Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 04:02 PM

32 posts, read 155,479 times

Advertisements

1. i am planning to give the road test in newark, nj. is that a closed course? is the road test easy?
2. also can i give the road test and written test at different locations?
3. i have an indian drivers license issued in 2003. has anyone used an indian license older than 2003? cuz i was asked to give the road test. they do not entertain licenses beyond 4 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 08:37 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,753,371 times
To take the road test at Newark they take you into the lot and they use cones to test you on parallel parking and backing up and i think one other thing I cant think of right now. If you dont pass that part your done and have to reschedule the test. If you pass, they then take you on the street to see how you go around corners and stay in the lane and the distance you keep from other cars how you obey traffic signals, etc. You only go about 10 blocks with the instructor. After that you pull back into another part of the lot and they tell you you passed or failed. If you passed you go back inside and get your picture taken and you receive your license ($45 i think).

Old 10-21-2009, 09:44 AM

821 posts, read 2,037,792 times
Rob has it all they also do the K-turn in the lot before you head out to the street... Only advise I can give is when your going into the street just as your leaving the lot there is a stop sign you must make a full stop then proceed or else they will fail you.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 47,142 times
does anyone know if nj dmv gives road tests on weekends?

Old 02-16-2010, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 47,082 times
I need to reschedule my road test how do i do that?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,753,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensline View Post
I need to reschedule my road test how do i do that?
Go to your local DMV Office.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 45,639 times
i suggest not to take your roads test in newark because one of the examiners is a complete *******. he was yelling and made comments on my car ( coz i was driving a mustang ) that it wasn't fit for me. he didn't even let me finish my test just because i bumped the curb when i did the three point turn and yelled at me to STOP!!!. i do hope that dmv will do something about this guy because he is not fit to be an examiner in the first place. he failed everybody

Old 03-20-2011, 05:46 AM

1 posts, read 44,402 times
i took my road test in newark. i did everything else well the k turn parallel parking, coming to a complete stop at the stop sign, signalling, changing lanes everything was good until i came to the last part of the test and some jerk jumped right infront of the my car and the tester had to use the emergency brake and failed me stsing that i ws too close to the pedestrian! how stupid.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:51 PM

67 posts, read 343,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuki_30 View Post
i suggest not to take your roads test in newark because one of the examiners is a complete *******. he was yelling and made comments on my car ( coz i was driving a mustang ) that it wasn't fit for me. he didn't even let me finish my test just because i bumped the curb when i did the three point turn and yelled at me to STOP!!!. i do hope that dmv will do something about this guy because he is not fit to be an examiner in the first place. he failed everybody
sounds like he was just telling the truth, who the heck needs a damn mustang for their first car? especially if they cant even properly drive yet.

PROTIP : learn how to drive before you take the test. If the instructor is yelling at you, its because you suck, and you should reschedule before it gets worse.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:51 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,912,706 times
If you're a skilled, safe driver the road test should not be a problem.

If not, please become one before you take to American roads in a 3000-4000 pound vehicle.

The last thing we need are "easy to pass" driver's tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey