Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:12 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORMGLO View Post
For what it's worth - your budget should be enough to find a nice house in Princeton Borough. However, it depends on what type house you are looking for. The borough is made up of older homes (nice but not new). Princeton Borough living is very desirable so homes do tend to hold their real estate value. There is even a trend now to purchase older homes at relatively lower cost and then either demolish and rebuild, or gut and renovate to increase value. As others have said, the school system is extremely desirable as well as being near the University with its associated main street appeal. And yes, be aware that Princeton Township is different from Princeton Borough.
I don't know, that budget is a little low for something nice in Princeton Boro or Township.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 06:26 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Well before you take that advice realize that there is Princeton boro, Princeton Twp. The boro is by far the most expensive. West Windsor is not in the same class as Princeton boro, though I don't think you'd have any trouble selling regardless. The point is WW is a good area but it is not a walkable town like Princeton and has relatively little character compared to Princeton. Not many people in the state have even heard of WW, but everyone knows Princeton. They are desirable areas but not interchangeable.
Princeton is just different. I might as well just say this, I'm not a huge fan of downtown Princeton, although I love the general area. Unless I was uber-rich, there is no way in heck I would be stretching myself to live there. First up, I don't feel the love for the downtown and there is no way I would be paying a premium to live there for it. It's cute, but there isn't that much to do there and when it's crawling with PU undergrads, it makes it even less fun.

There is also a big private school scene there due to the uber-money scene, which is a drag unless you're in the scene. There is also an cliquey, European scene. I don't know, I just don't feel like that town is real New Jersey or something. I had a relative who lived there, and he morphed into this enormous snob, like his head couldn't even fit through the door when he was done with that town.

Of course, this is all just my very humble opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: