Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:00 PM

3 posts, read 7,372 times

Advertisements

I am also looking does anyone know of any websites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 11:17 AM

331 posts, read 498,822 times
Well, the topography around here is very boring. It's mostly flat, with mostly mesquite bushes covering the landscape. Wildfires are fairly common, especially on windier days. The only advantage to the flat terrain is that it takes only an hour and a half to drive the 100 miles to Odessa-Midland (with the 75-mph speed limits on TX-176 and FM-1788/Telephone Rd.). Carlsbad is pretty green, though, with the Guadalupe Mountains and Carlsbad Caverns National Parks nearby, and the Pecos River running through town (and a nice riverside park to match).

Old 01-28-2010, 06:16 PM

3 posts, read 7,372 times
How about the crime has it changed at all, and what side of town is the best to live on?

Old 03-17-2010, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,773 times
I could possible move to hobbs,nm if a job opportunity is there. I was wondering what is the best place to live to avoid crime and etc??
thanks cole

Old 03-30-2010, 09:11 PM

21 posts, read 51,995 times
I travel to Hobbs frequently and probably the best areas will be the northwest part of town. Avoid the south side and the far west side as well. As a Texas transplant I promise you are going to hate it there, I do and I dont even live there!

Old 03-30-2010, 10:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,879 times
Default Mobile home purchase in Hobbs, any info?

Plan to purchase a mobile home in Hobbs, due to shortage of affordable housing, would like any help with real estate laws regarding the purchase of land to put the trailer on.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:32 PM

What kind of laws are you looking for. I know the state now requires man. homes to be placed on a slab. Any work done to a man. home has to be licensed to work on them and it is very hard to find a licensed repairman especially in Hobbs.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,382 times
Default rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWeiss View Post
There is very little on line. I have a complex of townhomes and we do have a web page but we seem to have constant technical difficulties. I have one more opening for mid January, 2008, and will have a couple more openings in Feb, 2008. They are 2 bed 1 1/2 bath and though they don't have much yard or other homey amenities, we are in the best school district and are the safest complex in the City. My husband is a cop and we live on the property. Several of his co-workers also live here. It is a bad time to buy right now. This may appear to be a self-serving statement, but I really don't have to do a lot of "sales" because my townhomes are very nice, kept updated and there remains a lack of rental property even though relief was supposed to happen in the Fall of 07.

Good luck with your relocation.

Im looking to rent a place from you...Do you have any thing available? Im moving from Denver and working for Tate Branch...Please let me [EMAIL="know...timmy2511@yahoo"]know...timmy2511@yahoo[/EMAIL]

Old 08-02-2010, 02:45 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,976,193 times
Default Hobbs Local TV News

I would like to know where the local tv newscasts in Hobbs broadcast from.I know that Roswell's are from Albuquerque.Thanks in advance

Old 08-02-2010, 08:37 PM

They don't have a local channel but I am guessing it comes from Midland-Odessa or Lubbock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico