Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 03:30 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times

Advertisements

It's hard to find a really good Chinese, Mexican or Italian restaurant but when you can get someone from one of these ethnic backgrounds to cook a home meal, it can't be beat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 04:21 PM

717 posts, read 1,955,434 times
I too love Italian the most...well nearly more than I love great rare steak (carnivore that I am). So far, from most of the usual faux-italiano eateries in the Denver region: Mac grill, Carinoes, et al, MY spaghetti is the best. My primavera style pasta I make twice a month and it takes several hours...but I've yet to taste resteraunt 'getti better than mine! No brag, just fact!

I blend several types of tomatoes, garlic, white and yellow onions, smoked sausage and extra lean beef or buffalo, stewed tomatoes, bay leaves, generous portions of olive oil, olives, Monteray Jack, Romano and Parm. cheeses, among other (secret) spices and ingredients. I LOVE to cook! I typically make enough for around 5 or 6 people but we (the four of us) consume it all within an hour or so La Dolce Vitae!

Last edited by dracul; 06-22-2009 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: had to add the cheeses!

Old 06-22-2009, 04:31 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,365,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
I too love Italian the most...well nearly more than I love great rare steak (carnivore that I am). So far, from most of the usual faux-italiano eateries in the Denver region: Mac grill, Carinoes, et al, MY spaghetti is the best. My primavera style pasta I make twice a month and it takes several hours...but I've yet to taste resteraunt 'getti better than mine! No brag, just fact!

I blend several types of tomatoes, garlic, white and yellow onions, smoked sausage and extra lean beef or buffalo, stewed tomatoes, bay leaves, generous portions of olive oil, olives, Monteray Jack, Romano and Parm. cheeses, among other (secret) spices and ingredients. I LOVE to cook! I typically make enough for around 5 or 6 people but we (the four of us) consume it all within an hour or so La Dolce Vitae!
What time is dinner?

Old 06-22-2009, 04:51 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I think they're kidding too. Taco Hell is nasty.
Especially the one in Alamo.....and I thought the one in Midland was bad...LOL!!!

Ewwww. Dang, I miss good Tex-Mex/Mexican food. I wish Alamo Grill was as good as it was a year ago..*sigh*

Back to Tularosa and Casa de Sueños....

Old 06-22-2009, 05:00 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Lord, I hope they are kidding. Cannot imagine anyone thinking Taco Hell is actually good. Blechhhhhhh
Me either...*gag*

The best semi-fast food Mexican I've ever had was Rosa's Cafe...their tacos and salsa at the drive-through were staples, LOL!! It's not as good as sit-down, but it is unequaled when you want something fast! I loved their chile de árbol salsa!

Unfortunately, all of the locations are in Texas....except for one in CA and one in Lawton, OK.

Oh well....back to slaving over a hot stove.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:25 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,066,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Very true.

I'm italian.. so italian food is my fav

I love Italian!!

Canoles,Gelatto,Fettucini Alfredo,Tuscan Chicken,Spaghetti,Lasagna.

I'm German so German/European foods are my favorite.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:37 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,990,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
I love Italian!!

Canoles,Gelatto,Fettucini Alfredo,Tuscan Chicken,Spaghetti,Lasagna.

I'm German so German/European foods are my favorite.
We Europeans rock!
I love Chicken Alfredo haha

Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,066,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
We Europeans rock!
I love Chicken Alfredo haha

Euros Unite!

Old 06-22-2009, 10:16 PM

717 posts, read 1,955,434 times
Default The Mutz Lives On!

I'm sorry to learn Mutz has been bounced from this sometimes dubious forum. He is a man with a big heart and much generosity. His job postings and current event listings for the TorC region were an asset to this board. I consider him a friend and do not view attacks or disparaging remarks made about him to be appropriate or fair...particularly if he is no longer around to defend his turf, so to speak. Long Live Highdesertmutz; he is an honorable and excellent gentleman whose friendship I value. I've got your back 'mutz

Old 06-22-2009, 10:48 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,990,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Euros Unite!
Woooo! My family is from Spain as well so I know consider my self european american now haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico