Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 02:24 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times

Advertisements

You need to watch the video, Ruth4Truth. They explain where they're coming from. They talk about the unnecessary quarantining of healthy people. There's no need to quarantine healthy people. They're not sick. The people that need to stay home are those with COVID-19 symptoms. Or they need ta go in to the hospital for treatment. Our bodies are equipped to fight off these virus' if we're reasonably healthy. If we have two or more co-morbidities and we're not feeling good then that's another story.

The video is 55 minutes long but it gives them time to explain their stance thoroughly. I agree with them. Our governor is never going to get the perfect paradisaic situation she would like to see in New Mexico. This pandemic is hurting people financially and then they're fighting each other. The lid's gonna blow and depression/suicide/injuries/jailtime, etc., etc., etc., are all going to go straight up off the charts.

These two doctors are in California. They provide documentation of Norway and Sweden's COVID-19 situation. The country that quarantined did no better with people getting COVID-19 than the country who let everyone stay out and about! NYC is an example of an area that needs to be very careful because of the subway riders, close contact just because it's such a huge rat race. Quarantining actually makes sense in a rat race such as New York City.

I haven't received a stimulus check, and yes, I filed a tax return last year. What about y'all?

Mrs. elkotronics and I received our stimulus check by direct deposit a week and a half ago.

Last edited by elkotronics; 04-25-2020 at 03:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 03:36 PM

5,034 posts, read 7,414,809 times
I'm not watching a 55-minute video, but our governor is not waiting for "paradise", she is planning to open things up gradually according to advice from experts. Even when you open the economy back up people will still be reluctant to risk going out for non-essentials. The economy will not come roaring back even if you could lift all restrictions at once.

Sweden has twice the population of Norway, but 10 times as many Covid-19 deaths as of today. Maybe their hospitals can handle that but I doubt US hospitals could handle such a steep curve.

Old 04-25-2020, 04:24 PM

https://youtu.be/xfLVxx_lBLU

I don't know if YouTube has added additional safeguarding when copying videos on to a chatboard but I hit share on YouTube then paste it on here I just get a link like above. I want to paste the video so all the reader has to do is hit the right arrow and watch it.

Now it appears that I'm only going to get the link but no graphic display. Could be a security link that YouTube put on or city-data added in. It used to work easily. Argghh!

Last edited by elkotronics; 04-25-2020 at 04:46 PM..

Old 04-25-2020, 04:49 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,804,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I haven't received a stimulus check, and yes, I filed a tax return last year. What about y'all?
If the ITS has your bank info, either through income tax or refund transfer or you filled out the info on the IRS web site or you receive S/S deposits, your 'check' should have hit your account or will in the next few days. If they had old deposit info, that's where the money went. If you're waiting for a paper check, timing is based your AGI and this is the schedule:
  • Earning $10,000 or less - April 24th
  • Earning $20,000 or less - May 1st
  • Earning $30,000 or less - May 8th
  • Earning $40,000 or less - May 15th
  • Earning $50,000 or less - May 22nd
  • Earning $60,000 or less - May 29th
  • Earning $70,000 or less - June 5th
  • Earning $80,000 or less - June 12th
  • Earning $90,000 or less - June 19th
  • Earning $100,000 or less - June 26th

Old 04-25-2020, 05:36 PM

681 posts, read 1,207,133 times
No stimulus for us....made too much money before retiring in 19. Daughter in college gets nothing since we listed her as a dependent. Sons in Alaska both have received theirs and they certainly can use it. The shutdown has not really affected us here in NM since I receive a decent retirement and have nowhere to go to spend it, and my wife is an "essential worker."

Old 04-25-2020, 06:27 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
You need to watch the video, Ruth4Truth. They explain where they're coming from. They talk about the unnecessary quarantining of healthy people. There's no need to quarantine healthy people. They're not sick. The people that need to stay home are those with COVID-19 symptoms. Or they need ta go in to the hospital for treatment. Our bodies are equipped to fight off these virus' if we're reasonably healthy. If we have two or more co-morbidities and we're not feeling good then that's another story.

The video is 55 minutes long but it gives them time to explain their stance thoroughly. I agree with them. Our governor is never going to get the perfect paradisaic situation she would like to see in New Mexico. This pandemic is hurting people financially and then they're fighting each other. The lid's gonna blow and depression/suicide/injuries/jailtime, etc., etc., etc., are all going to go straight up off the charts.

These two doctors are in California. They provide documentation of Norway and Sweden's COVID-19 situation. The country that quarantined did no better with people getting COVID-19 than the country who let everyone stay out and about! NYC is an example of an area that needs to be very careful because of the subway riders, close contact just because it's such a huge rat race. Quarantining actually makes sense in a rat race such as New York City.

Mrs. elkotronics and I received our stimulus check by direct deposit a week and a half ago.
Quarantining only the sick didn't work out, though. That was tried in the early stage of the outbreak, in the US and elsewhere. That's when it was discovered, that the bug can be communicated by asymptomatic seemingly "healthy" people to others, without the carriers being aware of it. That's why everyone's under quarantine.

See, that just proves those guys don't know what they're talking about.

Sweden's death rate is nearly 3 times that of Norway, though Sweden only has twice the population overall.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:14 PM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Why "besides unemployment"? Unemployment is helping a lot of people a lot, including me. I know people who received their check weeks ago because they file electronically, but I haven't received mine.

A lot of big businesses snatched up the small business loans so they ran out quickly. More funding was approved this week, so if you know someone with a small business they should get their application in.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:43 PM

Somewhere in the 51:00+ minutes of video 1 one of the doctors fielded a question that stated that people all needed to be quarantined in the beginning of the virus. Not necessarily now, though. The worst has blown by us. Our bodies already have white blood cells naturally rushing to kill off intruding viral particles. It's not necessary to quarantine healthy people.

It's Mr. Fauci faux-paxing everyone in America. It's nothing but a huge block to the economy. The flu kills in greater numbers each and every year. It's a big 'ole chunk of hanky-panky and it's man(if you can call them men)-made.

Your move.

Old 04-25-2020, 09:28 PM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
4/19/20

https://www.city-data.com/forum/heal...xceed-flu.html

Covid deaths SO FAR......... 39,150

Flu Season and Deaths

2018/2019.......... 34,200 (Less than this year's covid)

2017/2018.......... 61,000 (More than this year's covid)

2016/2017.......... 38,000 (Less than this year's covid)

2015/2016.......... 23,000 (Less than this year's covid)

2014/2015......... 51,000 (More than this year's covid)

2013/2014..........38,000 (Less than this year's covid)

2012/2013......... 43,000 (More than this year's covid)

2011/2012......... 12,000 (Less than this year's covid)

2010/2011......... 37,000 (Less than this year's covid)

4/21/20

New title should now be:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/57906773-post31.html

So FAR: Covid Deaths Exceed Flu Deaths in 7 years of the Last Decade

4/24/20

3 days later, the new title should now be:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/57936099-post32.html

So FAR: Covid Deaths Exceed Flu Deaths in 8 years of the Last Decade

Old 04-26-2020, 12:13 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,628,245 times
I received my stimulus check by direct deposit on Wednesday. One of my sisters, my brother and my sister-in-law have received their stimulus check as well. My other sister and my brother-in-law still have not received their deposit. My mom and my aunt also both have not received their stimulus check direct deposit. They are both retired on Social Security and it was my understanding they should've received it by yesterday (Friday). I checked my mom's status on the IRS website and it says she was approved for a payment but they don't yet have a date for when it will be deposited into her account. I was getting one of those infamous 'error' messages when I checked my status until Monday when it changed to saying I would get it deposited into my bank account on Wednesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico