Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 08:32 PM

790 posts, read 4,018,867 times

Advertisements

Yep. I just watched it (Off The Map) for the second time the other night and made me long to return to New Mexico if only to visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 05:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Just saw "No country....". Good movie. What river was the dog chase shot in? The "goat fxxx" in the desert looked like 'Nam with pickup trucks. Scenery was stunning. I have got to see these places for myself.

The villian was the most disturbing killer I have never met and I have met some pretty disturbing folks. After the flick I wanted to get into a cave with a shotgun in my lap and a few doses of pure speed to help the reflexes.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:34 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,870,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Just saw "No country....". Good movie. What river was the dog chase shot in? The "goat fxxx" in the desert looked like 'Nam with pickup trucks. Scenery was stunning. I have got to see these places for myself.

The villian was the most disturbing killer I have never met and I have met some pretty disturbing folks. After the flick I wanted to get into a cave with a shotgun in my lap and a few doses of pure speed to help the reflexes.
LOL!! Typical Cormack McCarthy. He can create some pretty intense characters, all right.

I'm waiting on the DVD....

As for other NM-filmed movies, I have 3:10 to Yuma in the pile....and watched All the Pretty Horses (also McCarthy)...and the old Milagro Beanfield War is in the pile, too.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:29 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Just watched 'Seraphim Falls' with Liam Neeson and Pierce Brosnan. It's probably not for everybody, but I thought it was very moving. Stunning landscapes too.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:03 PM

203 posts, read 714,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
LOL!! Typical Cormack McCarthy. He can create some pretty intense characters, all right.

I'm waiting on the DVD....

As for other NM-filmed movies, I have 3:10 to Yuma in the pile....and watched All the Pretty Horses (also McCarthy)...and the old Milagro Beanfield War is in the pile, too.

I've been waiting for someone to tackle Blood Meridian, but who could play the Judge?
Just saw on imdb that it is "in production" for 2009 release... no cast named

(met a Romanian merchant sailor in Veracruz once who would have been perfect, 6 foot 6, bald, built like a lineback, insane and a mezzo-soprano speaking voice...)

Last edited by jsc23; 02-27-2008 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: new metaphor

Old 02-28-2008, 08:28 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,870,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc23 View Post
I've been waiting for someone to tackle Blood Meridian, but who could play the Judge?
Just saw on imdb that it is "in production" for 2009 release... no cast named

(met a Romanian merchant sailor in Veracruz once who would have been perfect, 6 foot 6, bald, built like a lineback, insane and a mezzo-soprano speaking voice...)
I haven't read that one yet. Killing/violence and blood don't bother me, but graphic descriptions of human torture do. Do I want to read this..?

Old 03-02-2008, 10:10 AM

923 posts, read 2,419,032 times
I haven't seen "Billy Jack" (1971) mentioned. Many parts were filmed in NM, including a fight scene at the park in the plaza at Old Town.

I was in "Convoy" in the funeral scene that was filmed at the NM State Fair race track. Not on the top list of best movies, but it was a pretty popular movie back in the 70s.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:42 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,792 times
There is another movie being shot at White Sands, its called Year One. It has had the most animals ever brought in to the White Sands for a movie. Here is a link Animals of 'Year One' set records - Alamogordo Daily News.
Jane

Old 04-20-2008, 10:23 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,022,888 times
The Hitcher(2007) was shot in NM and was based in Torrance County,I also liked Wild Hogs,that was a funny movie with some of it being filmed in downtown ABQ but supposed to be Cincinnati.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:44 PM

775 posts, read 2,587,537 times
Default Wonder Woman

No one has mentioned ... Bobby Joe and the Outlaw... This movie was filmed in the little towns of central N.M. like Mountainair, Willard, Vaughn, Santa Rosa. Its a Great Movie Starring Linda Carter who invited a Friend of mine to have a Drink at the EL Corral Bar in Vaughn and my friend had to take his Mom so he couuld get into the Bar. The Film was done in the 70s and if you want to see Wonder WOMAN in the NUDE this is the Film. el pintada kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico