Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 04:38 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,915,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear's Mom View Post
Then there are other grea places in the area: Jackson Hole, The Tetons
For those with the ability to camp out, and able to find a place in the campgrounds on the lake shore, being up in time to watch the first glint of sunrise on the Teton's peaks is worth the entire trip. It's magical. Especially if there are clouds of mist hovering over the lake at sunrise, which there usually are in the summer months. Jackson Hole has, OTOH, has grown too big for its britches - like so many of the year-around resorts in the Rockies.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 04:52 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,251,775 times
Lots and lots of money in Jackson Hole (and none of it is mine). The airport keeps plenty busy with all those private jets flying in and out.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:19 PM

3,257 posts, read 921,991 times
Have a good week New Mexico!

Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 PM

143 posts, read 364,762 times
Default Tetons with a full moon!

The fiirst time I saw those majestic peaks was by a full moon & though it's been several decades.........I still have those pictures forever in my memory!
Song would have loved it .......was a Harvest full moon........AWESOME!

JDTH..........have a super trip! Enjoy the cool - it's heading back to 109 just as you guys escape the Valley!!

UOTE=jaxart;10416822]For those with the ability to camp out, and able to find a place in the campgrounds on the lake shore, being up in time to watch the first glint of sunrise on the Teton's peaks is worth the entire trip. It's magical. Especially if there are clouds of mist hovering over the lake at sunrise, which there usually are in the summer months. Jackson Hole has, OTOH, has grown too big for its britches - like so many of the year-around resorts in the Rockies.

[/quote]

Old 08-26-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear's Mom View Post
The fiirst time I saw those majestic peaks was by a full moon & though it's been several decades.........I still have those pictures forever in my memory!
Song would have loved it .......was a Harvest full moon........AWESOME!

JDTH..........have a super trip! Enjoy the cool - it's heading back to 109 just as you guys escape the Valley!!
Thanks Joyce. Say hi to Pete for us. I can't believe it will be 112 by Friday. I guess we timed this trip right. It is getting into the 30's at night at some of the places we will be heading.

Is it really here? Is it really time for our vacation? Stick a fork in us, were done. It was a rough ride to get here, but now it is time to enjoy.

I will put some pictures in a new album as we go, if I get the chance.

I love the Tetons (most photographed mountains in the world). I'm not sure if we wil make it this time.

Last edited by JDTH; 08-26-2009 at 06:23 AM..

Old 08-26-2009, 06:11 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
A good trip for you JDTH, be safe and have alot of fun.

Where's Future Trooper? Not a member shows up on his profile.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
A good trip for you JDTH, be safe and have alot of fun.

Where's Future Trooper? Not a member shows up on his profile.
We made it to Kalispell, not quite like we planned it though. Arrived at Phoenix airport yesterday morning only to find out our flight had been canceled. Not a good start to our vacation. Southwest did reroute us and we arrived in Spokane a little late. Our 3 hour drive from Spokane to Kalispell turned into over a 5 hour drive because of some really bad advice from the counter guy at Hertz.

Looking forward to today. We should be in Glacier in an hour or so. We only have about 80 miles to drive to. We will take it nice and slow and hopefully I will take some decent pictures.

No Future Trooper! Members are dropping like flies!!

Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
LOL, somtimes things like that happen for a reason and though it's not funny when it happens, you'll soon be laughing about it.
Tomorrow will be a better day. Have fun.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:43 PM

143 posts, read 364,762 times
Default Soak up the beauty & the cool!

OH WOW~
KALISPELL - then Glacier
you guys are living 'large'
take lots of fotos!!
It is so gorgeous up there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
We made it to Kalispell, not quite like we planned it though. Arrived at Phoenix airport yesterday morning only to find out our flight had been canceled. Not a good start to our vacation. Southwest did reroute us and we arrived in Spokane a little late. Our 3 hour drive from Spokane to Kalispell turned into over a 5 hour drive because of some really bad advice from the counter guy at Hertz.

Looking forward to today. We should be in Glacier in an hour or so. We only have about 80 miles to drive to. We will take it nice and slow and hopefully I will take some decent pictures.

No Future Trooper! Members are dropping like flies!!

Old 08-27-2009, 02:00 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,360,450 times
Sounds like your trip got off to a bad start, but now you can unwind and enjoy the rest of it.

We're going on a little trip on Sat. Started out to be a motorcycle ride within hub's work, but alot of guys said they didn't have motorcycles (us included) so other vehicles are welcome. We're headed north to Las Vegas, and making a big loop I guess, going to Taos, and many other places I have yet to see. I cannot wait. Cameras are ready to go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico