Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,355 times

Advertisements

Also Starring Kirk Douglas:

ACE IN THE HOLE: I think this was filmed out by Domingo. Remember that trading post out there? As seen in Look magazine!

LONELY ARE THE BRAVE: Definitely filmed in Albuquerque south valley and in the Sandia foothills along the La Luz trail. Last scene along old Route 66 in Tijeras canyon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 10:16 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Saw a pretty good movie tonight that was partially filmed in the Land Of Enchantment. It debuted last weekend-Appaloosa.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:59 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,984,720 times
The Missing

Old 10-08-2008, 12:14 AM

185 posts, read 488,567 times
Default I love this country...

How about Requiem for Billy the Kid? An independent film done about a year ago, and shows a lot of Lincoln County-and is a facinating exercise in trying to figure out what really happened. Kris Kristopherson does the voice of Billy and he really sums it up when he says "I love this country.." Also just saw Swing Vote which is supposed to take place in Texico, NM in Currey county. I assume there is no such place, but was it filmed in NM?

Old 10-08-2008, 06:25 AM

576 posts, read 2,307,138 times
Default Swing Vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfarmer View Post
How about Requiem for Billy the Kid? An independent film done about a year ago, and shows a lot of Lincoln County-and is a facinating exercise in trying to figure out what really happened. Kris Kristopherson does the voice of Billy and he really sums it up when he says "I love this country.." Also just saw Swing Vote which is supposed to take place in Texico, NM in Currey county. I assume there is no such place, but was it filmed in NM?
According to the Abq Jnl (http://www.abqjournal.com/abqnews/content/view/8217/2/ - broken link), it was filmed mostly in Los Lunas, but yes, indeed there is a Texico.

There are places and things you'd never believe right here in eastern New Mexico.

~clairz

Old 10-08-2008, 03:49 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm_photojournalist View Post
"Lonely Are the Brave," shot in B&W in the early 60's, in and around Albuquerque. Co-starring Walter Mathau, & Carrol O'Connor. This little known film was Kirk's personal favorite over all his many other blockbusters.

A one-time, "real" cowboy, whose lifestyle is losing out to "progess" in the "New" West, just can't adapt, and finds himself in trouble with the law. Great photography in the Sandia Mountains. I don't believe it has ever been released on DVD, so scope out the dwindling tapes at your local Movie rental, or possibly libraries.

One of those great, "message" films that made you think...before the time of never ending explosions, and car chases! Not even any sex or nudity! :-)

Excellent suggestion for a thread! Thanks.
That was based off of Edward Abbey's novel! I forgot all about the movie. According to friends, it can be hard to find. I have Netflix now, so I'm going to see if they have it. I can't wait to watch it!

Edit: Darn--I just looked for it. I didn't go through all 29,000 movies that came up under my search, but I went pretty far in and didn't find it. Is it easier to find in NM since it was filmed there?

Old 10-08-2008, 06:20 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
That was based off of Edward Abbey's novel! I forgot all about the movie. According to friends, it can be hard to find. I have Netflix now, so I'm going to see if they have it. I can't wait to watch it!

Edit: Darn--I just looked for it. I didn't go through all 29,000 movies that came up under my search, but I went pretty far in and didn't find it. Is it easier to find in NM since it was filmed there?

Here is the original trailer.

Lonely Are The Brave -- (Original Trailer)

Old 10-08-2008, 08:46 PM

946 posts, read 3,264,802 times
Default Lonley are the Brave and Outrageous Fortune

Quote:

TCM shows it sometimes.

On an entirely different note -- the final scene of Outrageous Fortune was shot about 2 miles from my place in Nambe. NOT the best movie.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:52 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,995,941 times
Default abbey

Quote:
That was based off of Edward Abbey's novel!
As in Edward Abbey, who got his Master's @ UNM. Back in the day, when the Q was still a small place. Found this quote on Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed, link removed:

Quotes: "Albuquerque. I take the Central Avenue exit, the old road, the traditional thoroughfare through what was once -- long ago -- the heart of the city. Trying hard to work up a twinge of nostalgia. Hard work, for the city that I loved has disappeared." -- The Fool's Progress

Edward Abbey
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed, link removed

Last edited by Yac; 11-14-2008 at 03:59 AM..

Old 10-09-2008, 01:23 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,984,720 times
"Crazy Heart" is being filmed in Espanola, supposed to hit the big screen some time late next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico