Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 03:50 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
So what does everyone on here do during the day?
Stir the caldron in the P&OC forum.
Today and tomorrow are jeepin' days, photos to follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 03:52 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
So I see. I didnt think that you could really find pine cones/trees in the southwest. That must be why you rake them.
Pine needles make an excellent base to pitch a tent upon, or are great under a sleeping bag, soft!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:21 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,059,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Stir the caldron in the P&OC forum.
Today and tomorrow are jeepin' days, photos to follow.
don't get in to much trouble!
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Pine needles make an excellent base to pitch a tent upon, or are great under a sleeping bag, soft!

never knew that

Old 04-16-2009, 10:23 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times
Does it routinely fill up like the Field of Dreams? It looks awfully big for the population of Artesia even if everyone brought their livestock. jk

Only big games are played at Aggie Memorial, most are at the FOD. I live right across the street and I can hear when somethings going on there.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:54 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Just a short note to Hopeful Transplant- if you're reading Colorado is getting socked with a bunch of snow tomorrow and Saturday. Raton might get a little, but not as much as the front range and eastern plains. Was watching the Weather Channel this morning, a low pressure is moving across NM. Snow totals in Colorado are gonna be nasty. Raton is predicted to get some moisture, Clayton possible moisture. But nothing like so. Colorado is gonna get. Snow predictions in central Colo. mountains-2 feet, maybe more. Thought I'd give you and Brian in Clayton a heads up on the storm coming.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:10 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
I wish we would get some of it down here.
It's rained some but not enough to get the fire danger down.

Gdude - Pine needles are also good to put in the garden to use as mulch and keep the weeds from growing.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:28 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I don't think I said they were #1 just that they were very football oriented and they remind me of the Texas high school teams. And they do have a MUCH nicer stadium than anything Las Cruces has.
Guess you haven't seen the filed of dreams (Only the big games are played at NMSU)...

Seats 12,000

Field of Dreams

Field of dreams

http://www.williamsdesigngroup.biz/stadium.jpg (broken link)
Field of dreams

High school football at Aggie Memorial

Old 04-16-2009, 01:07 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Las Cruces has NOT won 26 Football State titles. When Artesia played against Las Cruces in AAAA Artesia used to kill em' ..

Roswell #3? No. You mean "Goddard" in Roswell. They are #2!
No, I mean Roswell as a football town. Not Roswell as the best team. The best "Team" in New Mexico last year was the Las Cruces bulldawgs. They also beat Artesia something like 48-14...or somewhere along those lines.

Artesia and Las Cruces never played in AAAA together. Artesia did play with LC Onate in AAAA and yes, Onate only won 1 title during their short time in AAAA.

Artesia move to AAAA in 2000 and in the same year Las Cruces moved to the new 5A class...Las Cruces and Artesia have not been in the same class since 1968...

Football Towns (1 team in Artesia, 3 teams in LC, 3 teams in Roswell, etc..)

1. Las Cruces
2. Artesia
3. Roswell
4. Clovis

Old 04-16-2009, 01:58 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,059,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I wish we would get some of it down here.
It's rained some but not enough to get the fire danger down.

Gdude - Pine needles are also good to put in the garden to use as mulch and keep the weeds from growing.

Today the sun was out and there was no rain!! but the temperature didnt make the expected high of 64 it is 55 degrees right now.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:16 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
It's gloomy here today with no sun. Hopefully, that means rain or snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico