Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2009, 06:47 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,366,717 times

Advertisements

Had my first encounter with a "hissing beetle" last evening. Creepy looking and sounding thing. Thankfully he/she flew away. Eeeeek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 07:21 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,069,901 times
Up here in Indiana it's been raining for the last 27 hours. Last nights fireworks were rescheduled for today for today.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:43 AM

717 posts, read 1,955,671 times
Can hardly wait to set this bird into flight southwards! Been prepping the old Pace Arrow for around two weeks now and have laid out ~3k in upgrades for her. She is roadworthy except for a full tank of petrol and the same of LPG. Tomorrow we head for TorC at long last and despite many setbacks. We hope for around 8 days at the lake(s) and a foray or two into the eastern provinces that we've yet to explore. Denver has been challenging this Summer with nearly daily storms, frequently with damaging hail and some tornado warnings. The city is verdant but I'm very tired of the afternoon pyrotechnics from the sky. Basement has flooded twice so far!!! Much work to repair and replace and reinforce. Need to get our butts outta here!!!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2009, 12:44 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,181,908 times
Travel safe, Drac...and have fun.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:53 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,349,683 times
Be safe Draccy. Hope you and Mutz can meet up.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:56 PM

717 posts, read 1,955,671 times
Default RV's, Pit Bulls and Motorcycles; what else is there?

Thx Tec and Song. Hope to catch the desert mutt out in the sticks or in town at the refurbished burger joint! I'll be the largish, bearded maniac being dragged to and fro by my powerhouse pit bull! Love that dog-a-dile (as in crocodile)! I've loaded up everything from a flat screen multi-use monitor to a few guns to several astronomy and science mags, video tapes and DVD's. Lots more in between; house on wheels for sure!!!

Got the bike back together and she looks awesome! Very intimidating my brother claims. The skull headlight is perfect for this over-the-top street sled! Rode with my brother yesterday and it was a gas! Nothing really beats two fast wheels under you and hurricane-like wind in your mug! "Live to ride and ride to live" as they say Of course, after seeing my brother's equally macho machine I've more ideas for my "Dracul-cycle". There truly is no end once the IRON BUG bites you! If I had the dinero I'd have 100+ bikes...like Leno and Jesse and Roger Bourget, et al. No end to fun on scooters! Next up for this demonic machine are two skull mirrors, two skull caps for my nitrous bottles, an 8 degree rake to lower and extend the wheelbase and more airbrushing (Angelina Jolie as a vampire on my right front tank and H.R. Giger's bio-mechanical lips and tongue on the left...yikes!!!); more skulls and ghouls on the side panels as well. There may be more

Last edited by dracul; 07-07-2009 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: More bike blathering

Old 07-07-2009, 06:06 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,349,683 times
I can get into the astronomy checking out the NM sky.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:15 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,237,154 times
Can anyone tell me what "sticky" means?

Old 07-08-2009, 07:27 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,253,067 times
"Sticky" means the thread will always appear near the top of the page.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:32 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,181,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
Thx Tec and Song. Hope to catch the desert mutt out in the sticks or in town at the refurbished burger joint! I'll be the largish, bearded maniac being dragged to and fro by my powerhouse pit bull! Love that dog-a-dile (as in crocodile)! I've loaded up everything from a flat screen multi-use monitor to a few guns to several astronomy and science mags, video tapes and DVD's. Lots more in between; house on wheels for sure!!!

Got the bike back together and she looks awesome! Very intimidating my brother claims. The skull headlight is perfect for this over-the-top street sled! Rode with my brother yesterday and it was a gas! Nothing really beats two fast wheels under you and hurricane-like wind in your mug! "Live to ride and ride to live" as they say Of course, after seeing my brother's equally macho machine I've more ideas for my "Dracul-cycle". There truly is no end once the IRON BUG bites you! If I had the dinero I'd have 100+ bikes...like Leno and Jesse and Roger Bourget, et al. No end to fun on scooters! Next up for this demonic machine are two skull mirrors, two skull caps for my nitrous bottles, an 8 degree rake to lower and extend the wheelbase and more airbrushing (Angelina Jolie as a vampire on my right front tank and H.R. Giger's bio-mechanical lips and tongue on the left...yikes!!!); more skulls and ghouls on the side panels as well. There may be more
Thought you might enjoy seeing this nice bucket of bolts that can be seen triking around LC/Mesilla. These were shot outside Palacio, a Mesilla watering hole on Avenida de Mesilla. I don't know the owner, by I admire both his imagination and his wife.
Attached Thumbnails
The *Official* New Mexico "Off-Topic" Chat Thread-023.jpg   The *Official* New Mexico "Off-Topic" Chat Thread-024.jpg   The *Official* New Mexico "Off-Topic" Chat Thread-027.jpg   The *Official* New Mexico "Off-Topic" Chat Thread-025.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico