site by FDNY mocking the NYPD that said " NY's Finest: SOME GAVE ALL & SOME TOOK ALL" refrencing alleged thefts by the police at the site.
Good post!!

My favorite story is before Hurricane Katrina when the cops were ordered to stay behind. Instead most of one cop shop broke into the Cadillac Dealer, took all the keys and stole a dozen brand new Caddys. They hid them up in Metarie. They were caught but as usual nothing happened to them. They blamed it on black kids but there were enough witnesses who caught the the cops red handed.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:54 AM

636 posts, read 1,423,768 times
Quote:

Wrong. Third world countries are held back because of oppressive governments, police forces, and lack of freedoms (ie America's problems - just a hell of a lot worse).

Old 06-23-2009, 06:23 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:

I'm right there with you Tahiti...good grief I've never read such venom as in this thread

Old 06-23-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im not sure, i dont work in a store. i have guns in my home and i have special bullets to make sure they do as much damage as possible.

anyway, gun laws are evil. i guess you figure we need cops because they have stripped us of our ability to defend ourselves (and we should just accept that).
Illegal in NJ as well and I hope to God you are caught with them..hell if I actually knew who you are I'd be dropping a dime right now instead of replying

Old 06-23-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Kate, it's not just about obeying the law. Most of us do. But that dont make the law right. And worse yet when a law is passed then it should be a law for everyone. Every single one. Why is it that the peasants who have no say in our society have to obey or pay while others do not. I just did some quick research. There are no documented cases of a cop giving a cop a summons of any kind. Just flash that ol 10 cent badge and walk free. Doesn't this bother you? Even if it dont, it does bother most people.

Not just traffic extortion, cops are getting away with cold blooded murder, spousal abuse, robbery and so on. Just last month where I am the Sergant of this town was caught robbing banks. The head freaking honcho Sergant!!. He got caught because he was so stupid that he wore his copper issued motorcycle helmet to hide his face.

It's all way out of control. Some day you will be stopped even if you are doing nothing wrong. If you dont show clevage and feel the need to ask why you are being pulled over then your family might be making funeral arangements.

Raping and extorting exorbitant fines to deter dont work, it never has and never will. People will do a comfortable speed to them and dont give a damn about what anyone else around them is doing. Raping and extorting exorbitant fines to raise revenue for the policemans ball is so so so wrong.

Breaking the very little laws that they jamb down our throats is nothing different then Mommy telling son and daughter not to smoke while blowing smoke in their face.

You know I respect you so I tried to make my point without crossing you. But you have to realize many of us just do not fall for popular belief that cops are good. Because they are not.

You haven't crossed me...and yes I agree many of the laws are stupid. we are stupid for ever allowing the dopes in office to pass them & make them law. The cop is only doing what he was hired to do...enforce them

I know just as in any profession the law enforcement field has scum bags but I'd like to think for the most part they are just out there doing their jobs like you & me...

Peace Desert we can agree to disagree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey