Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,413,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoshoewalkr View Post
Great food too! We ate at La Hacienda 3 times, once at Margo's and once at the Pizza Mill. All great food and service!
So if you are from Alamogordo, give yourself a pat on the back for being part of a friendly town!
Hey we had lunch at Margo's on Saturday the 2nd - maybe we saw you
I had the taco-enchilada-tostado plate. It was yummy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 09:14 AM

7,396 posts, read 19,368,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuliegal View Post
I loved Alamo when I lived there. I also loved living in Mescalero & Tularosa. I even liked Ohio when I lived there--I like it better just to visit! I like Oklahoma. I consider myself an Okie since I've been here since 1983, but my heart has always been in NM. I took my grown sons back there last summer & took them straight to Timberon. We had so much fun up there. They rode friends' 4-wheelers while my sis showed me real estate with a couple of friends. My boys totally "got it". The beauty, the friendliness of people, so much diversity in everything, from cultures, things to do, etc. They want to move back with me. I used to cry every time I'd see the mountains for the last time when I'd have to leave to come back to OK, but last summer, I didn't. I knew it wasn't going to be "goodbye" permanently this time! I'm counting the days, too!
Does your sis sell real estate here?
Did your son's go on an atv tour with Jeremy or go off on there own?

Old 01-05-2010, 09:20 AM

116 posts, read 251,576 times
im glad to hear this.. especially about the walmart. my cousin lives there and im actually considering moving down there. well i was considering carlsbad too.. but to hear that alamogordo is actually friendly town is really awesome i havent been to alamogordo since i was a little girl and so i dont remember much. but the thing about walmart is i work at a walmart here so to hear about how friendly walmart is thats awesome. so hopefully ill see alamogordo soon

Old 01-05-2010, 02:25 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,294,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tator89 View Post
im glad to hear this.. especially about the walmart. my cousin lives there and im actually considering moving down there. well i was considering carlsbad too.. but to hear that alamogordo is actually friendly town is really awesome i havent been to alamogordo since i was a little girl and so i dont remember much. but the thing about walmart is i work at a walmart here so to hear about how friendly walmart is thats awesome. so hopefully ill see alamogordo soon
Compared to alot of other Walmarts in other places the people who work at Walmart in Alamo are for the most part very friendly, of course it could be that I go in there so much I am a familiar face. There are also very few times that I have seen it dirty, like other Walmarts can get as the day goes on. When I hear people talk about how nasty a Walmart is they went to I always think how nice ours is.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM

183 posts, read 611,329 times
Egglady: We were at Margo's on the evening of Dec. 22, so I guess we didn't meet! But yes, the food was outstanding. We were a pretty lively bunch, catching up with 2 of our grown sons whom I had not seen for a year. You would not have missed us!!!!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:03 PM

36 posts, read 64,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Does your sis sell real estate here?
Did your son's go on an atv tour with Jeremy or go off on there own?
My sis did sell real estate--she went inactive last month. She still has her license. She thinks she's met you. She followed the posts about the fires last year on here. And we did meet Jeremy up there. But we rode friend's atv's. What a blast! My favorite pic I took up there was my boys standing in front of Jeremy's. They look like they're saying to each other: "This is unbelievable! How soon can we move up here?" My next favorite pic is them on the atv's. And my third is just a pic of the Trout Pond! My heart is pounding just thinking about it! lol (And I have about a hundred other favorite pics!)

Old 01-27-2010, 12:42 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,278,512 times
My heart will always be there in Alamogordo. One day we will return...one day. SIGH. New Mexico is beautiful..............

Greenchili

Old 01-27-2010, 12:44 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,294,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
My heart will always be there in Alamogordo. One day we will return...one day. SIGH. New Mexico is beautiful..............

Greenchili

I agree with you

Old 01-27-2010, 01:48 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,229,961 times
Me too. I've never lived in NM, but I go there on every vacation and can always feel it pulling on me.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:45 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,027,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Me too. I've never lived in NM, but I go there on every vacation and can always feel it pulling on me.
Plan your vacation so on July 5th you will be in Timberon, we are having the 3rd annual City Data picnic.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico