Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:27 PM

259 posts, read 851,738 times

Advertisements

I've been living in Alamogordo for almost two months now and love it here. Lived in Rapid City, SD for 6 years before moving here. Wife loves it also!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 02:06 AM

116 posts, read 251,445 times
I'm here on vacation and I'm just enjoying this place. Whole bunch and I can't wait to move to Alamogordo. So kudos to alamogordo

Old 02-03-2010, 06:18 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,288,965 times
glad that you guys are enjoying Alamo, it is a rather nice place to live if I do say so myself.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:25 AM

143 posts, read 365,193 times
Default No- the house in Phoenix first!!! :)

We are also counting the days - just have to get this house sold............
the 4th is a fun time in the mountains. Much nicer to be there in July than the 114 or so that Phx will have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuliegal View Post
Thanks, chilegal. Oh, how I hope to be living in N.M. by then! My sister told me how much fun Western Day was last year. If I can't get moved by then, I'll make sure to plan my vacation for the 4th! I can at least stay in my friend's trailer up there, or at my sister's in Laborcita Canyon. Or my aunt's in Alamo....Anyone want to buy a house in Oklahoma?

Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 PM

36 posts, read 64,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear's Mom View Post
We are also counting the days - just have to get this house sold............
the 4th is a fun time in the mountains. Much nicer to be there in July than the 114 or so that Phx will have.
I hope you get your house sold quickly! I'm still not ready to get mine on the market. I work in a greenhouse & we're getting really busy getting ready for spring, so that makes it even harder. Just dreaming of New Mexico to get through!

Old 02-07-2010, 12:00 PM

146 posts, read 440,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
If you are in Timberon aroun d the 4th of July we have a lot going on.
the 3rd is Western Day, 4th is the ATV poker run, 5th is Founders day, where if you live or own property there you can use the golf course, fishing lakes and swimming pool(it should be open) FREE!
Also on the 5th will be the 3rd annual City Data picnic! More will be posted closer to the date, so plan ahead! We would love to see you all.
Yippeee!!! (yeah, I'm back! LOL) I'll fill DH in on this... we are planning to be down there for the 4th!! Saving pennies, etc.

I've *almost* got him convinced to just pack it in and move down there - after 4-1/2 days of no electricity/heat, and all the blizzards - yeah, almost! Just wish we could afford to do it right now!! But, that's not the case - unless we win Powerball!

Old 02-08-2010, 12:45 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,358,380 times
or the HGTV dreamhouse, car and cash.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,504 times
Default I'm a fellow resident from the blackhills too :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdude2018 View Post
I've been living in Alamogordo for almost two months now and love it here. Lived in Rapid City, SD for 6 years before moving here. Wife loves it also!
I actually lived in Moorcroft, WY but have lived in Alamogordo for 7 years now...and LOVE IT!!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM

6 posts, read 10,711 times
We are moving in the middle of April to Alamogordo. I am so excited about moving there and then I read the other theads and it makes me just a little worried. This kudo's to Alamo thread is my favorite. So please if you would tell me your favorite thing about Alamogordo.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:40 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,894,995 times
My favorite thing about Alamogordo is the Sacramento mountains that you can see from anywhere in town--ditto the San Andres much farther to the west--and snow-capped Sierra Blanca that I can see from the end of the block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico