Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 02:24 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times

Advertisements

Enjoy your trip! I can't imagine how PACKED the GON must be.

I still haven't found anything in Ruidoso, and I'm beginning to think that I probably won't ever do so. Alto and White Mountain Estates are out because of limits on animals--2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 05:31 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,915,957 times
The census forms were DELIVERED to my neighborhood by someone on foot, dropping them on doorsteps. That's in spite of my area having regular mailman deliveries. At least they were inside a plastic bag. But that would only make them blow away easier in our spring winds. Mine didn't, but I imagine others did. It took me about ten minutes to fill it out.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:58 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
I think Farley's in Ruidoso is also owned by the same paople. I'm glad Cattle Baron in Ruiodoso in open again.

We will be in Ruidoso a little more than 2 weeks from now, but only for a few days. We are heading to the Gathering of Nations in Albuquerque on the 23rd and driving down to Ruidoso on the 24th. The GON is going to be on UNM's football field this year for the first time. It has always been at the PIT, but it is just getting too big. I am still looking forward to it.

yep, Farleys and Cattle Baron are owned by the same people, I use to work at Cattle Baron back in the days

Old 04-08-2010, 01:22 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Enjoy your trip! I can't imagine how PACKED the GON must be.

I still haven't found anything in Ruidoso, and I'm beginning to think that I probably won't ever do so. Alto and White Mountain Estates are out because of limits on animals--2.
Limits on animals? That's just wrong.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:23 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
I think Farley's in Ruidoso is also owned by the same paople. I'm glad Cattle Baron in Ruiodoso in open again.

We will be in Ruidoso a little more than 2 weeks from now, but only for a few days. We are heading to the Gathering of Nations in Albuquerque on the 23rd and driving down to Ruidoso on the 24th. The GON is going to be on UNM's football field this year for the first time. It has always been at the PIT, but it is just getting too big. I am still looking forward to it.
Have a great time.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Limits on animals? That's just wrong.
Most of the newer areas have restrictions like this--and for Alto, that's just the tip of the iceberg. You can read their restrictions/covenants online. White Mountain Estates has similar restrictions.

So, both of those are out for me at this time.

But I can also understand it, too. When you spend THAT much money on a house, I can see why you'd want it protected. Since some areas of NM are trashy, there are trade-offs.

I'm heading to CO in about 10 days anyway, so I'll see what happens on that trip. I'm really looking forward to it.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
White Mountain Estates has similar restrictions.
I ride my bicycle through White Mountain Meadows all the time and can vouch for the fact that people have dogs! More than one dog in some cases. Yards where there are dogs are generally fenced, so fencing does not seem to be restricted. I also see people walking their dogs all the time there.

Alto CC area seems to have few fences so dogs might have to be housebound. Not sure. Goodness knows there is no shortage of deer in that subdivision. I came close to hitting one there just last Friday evening.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
I ride my bicycle through White Mountain Meadows all the time and can vouch for the fact that people have dogs! More than one dog in some cases. Yards where there are dogs are generally fenced, so fencing does not seem to be restricted. I also see people walking their dogs all the time there.

Alto CC area seems to have few fences so dogs might have to be housebound. Not sure. Goodness knows there is no shortage of deer in that subdivision. I came close to hitting one there just last Friday evening.

From what I understand, fencing is really restricted in Alto--and if there are more than 2 animals per household in White Mountain, obviously the HOA isn't enforcing the ordinance!

It's really starting to warm up here, and it's depressing to think of after the nice winter we had here in Alamo!

I really did enjoy it!

Any suggestions on other areas in Ruidoso?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:

Any suggestions on other areas in Ruidoso?
Sorry, I can't help you there. Too subjective.

It is a good time to buy though since lately it seems that the "housing slump" is finally having some impact here. Houses that have been on the market for a year or more are seeing some major markdowns when they actually sell.

I
would never ever buy a home in any situation where I was dictated to by restrictive covenants. IOWs: condos, country clubs, retirement community, homeowners association neighborhoods, etc. Life is aggravating enough without having to worry constantly about what the neighbors might or might not think.

Last edited by jaxart; 04-08-2010 at 06:12 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
Sorry, I can't help you there. Too subjective.

I can say this though: I would never ever buy a home in any situation where I was dictated to by restrictive covenants. IOWs: condos, country clubs, retirement community, homeowners association neighborhoods, etc. Life is aggravating enough without having to worry constantly about what the neighbors might or might not think.

LOL!! I tend to agree with that for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico