Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 10:54 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,080,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Woooo! My family is from Spain as well so I know consider my self european american now haha

My entire family is from the German speaking parts of Europe.

Germany,German-Denmark and German-Switzerland.

I'm a second generation american.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 12:54 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,254,434 times
I'm just plain white bread and/or white bred American. Two grandparents came from Ireland (potato famine), one from Poland and one from Germany. I like Mexican, Italian, German, Polish, Chinese, Greek, Thai, Japanese, Brazilian and American food (CHEESEBURGERS and PIZZA), etc. Real ones (not from Jack In The Box or Pizza Hut). It can be all good stuff. I am not a big fan of sushi.

My dad passed on down a great spaghetti sauce recipe that I make in bulk twice a year and freeze. It simmers for 10-12 hours in the biggest sauce pan I have and then sits in the refrigerator over night to convalesce the flavors. Secret ingredient is brown sugar. It will knock your socks off! By the way my dad was Irish! No wonder why I like to drink beer and whiskey!

Last edited by JDTH; 06-23-2009 at 02:16 AM..

Old 06-23-2009, 07:32 AM

That spaghetti sauce recipe sounds delicious!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,996,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
My entire family is from the German speaking parts of Europe.

Germany,German-Denmark and German-Switzerland.

I'm a second generation american.
Really, I must be like third generation of both Italian and Spanish.
My last name was the name of the town where my family orginated.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:41 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,360,109 times
I'm a mixture of I don't know what all but mostly Irish from both sides of family. I also had a great great grandma that was Cherokee. That's all I know.
I don't usually like restaurant food very much but I've never seen a restaurant that knows how to make spaghetti either. It tastes so store bought.
I also like to add Italian sausage to my spaghetti and steak to my chili. I'm off the wall though and do things differently.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
I'm sorry to learn Mutz has been bounced from this sometimes dubious forum. He is a man with a big heart and much generosity. His job postings and current event listings for the TorC region were an asset to this board. I consider him a friend and do not view attacks or disparaging remarks made about him to be appropriate or fair...particularly if he is no longer around to defend his turf, so to speak. Long Live Highdesertmutz; he is an honorable and excellent gentleman whose friendship I value. I've got your back 'mutz
I'm soooo in agreement with you.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Really, I must be like third generation of both Italian and Spanish.
My last name was the name of the town where my family orginated.

What is weird about my last name is my entire family is German but my last name originated in the mountains of Wales in the 6th century.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:02 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,897,500 times
My last name is Welsh, too......

As far as fast food goes....I had a lot of errands to run, and was too tired to fix lunch at 3:00 in the afternoon, so I ran by Wendy's. Believe it or not, the Wendy's in Alamo is better than average!!

I got an order of the new Asian chicken...and the sauce was sweet--and had crushed red pepper throughout. That gave it a very nice bite, and went well with my iced green tea/mint!!

Their hamburgers are pretty good, and their spicy chicken fillet not bad at all! I'd probably get tarred and feathered around here if I said this out loud, but it's better than Alamo's Blake's Lottaburger or Hi-Di-Ho Tiger burger!

The first Blake's I had was when I was going back and forth, and it was good then.

I have yet to have a decent one since. They all speak English here (but it wouldn't bother me if they didn't)! I'll have to try one somewhere else, because everybody kept raving about Blake's, and I don't find them all that wonderful. The GCCB is better without onions and pickles.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
My last name is Welsh, too......

As far as fast food goes....I had a lot of errands to run, and was too tired to fix lunch at 3:00 in the afternoon, so I ran by Wendy's. Believe it or not, the Wendy's in Alamo is better than average!!

I got an order of the new Asian chicken...and the sauce was sweet--and had crushed red pepper throughout. That gave it a very nice bite, and went well with my iced green tea/mint!!

Their hamburgers are pretty good, and their spicy chicken fillet not bad at all! I'd probably get tarred and feathered around here if I said this out loud, but it's better than Alamo's Blake's Lottaburger or Hi-Di-Ho Tiger burger!

The first Blake's I had was when I was going back and forth, and it was good then.

I have yet to have a decent one since. They all speak English here (but it wouldn't bother me if they didn't)! I'll have to try one somewhere else, because everybody kept raving about Blake's, and I don't find them all that wonderful. The GCCB is better without onions and pickles.

I had to go to the Danville Kroger store to pick up a few things with my mom. We decided to grab some BK their and take it home to eat. It was very good for something cheap.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:05 PM

I don't care for Blakes at all. I'd rather starve.

I like my own burgers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico