Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 01:08 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,258,260 times

Advertisements

I'll take your dry 92 degrees over my humid 90 any time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 01:39 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,930,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Well..............when you put it that way....

Old 05-22-2010, 01:51 PM

125 posts, read 245,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Amen to that comment! June, July, August and part of September in NEPA (Northeastern Pennsylvania) is like walking around with a hot wet towel over your face and actually trying to breathe! I try to stay in my "cave" (AKA my air conditioned apartment) as much as humanly possible!

Last edited by luzernecntygent; 05-22-2010 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: Edit text.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:18 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,930,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Well......I don't like Alamogordo much today......I had a ton of errands to run, and it's 92 degrees outside. HOT.
I was down there last Monday. It was just warm enough to make me realize the very long driving trip I was thinking of taking in June was NOT going to happen! I've rescheduled for early fall when temps across the central plains should be moderating. I've also been holding off making my grand "Tour of New Mexico" trip because of the unsettled continuing windy weather. Maybe I'll do that in June instead of the cross-country one.

PS I just got an email from the Singles Club I am active in here about this summer's Tailgate Concert series. I guess we're going to discuss attending again this summer. We used to car pool down several years ago, but then stopped for some reason.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:46 PM

The Tailgate Concert Series is nice if you live here, but I wouldn't drive a round trip from Ruidoso. That's 100 miles!

It just got so hot so fast. I should have gotten my tomatoes out 3 weeks ago, and covered them up at night, rather than waiting this late.

This is the time to head for CO/WY/MT/someplace cooler........

Old 05-22-2010, 07:52 PM

49 posts, read 129,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
I was down there last Monday. It was just warm enough to make me realize the very long driving trip I was thinking of taking in June was NOT going to happen! I've rescheduled for early fall when temps across the central plains should be moderating. I've also been holding off making my grand "Tour of New Mexico" trip because of the unsettled continuing windy weather. Maybe I'll do that in June instead of the cross-country one.

PS I just got an email from the Singles Club I am active in here about this summer's Tailgate Concert series. I guess we're going to discuss attending again this summer. We used to car pool down several years ago, but then stopped for some reason.

If you do come down for the tailgating, let us know, Cathy and I do attend. I rather enjoy it.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
The Tailgate Concert Series is nice if you live here, but I wouldn't drive a round trip from Ruidoso. That's 100 miles!
People I know think nothing of the drive and some even make the commute daily. I love the drive myself - and have been doing it all of my life - all the way from El Paso round trip for many years. From Tularosa to Ruidoso I've never yet tired of, nor thought about it in terms of distance. I'm that guy poking along in the slow lane on US-70, smelling the sage and pine along the way.

In fact the lady who is the unofficial "herder" for our Singles group of rams and ewes lives in Alamorosa and rarely misses one of our get togethers in Ruidoso.

I once met the man who travels EVERY DAY round trip from Ruidoso to El Paso. He's the newspaper distributor for the papers printed in El Paso, which include the El Paso, Alamogordo and Ruidoso local newspapers.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:59 AM

Some people just enjoy communting, I guess. I have always hated it. I once had a daily commute of only 20 miles between Midland and Odessa. I got deathly sick of it in about a month. Fortunately, 6 months later, a job 5 minutes from my house popped up. I was deliriously happy at being able to go home for lunch again!

Yes, it is definitely a beautiful drive, but not at 9:30-10pm when you have to drive 50 miles home after the Tailgate concert!

Old 05-23-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is definitely a beautiful drive, but not at 9:30-10pm when you have to drive 50 miles home after the Tailgate concert!
We carpool, so there is good company to keep me awake if I happen to be the one driving. I don't like driving any distance alone at night, regardless of where it is. I've only had a long commute one time - about 30 miles to work and back from my home. Again, I carpooled with several others who worked at the same plant and lived in my neighborhood so it wasn't too bad most days. I made that trip every work day for five years.

PS I was recalling the lady I knew years ago who lived here and commuted to Las Cruces!! And that was in the days before ANY of the route was four lanes. I recall one time that she couldn't understand why her 4WD Subaru wasn't handling the icy winter roads well. I figured out it was because the car was NOT 4WD in spite of being labeled that way. Not sure if it was altered by someone or what, but she'd been driving it quite some time when I got involved.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:26 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,118,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017
Some people just enjoy communting, I guess.
Alternatively, some people have empty lives and
don't enjoy reading or just going for a walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico