Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 08:45 PM

84 posts, read 144,821 times

Advertisements

Look I'm not here to argue with you or anyone else for that matter I was simply trying to get information on New Orleans specifically, so his suggesting that I look at Atlanta was not only irrelevant, but clearly an attempt to dissuade me from coming there. And that's where the idea of possible discrimination came from. Perhaps I should have just come out and asked why he was continuing to offer useless suggestions! I should have been direct. And for that matter why is it any of your business mhounit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 08:21 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,687 times
It's my business because this is a discussion forum , and you DID address me directly at one point . I just didn't agree with the use of the word " discriminate " in that context . He doesn't know you , has no control over your life and therefore could not possibly discriminate against you . That's all .

Old 05-05-2015, 10:43 PM

I see you're one of those people who likes to argue for the sake of arguing well I'm not going to give you the satisfaction. You have a nice life.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:06 PM

To all who graciously provided me with helpful useful information I thank you and to those who have nothing better to do, but hate you know what you can do with your hate. This big wide world is big enough for us all and I am entitled to be here as much as anyone else! Peace and love to you all!

Old 05-07-2015, 04:49 PM

If I wasn't crystal clear before let me say this Life put all of us here together, so we all belong here and no one can say different and we can each live where we want.

You may not accept me, but what I am is NOT A LIFESTYLE it is a life. I can not stop being what I am just as you can't stop being what you are. Me and my people have existed for as long as humanity has existed.

However, what you can do is try to have an open mind, some compassion and understanding for a fellow human being who has done you no wrong or harm.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:07 PM

11 posts, read 32,897 times
Probably really late to the party, but yeah, wanted to post my two cents

I definitely would recommend New Orleans as a city to move to. It's definitely LGBT friendly(being LGBT and all, never once had an issue in New Orleans :P), and is kind-of affordable. There are cities that surround New Orleans that are awesome too, such as Slidell and Kenner.

I'd definitely recommend Kenner, just outside New Orleans, and is affordable if I can remember right. Pretty diverse community in all spectrum's.

Hope you enjoy New Orleans *if you choose to live in NOLA*

Old 05-08-2015, 05:48 AM

Thanks RoxasPF I hadn't considered those communities because I didn't know if suburban towns would be safe.
As to the earlier comment about lifestyle I needed to add that if I were a transvestite/cross dresser then I would agree that, that is indeed a lifestyle, but I am transsexual which is something totally different and is a diagnosed medical condition not mental condition and has medical treatments to correct it. Those are hormone replacement therapy and surgeries.
If there is public transit from Kenner to New Orleans then I can consider it a possible option. Thanks again!

Old 05-08-2015, 09:28 PM

11 posts, read 32,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotslady View Post
Thanks RoxasPF I hadn't considered those communities because I didn't know if suburban towns would be safe.
As to the earlier comment about lifestyle I needed to add that if I were a transvestite/cross dresser then I would agree that, that is indeed a lifestyle, but I am transsexual which is something totally different and is a diagnosed medical condition not mental condition and has medical treatments to correct it. Those are hormone replacement therapy and surgeries.
If there is public transit from Kenner to New Orleans then I can consider it a possible option. Thanks again!
Kenner is most definitely safe in my eyes, safer than some parts in New Orleans.

And yes, Kenner sure has public transit to New Orleans. Most specifically Jefferson Transit. There's a railway that rides from Kenner to inner New Orleans. I don't particularly remember how long it takes to travel on the rail from Kenner to New Orleans, however(if time is a concern in case of work/what not.).

Old 05-10-2015, 06:17 PM

661 posts, read 1,248,201 times
I'm not gay but I'm curious how the blacks in NOLA look at the LGBT community considering the black community seem to have a problem with it? I've notice that in other cities but maybe in NOLA it isn't as awkward?

Old 05-11-2015, 12:59 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,523,460 times
I read a statistic that before Katrina, New Orleans was home to more black gay men (pure numbers) than any city in the nation, including NYC and SF. Not sure if that's true, but I wouldn't doubt it. I think I've seen one time my entire time here where some blacks were harassing somebody who was gay or transgender, and I believe the offenders were from out of town because they were eating at a hotel restaurant during Essence Fest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans