Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 01:17 PM

7,399 posts, read 19,374,658 times

Advertisements

Nothing at the moment.
Start something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 01:40 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,256,011 times
Bradly,

Since we don't know too much about you why don't tell us something about yourself.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:58 PM

717 posts, read 1,957,802 times
Default be careful where and how you tread!

A day has passed since the latest slice and dice. Some feeling HAS returned to my forefinger, middle and ring fingers! Oddly, my little finger, previously the only finger unaffected by numbness is now partially numb...go figure Small price to pay for better sensation in the more important digits. Thumb is still fairly numb however. This will take time and patience and I usually lack the latter I WILL try to back off the weights and all Diablo...but I can still hit my legs and belly with gusto Guess I'll have skinny arms for awhile (the right one anyway....)

Forgot to include in my little travel sojourn that I took a hit while in Utah that was absurd and could have been serious. I think the town was Richfield where we stopped at a mega-truck stop for petrol and eats. My wife completed her errands and I skipped on into the latrine to answer nature's call: mistake!!! I hit a large puddle of H2O that was not marked or bordered and down I went right on my thick skull!!! I smaked it so hard the guy in the next stall came 'round to see me on the tiles and in the puddle! I hit my head so hard I really thought I'd cracked my skull. Management was summoned with towels and apologies galore and I seemed to be alright. I left without the expected threats to sue...I'm not that kind of guy Anyway, that night around 2:00a.m. I awoked VERY dizzy and shakey; couldn't walk straight either. So Mama saved me AGAIN! Fearing a subdural hematoma she found the nearest emergency room ~15 minutes distant and there we went. I was examined and a CAT scan was made of my hard Romanian skull; no internal bleeding My head is simply too thick to kill me with heavy concussive force I suppose...actually, in my misspent youth, I've been battered more than once on the ole' cranium with little ill-effect (other than losing a few million brain cells I suppose)! I did think, nevertheless, while in that foul puddle on those hard tiles that I might die in this damn bathroom...Not the way I'd like to expire. No apparent harm done we continued on our merry way to Vegas and beyond.

I seem to attract accidents these days. Perhaps the gods are amused to see me hit the pavement, maybe my "ex" has an especially effective Voodoo doll with my likeness gathering pins in various places...or, more likely, I'm just getting old and clumsy and need to reign in my usually audacious behavior a tad! I'm no longer Spartacus, although I once thought I was

No luck with Mutz. No responses to my E-mails and my phone number is not valid. Hope Bob is O.K.!

Vivere senza rimipianti (Live without regrets)...time for more situps

Old 06-18-2009, 04:27 PM

Oh my Draccy, glad you're okay. Weird accidents do happen like that. I've hit my head a couple of times over the years too. Almost died once over it but I'm still around. Glad you are too.
The word 'expire' is not one of my favorite words.
Mr. Mutz, if you don't want to post, it's understandable but let us know you're okay.
Draccy, can you squeeze a rubber ball some? That will help strengthen your hand and fingers.
Situps - gag, I do them 6 days a week now along with a bunch of other crap. That's the only bad thing about being 50. It takes alot more exercise.
Sometimes I wish I was around 30 or so again with weight I didn't have to worry about.
It takes work to look good and feel good though.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:49 PM

3,435 posts, read 7,001,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
Bradly,

Since we don't know too much about you why don't tell us something about yourself.
Well, I live in Albuquerque born..but Raised in Espanola. 100 miles north of here. I currently work for the city's planning department in reviewing the current projects in development.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:13 PM

Bradly,

It sounds like a very interesting job. Do you enjoy it?

Me, I live in Tempe, AZ most of the time, but make 4-6 trips a year to Ruidoso. We have a little place there, 2 bedrooms 1 bath which we rent out when we are not there.

I just had my 25th wedding anniversary last month.

At the moment I am watching ASU vs North Carolina in the College World Series. Loser goes home. I am hoping ASU wins today, but even if they do they have a hard road ahead of them.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:21 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,737,639 times
I'm hoping it's LSU's year! Geaux Tigers.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Well, I live in Albuquerque born..but Raised in Espanola. 100 miles north of here. I currently work for the city's planning department in reviewing the current projects in development.
Sounds like an interesting job.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I'm hoping it's LSU's year! Geaux Tigers.
LSU always looks good. ASU's team is extremely young this year and nobody thought they would make it to Omaha.

My Cubbies have Mike Fontenot and Ryan Theriot (The Riot) playing infield and both are from LSU

Old 06-18-2009, 05:51 PM

3,435 posts, read 7,001,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
Bradly,

It sounds like a very interesting job. Do you enjoy it?

Me, I live in Tempe, AZ most of the time, but make 4-6 trips a year to Ruidoso. We have a little place there, 2 bedrooms 1 bath which we rent out when we are not there.

I just had my 25th wedding anniversary last month.

At the moment I am watching ASU vs North Carolina in the College World Series. Loser goes home. I am hoping ASU wins today, but even if they do they have a hard road ahead of them.
I love it, I always wanted a fun job.. turns out I was luck to get it! It pays really good too. Plus my family owns a survey business.

Do you enjoy Tempe? and Ruidoso?

And I'm hoping ASU wins too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico