Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 PM

7 posts, read 21,161 times

Advertisements

How long does it take to get an EZ Pass; is it better to go in person or do it online? I would like to apply for a auto application but need it right now for the rental so what should I tell them?

Reason being I need it before the 28 of January two week from now.

I need to use it on a 16' with four wheels in the back. Does anyone know where I can find the rate charts for NJ regarding this vehicle?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 05:41 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
What roads will you be using it on? The rates are whatever the tolls on those roads are - you can find info on turnpike/parkway on their (the turnpike authority's) website. They list all the tolls from begining to end of both roads. I'm not sure how long it takes now, but many toll booths have signs that you can get them there, maybe they give them to you instantly, not sure. Did you call njezpass?

Old 01-15-2010, 02:16 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by and1bskbl72 View Post
How long does it take to get an EZ Pass; is it better to go in person or do it online? I would like to apply for a auto application but need it right now for the rental so what should I tell them?

Reason being I need it before the 28 of January two week from now.

I need to use it on a 16' with four wheels in the back. Does anyone know where I can find the rate charts for NJ regarding this vehicle?

Thanks
I don't use EZ pass but I do have a 20' trailer with four wheels and usually the tolls are double.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:01 PM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
I once drove a rental truck using my regular car EZPass and never heard anything about any different toll rates.
I know on my EZPass you can get up to 4 transponders and you go online and list whatever vehicles you want to have registered to your account anytime.

Also if one of your kids, friends or relatives etc gets an EZ Pass ticket you can just put your account number on the notice and just pay the toll and they will drop any fines. You may want to put their car on your account a few weeks or so til it clears.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:04 PM

Also there are several different agencies that issue EZ Pass accounts. Some of them have places you can pick up the transponders right away. Some have monthly fees, some might not.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:27 AM

861 posts, read 2,717,875 times
Is it true that EZ Pass now charges $1 a month, just for the service...?

Old 01-16-2010, 12:12 PM

Many of them do, but some agencies might not. For instance I get mine from Delaware because they used to be free, then they started charging $1.50 a month. Even now I'm out West and not using it they charge me $1.50 / month.
If you use EZPass for things like going to NYC you quickly recoup that if you go off peak for instance the toll is $2 cheaper.
Also if you commute a certain way some EZ Pass agaencies have certain discounts which cut down on tolls.

I would search on EZPass monthly fees to see if you can find which ones might not charge a monthly fee. Maybe DRJTBC? (Del Rvr Joint Toll Br Comm), maybe they might've joined the $1 a month club too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey