Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,728 times

Advertisements

I was born in hobbs, all my family is in hobbs, i now live in phx with my husband and kids, i go to hobbs 3 times a year, i miss the quitness, and the economy is way better that phx, i miss the waether except the windy cold air, but it is growing, we even bough homes at a good price and rent them. But i love hobbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 10,881 times
I have an opportunity to work for a company in Hobbs. I would be relocating from Central California. Can anyone give me information on the town? I am engaged, I have a 15 year old. I have three dogs and two cats. I would like to rent a house that would allow my pets until I know the job will be right for me. Besides, the way the real estate market is I would like to hold out for a while. How is it there? Seems to be cooler in the summer time then where I live and about the same as far as winter is concerend. Just looking for any feedback I may be able to get, positive or negative. I have gone to the city website and the Chamber of Commerce. I would like to get some feedback from the citizens of the town. Thanks!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 10,392 times
There are absolutely no homes for rent in hobbs nm!!!!! And if you can find one it will probably be a shack that they want to charge you $1400 for. Never in my life have i seen something as ridiculous as this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:43 AM

452 posts, read 1,723,001 times
There were some new apartments going up a couple of years ago when I was there. Find a real estate agency on-line and go from there....surely something will turn up.

GOOD LUCK!!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 8,267 times
I came for a visit about two weeks ago and was really surprised at how there is hardly anything to rent. My fiance is getting transferred there and we are really needing to get in touch with someone who deals with rental houses. Can anyone give me any advice?

Old 05-12-2009, 08:59 AM

452 posts, read 1,723,001 times
I know someone in the real estate bidness there but I cannot post it here...can you pm me???

Old 05-12-2009, 10:05 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Have you all checked with the Chamber of Commerce to see if they have any info on the rental market.

Hobbs Chamber of Commerce

Old 06-02-2009, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,278 times
I lived in Hobbs for 15 years and still have property there. Hobbs is a small town and the only reason it is growing now is due to the nuclear plant being built in Eunice (20 miles down the road). Yes they built a prison and a stadium there which still did not helf the town because of the housing situation. The homes there now are family owned that are boarded up due to relative or renter abuse. Some people are now deciding not to keep holding on to the property but are skeptical of renters however we do have a 3 bedroom 1 bath that needs repairs that we do want to keep and would be willing to allow rent free or a small fee if the renters does the repairs. After that renting, buying, leasing, sellling are all optional. Before you take any of these other comments to heart go to Google Earth and look at the street view of the the city that will give you a good view. Also go to the City Attorney's Condemned property list (city is doing now to acquire land to build for newcomers) and the city liens (done for mowing your yard) for addresses for places that might be available. Both list the names of the owners and/or contact person. Housing is going to be a problem in Hobbs, Eunice, Monument, Lovington and all the surrounding areas until something new is built so if you have to move soon look for the vacant property and most owners would rather have someone in them than not.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 6,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheba0954 View Post
I lived in Hobbs for 15 years and still have property there. Hobbs is a small town and the only reason it is growing now is due to the nuclear plant being built in Eunice (20 miles down the road). Yes they built a prison and a stadium there which still did not helf the town because of the housing situation. The homes there now are family owned that are boarded up due to relative or renter abuse. Some people are now deciding not to keep holding on to the property but are skeptical of renters however we do have a 3 bedroom 1 bath that needs repairs that we do want to keep and would be willing to allow rent free or a small fee if the renters does the repairs. After that renting, buying, leasing, sellling are all optional. Before you take any of these other comments to heart go to Google Earth and look at the street view of the the city that will give you a good view. Also go to the City Attorney's Condemned property list (city is doing now to acquire land to build for newcomers) and the city liens (done for mowing your yard) for addresses for places that might be available. Both list the names of the owners and/or contact person. Housing is going to be a problem in Hobbs, Eunice, Monument, Lovington and all the surrounding areas until something new is built so if you have to move soon look for the vacant property and most owners would rather have someone in them than not.
Hi am looking for a place to live in hobbs am fro fort worth texas and am moving to hobbs for many reason once my daughters cituation and her health i have family there if you would give me your address of where you have your property i would love to look at it and decide if i can consider it for a home my dad works in constution on remodeling homes and am sure he can probably help me out if you do decided or even if you still have it available please my email address is baby36092@yahoo.com i have family overthere but am a very independent person and like to live on my own and not with family thank you so much in advance

Old 06-08-2009, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 6,414 times
Am moving to hobbs new mexico all day yesterday and today i been searching for somewhere to live in hobbs any kind of info would help please can anyone help me please thank you so much in advance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico