Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:40 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,760,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
At 4:55 it was 19 degrees here on the Westside. I get the weather from Double
Eagle Airport about 3 miles west of me rather than the Sunport which is 20
miles away and in the valley. The temps, winds, etc. are often very different
between the Sunport and here.

Debbie says she heard one of the TV stations predicting below 10 degrees tonight..
It was 19 when I got up this morning here in Las Cruces. Even now, it is only 27 and both my front and backyards are covered by a good 3-4 inches of snow. Looking at icicles on my roof line and trying to work up the courage to go out and uncover my poor pansies, snapdragons and rose bushes. Oh, well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 11:36 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,617,441 times
Send some of that snow up our direction, my skis are getting impatient.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:07 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,042,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
Send some of that snow up our direction, my skis are getting impatient.
Hey Vinegaroon! I heard they are opening the Ski Area next week.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:13 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,258,433 times
According to the news, it was 1 in Moriarty when we got up Friday morning.

Woke up Thursday to snow and after watching the news and seeing no school cancellations, the kids and I headed out. Roads to the paved road weren't bad, but then they're dirt and gravel. Main road didn't LOOK bad, but the closer I got to Edgewood proper, the more snow covered and slicker they got- everytime I came to a stop (in 4wd, doing a whopping 30 mph or so) I slid. So we made an executive decision to go back home (according to Greg's people in Santa Rosa, they'd already shut the interstate down) and pulled into Smiths for a few provisions. Met the manager there as I was coming out and he'd just come in from Estancia and said there were three flipped cars between there and Moriarty. As Estancia was where I was headed after dropping the rugrats at school, I was doubly glad I was going home. We didn't budge on Thursday but had to take the kids in Friday. Moriarty got only a few inches, while we had 4-6 inches at the base of South Mountain.
Apparently we're expecting some more tonight. Time to stop by the movie rental store.... lol

Old 12-07-2009, 09:34 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,028,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
According to the news, it was 1 in Moriarty when we got up Friday morning.

Woke up Thursday to snow and after watching the news and seeing no school cancellations, the kids and I headed out. Roads to the paved road weren't bad, but then they're dirt and gravel. Main road didn't LOOK bad, but the closer I got to Edgewood proper, the more snow covered and slicker they got- everytime I came to a stop (in 4wd, doing a whopping 30 mph or so) I slid. So we made an executive decision to go back home (according to Greg's people in Santa Rosa, they'd already shut the interstate down) and pulled into Smiths for a few provisions. Met the manager there as I was coming out and he'd just come in from Estancia and said there were three flipped cars between there and Moriarty. As Estancia was where I was headed after dropping the rugrats at school, I was doubly glad I was going home. We didn't budge on Thursday but had to take the kids in Friday. Moriarty got only a few inches, while we had 4-6 inches at the base of South Mountain.
Apparently we're expecting some more tonight. Time to stop by the movie rental store.... lol
Stay safe, and thats for anyone out in the storms..

Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,617,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Hey Vinegaroon! I heard they are opening the Ski Area next week.
Friday, but I am heading to Wolf Creek. Ski Santa Fe is no fun for a guy like me until there is enough snow up top and some powder to boot.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:38 PM

Will do, Chile. Did y'all get any wind damage? I saw on the news that a roof in White Sands came off.
We were at a standstill yesterday due to wind and black ice. According to the news, this weather is only the beginning of what we'll see this winter. Perhaps it's NM's way of testing us? If we can get through this we can get through anything? lol

Old 12-09-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
Will do, Chile. Did y'all get any wind damage? I saw on the news that a roof in White Sands came off.
We were at a standstill yesterday due to wind and black ice. According to the news, this weather is only the beginning of what we'll see this winter. Perhaps it's NM's way of testing us? If we can get through this we can get through anything? lol
There is no power in Cloudcroft, Timberon, Weed, and many other places, could be 3 + more days before its restored. Many building damaged, trees uprooted. Kent went up the hill today and delivered gas to a guy for his generator. We are working at a shelter and serving meals for the Salvation Army. We may be at it at least 2-3 more days.
But other than that all is fine.
Jane

Old 12-10-2009, 12:35 PM

Bless you, Jane & Kent. :0)

I'm glad there are no reported injuries.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:19 PM

The shelter we were serving is closed. All in Cloudcroft were sent home to power. Timberon does not have power yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico