Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 05:42 PM

143 posts, read 365,235 times

Advertisements

Jane:

Wow - you made great time. Glad that you arrived safely. Even though it has been very nice for June - it is going to be heating up & we are going to be so ready to head for the mtns!! The plan is to be there by afternoon of the 26th.
Song, we may need to borrow Charlie's muscles to help unload the solid oak front door & a couple of BIG windows we are bringing over!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 11:23 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,360,109 times
Wish you could be here with us Diablo.

See ya sometime in the next hour or so Chilegal.

Bearsmom, I'm sure Charlie will help you as long as he's not tied up at any of these meetings.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:11 PM

717 posts, read 1,956,590 times
Been awhile people. Just returned from a loop to Las Vegas, via I-70 through Colorado "high country" (seriously gorgeous!) through Utah (incredible and primordial looking...one of my favorite states) to I-15 down through a tip of Arizona (some fabulous canyons and scenery) to incredible Nevada. We went to pay homage to my step-dad who is in failing health but remains a pillar in my life. The visit was poignant and rich. His home is lovely in West Vegas and quite unlike the banal "strip" which canonizes human vice. We stayed clear of that festering hole of decadence. It was wonderful to see dad again, although at 160 pounds he seems physically frail. Once this man was a brawny Mr. Colorado and a top placer in the 1950 Mr. America!!! He is a proud Navy Veteran of WW2 and was a very successful businessman, salesman and minister after having been a cowboy out in La Junta as a youth. A man of articulate wisdom and stature, I admire and revere him greatly.

On our way back we chose the southern route so we could pass through our beloved New Mexico. 93 we took around the spectacular Hoover Dam with its new bridgework bottle-necking traffic. Tiny workmen moving about the open ends of that "sky-bridge" were quite the breathtaking sight! This is a massive project and will require years to complete. Continuing on we switch to I-40 and traverse Arizona, another fabulously beautiful state. We spend a day at the West Rim of the Grand Canyon and words simply fail to convey the boundless majesty and grandeur of this wondrous place! My third time visiting and it's still an epiphany. My bully dog was quite a hit, as well, with the throngs. Many people made his acquaintance and some photographed him! He has turned out to be quite a superstar! A carload of G.I.'s took several shots of him and I thanked these brave boys for their service to our country. Wonderful day. Moving on, made it to I-25 in Alb. Straight North back home via more tremendous scenery (spent some time in Trinidad, my favorite Colorado town). Oh yeah...Gallup was lots of fun as well! Altogether an excellent short trip: 5 days, 1,600 miles in mama's Lexus RX330.

Tomorrow morning more surgery on my right hand (what a nightmare this has been). I hope to get some feeling back in these numb fingers, currently I cannot write more than a few sentences and can't draw at all. Very deeply depressing, but it could be worse. We have family in Michigan fighting for their lives against lung cancer and heart disease so I cannot complain. We will be RVing up there as soon as my hand heals enough in July. What else....oh yeah: got my bike back yesterday after more custom work. It looks very intense. The builder wants to enter it in an upcoming hot rod and motorcycle show in Arvada...why not?! Later people. Hope we can visit our TorC this Summer...time and events will tell.

Last edited by dracul; 06-16-2009 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: Dam not damn :)

Old 06-16-2009, 12:47 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,254,434 times
Dracul,

I wish you the best with your surgery tomorrow. Surgery is never any fun, but hopefully you will get some decent results. I have been through many, many surgeries myself and just hope some good will come out of it for you. The Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ fixed me so I could walk pretty well again after riding around on my electric scooter for a few years.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:16 PM

Draccy Baby,
Hopefully this time the surgery will correct your hand injury. Second times a charm right?
Glad you enjoyed your trip and hope to see ya in NM soon.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:25 PM

717 posts, read 1,956,590 times
It was a necessary and profound trip. We were all quite moved. Keith Lewin has always been, and shall remain, one of my greatest heroes.

The surgery is inevitable, I'm looking forward to it actually. This right hand feels as though it is the flesh of someone else. Little use to me. My art is denied me and that is a blight.

I see that Mutz has dropped out of contact. I really like this man and am concerned. I have a phone number he gave me and I'll inquire. Be well all.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:06 AM

I'm concerned too as he hasn't answered my message to him. I keep wanting to email or call him but I keep figuring that he would post.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:56 PM

3,257 posts, read 922,965 times
Dracul,

I hope you are doing well. I'd have my share of operations. Just take it easy and don't do anything the doctor told you NOT TO DO. Trust me, Get well soon. Good Luck

Old 06-17-2009, 06:57 PM

Hope your doing okay Draccy.

Today I've been in Timberon full time for 1 year.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:40 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,254,434 times
Congratulations Song!

Do you have any regrets about moving to Timberon? Did it turn out the way you envisioned it? I am just curious as I have never been there. Cloudcroft is the closest I've been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico