Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:15 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,704,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
And why do you insist on calling towns like Princeton, Camden, Trenton, etc.- cities? Cities usually have over 100,000 people in them.

Using your "logic" there are only four cities in New Jersey.... Elizabeth,Jersey City,Newark, & Paterson,
.....don't need to look any further than right here on city date site..

//www.city-data.com/city/New-Jersey.html

BTW...Interesting that you're still posing as if you were a NJ resident when in fact you've been out of NJ for a long time. Moved out of NJ as a young girl with your father as I recall and moved to Va? or NC was it ??, then eventually ended up in Ca. (I haven't the time or interest to pull up old posts...but I think my memory serves pretty well).

Of course everyone is free to post in any forum, but opinions have a lot more credence to them when they're posted by someone who actually has adult experience with the situations being discussed; childhood remembrances aside.

Not a personal attack...just an observation re a long time west coast resident from a much longer New Jersey resident.

Last edited by JBrown; 11-10-2009 at 08:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 09:25 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,101 times
Stop feeding this troll thread........................

Old 11-10-2009, 10:26 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
Using your "logic" there are only four cities in New Jersey.... Elizabeth,Jersey City,Newark, & Paterson,
.....don't need to look any further than right here on city date site..

//www.city-data.com/city/New-Jersey.html

BTW...Interesting that you're still posing as if you were a NJ resident when in fact you've been out of NJ for a long time. Moved out of NJ as a young girl with your father as I recall and moved to Va? or NC was it ??, then eventually ended up in Ca. (I haven't the time or interest to pull up old posts...but I think my memory serves pretty well).

Of course everyone is free to post in any forum, but opinions have a lot more credence to them when they're posted by someone who actually has adult experience with the situations being discussed; childhood remembrances aside.

I was not raised by my father. He moved to the south when I was still a child. I was not raised in northern NJ and that would be the issue probably. I have lived in the northeastern part of the state ONLY as an adult. Yes I agree it is very different. But this is the NJ forum not the northern NJ forum.

If people are "posing" here they can still post but I agree that is wrong. This thread is not about my family history I don't think. What a stupid thing to bring up.

The thing is - soccer moms and yuppies are everywhere and the southern ones are in bed by 8:00pm. Most of those people have no knowledge of places like the OP probably grew up in. (assuming this is even for real)
At the end of the day- the feeling sorry for oneself just gets really old really fast. This OP has posted about "its" life before and how hard it's been. I may have been luckier to grow up in a safer non-violent type of area but I had things to deal with as well. Feeling sorry for one's self to this degree should not be an option.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 PM

It amazes me how everyone jumps on these threads and starts comparing everyplace in NJ to the south. There in NO place in the entire world like the southern U.S.- I personally think that's a good thing but others will feel differently. That's fine.
But you would compare a place like Patterson to say uh- Bridgeport or maybe Gary, IN.
Not a place like Greensboro NC.
Use common sense.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
It amazes me how everyone jumps on these threads and starts comparing everyplace in NJ to the south. There in NO place in the entire world like the southern U.S.- I personally think that's a good thing but others will feel differently. That's fine.
But you would compare a place like Patterson to say uh- Bridgeport or maybe Gary, IN.
Not a place like Greensboro NC.
Use common sense.
You seem to know ever so much about PatTerson, NJ.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:47 PM

Not a good speller but I don't check my sentences on this thing ever. Not usually worth the trouble.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Not a good speller but I don't check my sentences on this thing ever. Not usually worth the trouble.
Uh huh..........................

Old 11-11-2009, 09:33 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,813,368 times
... NJ does have a lot of whiners.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:35 AM

195 posts, read 491,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
... NJ does have a lot of whiners.
...There are many good reasons for that

Last edited by BobKovacs; 11-11-2009 at 10:22 AM..

Old 11-11-2009, 10:57 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,976,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Exactly, it's scary. To me, you get to understand a lot about psychology in this state. Just last week, I found out somebody who i THOUGHT was a cool person even though he was just an acquaintance turned out to be a nut when I actually got to spend sometime with him. He actually scared me. In his case, I was trying to be cool, try to get him to relax but he was clearly in the zone. Talking to me nonstop for about 20 minutes why I should get involved with whatever, making these serious crazy faces, his eyes about to pop out his head at some point, it just told me to stay the hell away from him. He's probably going to end up killing somebody some day.

And that's just one of many of the crazy stories I've got involving crazy people around this area of Jersey. It seems like a lot of crazy people or people who do crazy things are out here. Even in kindergarten, I was running into these nutjobs who unfortunately, picked me to be their target of their craziness. I had teachers and students assaulting me in front of everybody in the classroom and everybody going like "who cares", turning a blind eye at what just happened. Then I'd have deal with the craziness on my block too which was in another town from that crazy school I'm talking about with people pulling knives out on you just because so and so doesn't like you and they're going to "fix you". It's hard to convince somebody that the people in a particular place aren't screwed up. There's a lot of other stories I could talk about but I'll leave that for my memoir though. The only thing I can say that I learned from spending all these years in Jersey is that the only person who really has your back is yourself. It's a dog eat dog mentality out here. It's an extreme way of looking at life but I learned that from living in Jersey though.
I agree. There is just this violent attitube around here. It's like they think that the day is not complete unless they yell at someone at least once.

Just as people in the South look forward to their sunshine, and people in Vermont look forward to their fall foliage, people in New Jersey look forward to arguments and conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey