Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 05:36 PM

143 posts, read 365,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
While you are having dinner with Joyce and Pete, we will be at a potluck at the red barn in Timberon, with TWO bands. Sounds like we all will be having fun.

OK..........where - what is the Red Barn?? Probably a dumb question!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 07:41 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,025,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear's Mom View Post
OK..........where - what is the Red Barn?? Probably a dumb question!!!
The red barn is on the airstrip and its where the Timberon Development Council meets.
Met BTerriB last night and had a great time.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:33 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,354,324 times
Did anyone see the PETA issue on the news this evening?
It's pretty disgusting. I have nothing against eating meat and I have nothing against PETA but the thing I do have a problem with is PETA going after young kids that are not mature enough to know what's going on.
If you did not hear about it, it involves PETA making McDonalds happy meals into unhappy meals. Bloody looking boxes with Ronald the clown with a knife in his hand and pretty much talking about how Ronald slaughters cows and chickens and not to eat meat or eat at McDonalds.
It's funny in a sick kind of way to adults but kids will not understand the purpose of this.
Just wondering if you all saw this and what you think about it.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:44 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,368,997 times
I read it and I have always thought PETA was a group of very sick individuals. This just confirmed it even more.

Anyone that will bomb research labs and kill people to save an animal isn't looking out for the animals.
When we were showing rabbits and dealing with the commercial end of it, we sometimes had to deal with animal activists. We found the best way was to just ignore them.

I belong to P.E.T.A., People Eating Tasty Animals.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:01 PM

I don't like the idea of animals being abused but I don't think it's necessary going to the extreme over this. It's too much. I thought it was disgusting but in another way, it was funny until I thought about how it would affect a little kid. If I had a kid that age that saw that and asked me why the clown had a bloody knife in his hand, I wouldn't know what to say to the kid because kids just can't comprehend stuff like that.
As an adult though, it may be funny to wear a tshirt like that but not to be taken seriously.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:39 PM

107 posts, read 201,463 times
The promotional advertisement that is done by one of the large chicken producers baffles me. The CEO of the firm walks around the hen house talking to the chickens, calling them by name as if they are part of his family, and convincing us that they understand every word. Yet, this caring man kills about 300,000 chickens per day. If we ever need someone to operate a processing plant for old people, we have our man.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:58 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,253,596 times
Hopefully I have a few more years before being processed.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:25 AM

I've seen Colonal Sanders on a bumper sticker with a mean look on his face with KFC beside him. KFC meaning, killing for cash.
Who comes up with this stuff?
And I thought I took things to the extreme at times.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radicat View Post
The promotional advertisement that is done by one of the large chicken producers baffles me. The CEO of the firm walks around the hen house talking to the chickens, calling them by name as if they are part of his family, and convincing us that they understand every word. Yet, this caring man kills about 300,000 chickens per day. If we ever need someone to operate a processing plant for old people, we have our man.
Scary, must be a politician.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,368,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radicat View Post
People have to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico