Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 06:17 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,360,109 times

Advertisements

Yep, with no whining and bitching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 03:10 PM

143 posts, read 365,235 times
Default a Glock for Bear??

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I like that.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... not quite sure how he would carry it or shoot - with his little furry paws............

but that's OK - his dad has one!

Old 09-18-2009, 11:41 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,239,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
I know he was booted by the forum "Dictator" but I went ahead and gave him rep points for that post.
Interesting.

YouTube - Where have all the flowers gone? Live

Old 09-19-2009, 05:34 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,254,434 times
For some reason they let me back in. I think it is only to throw me out later (sooner than later). One little misstep and you would think the whole world had collapsed. Just unbelievable!!

Old 09-19-2009, 07:26 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,922,635 times
In an attempt to get this thread back to "friendly discussions" I'm going to ask those of you living in NM if you've benefited from this week's late monsoon rains? My area has had rainfall every day since this past Wed, and it's raining on Sat morning as I type this at 7:30am.

On Wed I was driving east from Tularosa when I was caught in one of the most violent rains storms I've been in since leaving the Gulf Coast area, where I once lived. That storm passed N to S and ended up literally pounding east El Paso with golf-ball size hailstones. That's something that has never before occurred in my lifetime in this area. It's usual to have such large hail in central and east Texas, but marble size is more the norm for the desert areas of southern NM and west Tex. I feel pretty sure that Wed storm can be attributed to a "super cell" buildup usually seen in the mid section of the country (tornado alley), although this one had no damaging winds that I know about.

This weekend is the annual Golden Aspen Motorcycle Rally here in Ruidoso, with a projected attendance this year of 35,000 riders. So far it's been rain gear weather and this morning's parade is going to be a wet one unless the rain stops before 10am.

Cheers all - and CHEER UP! It's the weekend, after all!

Old 09-19-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
For some reason they let me back in. I think it is only to throw me out later (sooner than later). One little misstep and you would think the whole world had collapsed. Just unbelievable!!
You're just too bad to the bone and some people have a hard time handling that. You would think that the mod in the music forum would be a little cooler than that and not so stuffy.
Glad you're back on.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:22 AM

I like it when it rains here because it's been so dry so the more, the merrier.

QUOTE=jaxart;10825188]In an attempt to get this thread back to "friendly discussions" I'm going to ask those of you living in NM if you've benefited from this week's late monsoon rains? My area has had rainfall every day since this past Wed, and it's raining on Sat morning as I type this at 7:30am.

On Wed I was driving east from Tularosa when I was caught in one of the most violent rains storms I've been in since leaving the Gulf Coast area, where I once lived. That storm passed N to S and ended up literally pounding east El Paso with golf-ball size hailstones. That's something that has never before occurred in my lifetime in this area. It's usual to have such large hail in central and east Texas, but marble size is more the norm for the desert areas of southern NM and west Tex. I feel pretty sure that Wed storm can be attributed to a "super cell" buildup usually seen in the mid section of the country (tornado alley), although this one had no damaging winds that I know about.

This weekend is the annual Golden Aspen Motorcycle Rally here in Ruidoso, with a projected attendance this year of 35,000 riders. So far it's been rain gear weather and this morning's parade is going to be a wet one unless the rain stops before 10am.

Cheers all - and CHEER UP! It's the weekend, after all!

[/quote]

Old 09-19-2009, 08:43 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,239,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
I've received an infraction for criticizing moderators, which I'll never do again. They're kind of like this blog's police force of sorts, trying to keep things level headed. I've also learned that if someone attacks me, not to retaliate, because it just makes matters worse.

Anyway, we received alot of rain here in Sierra County last night. Some roads washed out and the power went off 4 times. But, believe it or not, the beautiful sun is shining today, and it looks like it's shaping up to be a fine day, maybe we'll cook out on the grill later.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:48 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,254,434 times
Sounds realy good to me. Grilling, grilling, grilling!!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:57 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,922,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
I've received an infraction for criticizing moderators, which I'll never do again. They're kind of like this blog's police force of sorts, trying to keep things level headed.
I don't know about this board, but many of the forums I've been a participant in over the years are moderated by VOLUNTEERS who do a thankless job of attempting to keep conversations at something akin to civility.

It's all too common to see "trolls" and worse attempt turn a forum into a trash talking cesspool. The old USENET NEWS forums are a prime example of what can and did happen when forums go un-moderated.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico