Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 04:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,314 times

Advertisements

Ive lived in jersey all my life, born n raised...I currently reside in Somerset county, and my husband is white and I, black. WE ARE TRYING TO LEAVE NEW JERSEY. I realize this post was years ago so I think I have a better idea of what it is not in 2013, you jersey is getting worse by the minute! The cost of living is EXTREMELY high, its like they're in a competitive race for status and theyre the ONLY ones racing! ...my county is one of the richest countries seats in america...not California. ...somerset county, new Jersey. ..and while you may think it's racially accepting, it depends on where you go. If you are a black man with a white woman, then you won't get that many stares, HOWEVER if its the other way around, like my family, be prepared to get "what are you doing with a sistah?!" Or they stare so hard that YOU might spontaneously combust! ...jersey can be just as ignorant.

And as for jc ..DONT BOTHER!

Places you will NEVER catch me ( and I mean if im driving and I see these signs I literally break out into a sweat and panic)

NEWARK!( 100 deaths in 10 days as of last month)

Camden(known as the most dangerous city in America)

Jersey city( just as ratchet as newark, but ill be nice and put it on a smaller scale of ratchet..its pretty run down and sketch lookin in ALOT of areas)

Morristown is greatly diverse but very very expensive!

English town also very expensive but nice

Montclair super expensive ESPECIALLY the university but its a great school

And Princeton is very expensive, but also very nice( snoody with all the ivy league goers)

Bridgewater, also expensive, its nice and the schools are really good but very skanky and you better have money to donate for the booster club if you wanna be noticed!

Bottom line, if you have money then by all means go for it, if not then I highly recommend not going for NJ (which btw is known as the rich mans playground)

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 12:11 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,100,110 times
Why do people keep asking about the race thing in New Jersey? Seriously? No one cares.
Are these people even actualy experiencing or have ever experienced even once some kind of significant racism? Who would be doing that this day and age? It's all just old people who do that. And it's everywhere in this country too, 20/20 or whatever tried to see people's reactions in TEXAS, with a fake lesbo souple with a daughter, and people DEFENDDED the lesbo couple when the actress-waitress-plant started bugging them abiut their lifestyle choices.

I think all these people are just full of themselves and egocentric. No one's being or ever has been racist to them.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:17 AM

the only racism you'll get is from black people and that's for being an inter-racial couple
and maybe from immigrants from the Near East/India/China

but really they can't do anything. It's a non-issue. Worst case scenario some black kids/guys try to bully you, but as long as you live in a good area, the cops are always at most 10 minutes away. Plus you could always raise a ton of publicity should anything happen and then the cops would guard yu like personal bodyguards to make sure the state doesn't look racist.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:21 AM

no no no, it's not Republicans are racist and Democrats aren't

It's Republicans can do math and democrats can't so all they can do is whine about race and cling to their dead late-60's hippy movement philosophy. The culutral revolution had its uses, but we're beyond that now.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
People can still be racist is diverse towns,and not be racist in not so diverse towns.

Plus,it all depends on what minority you are. Many whites don't feel confortable in Edison. But an Indian American would.

Meanwhile,blacks won't feel comfortable in Union City. Neither would whites.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:12 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,218,988 times
This is an ancient thread.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:32 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
no no no, it's not Republicans are racist and Democrats aren't

It's Republicans can do math and democrats can't so all they can do is whine about race and cling to their dead late-60's hippy movement philosophy. The culutral revolution had its uses, but we're beyond that now.
Haha,..good one. Teabaggers were carrying around signs with Obama as a witch doctor with a bone thru his nose. Many still believe he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I heard a lot of them whining "I want my country back!" Lots of racism going on.

It's YOU who can't do the math. Face it - the Republican base of old white ppl is dying off. This isn't Beaver Cleaver America any more & hasn't been for yrs. You either adapt or get left behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey