Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 05:36 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,252,303 times

Advertisements

You guys and gals have fun. Check in when you get back. We hope to see you in November! Having fun, but yes missing Ruidoso. It is our home away from home. Beatiful here, wonderful, we will be in back in Tempe on Saturday night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 08:47 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,363,371 times
Just checked out your latest photos. Absolutely gorgeous country. Think I will need to visit there very soon.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:46 AM

Alison,

If you never been to Yelowstone and you get a chance, check it out. The pictures do not do it justice, especially West Yellowstone and all the bubbling, steaming stuff. It is like no other place on earth that I can thiink of.

The waterfall picture was of the lower falls at Yellowstone and it is three times higher than Niagrara Falls

Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
How was your trip JDTH?

I was only gone a short while and I still feel tired from it. I don't get out very often though so I'm not used to all the excitement I had.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
How was your trip JDTH?
It was quite an experience. Some good, more not so good. We left on Wednesday August 26 and arrived at the Phoenix airport only to find they had canceled our flight. The did find us a way to get to Spokane that day and then we still had to drive to Kalispel for the night. The clerk at the rental counter gave us some really bad directions and it took about 5 hours instead of the 3 or 4 we thought. So we arrived very late in Kalispel.

On Thursday we drove about 30 miles to enter Glacier National Park. About 30 minutes into the park I found a spot to pull over and take some pictures. I went down the trail head about 200 ft to a lake and took some pictures. When I came back up Dawn was nowhere in sight. After a minute or two she appeared. Turned out she wanted to be adventuresome and not use the trail. She looked like a big tumbleweed. Turns out she had fallen twice and rolled down the embankment and was covered with abrasions on both arms and legs. I took her to the ranger station for medical evaluation. Nothing broken, but she still has bruises. She said the only thing that stopped her fall was a tree stump. So much for the start of our vacation.

I don't want to bore you with all the details. The scenery was great, but Dawn still hasn't figured our her altitude sickness and she had a hard trip.

After we got home on Saturday, September 5th we felt really beat, tired and sore. It turns out two days later we both had the flu. I am still not quite feeling up to par.

Song, are you glad you asked the question? Probably not!

We will be fine soon I hope.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:39 AM

Oh my! You all had it rough. Sorry all that crappy stuff happened. Dawn should go see a chiropractor just to make sure her bones are up to par and nothing is out of line.
I need to go to your profile and look at the rest of the pictures you took. I didn't get a chance to look at them all yet.
You all take care and get yourselves recovered.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:01 PM

I almost feel human again. Thanks for your concern. It was a really weird vacation, still fun, but different than most. Things are going much better. I hope all is well with you and Charlie and the pup/dogs.

By the way what happened to all the sarcasm on these threads? People seem much tooooooooooo serious. Lets have some fun!!! It is not as much fun as it use to be IMHO.

Where's Mortimer when when we need him. Sure he provides us with a lot of wisdom and well thought out answers, but he says he is available for "drive by sarcasm", so drive by Mort!!

Jim

Old 09-13-2009, 09:32 AM

Glad you're feeling better. I've had something for the past couple of days now but I'm feeling better now.

I don't think we're supposed to have fun anymore on the threads. When someone does, they get kicked off. It used to be fun but I'm getting bored with it now and it looks like others are too.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:49 AM

In case either of us gets to ROWDY and gets 86'd from CD I still have your e-mail and phone number and hopefully you still have mine, so don't be a stranger. My cell phone is out of action for a few days. It just died on me when we were on vacation. The screen just went blank. I lost all my numbers and it won't take a charge. Hopefully sometime soon I will get a new one with the same number. Take care.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:32 AM

I still have it all.
I just wish this forum would be like it used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico