Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 PM

185 posts, read 243,452 times

Advertisements

I'm on hold right now for SANDRA !!!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:35 PM

34 posts, read 43,449 times
OK so the lady who interviewed me called today! and says oh i forgot to give u some papers to sign can u come in in fill these papers out! this is really getting on my nerves and im about to say "F" BRUCKNER BY THE BRIDGE and fill out a application for la terraza!!!!!!! @DELI167 can u tell me how does the application process go for la terraza?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:37 PM

34 posts, read 43,449 times
she called us in 3 times for paper work and we came in to bring it to her she didnt notice we was suppose to sign somethingg im feed up im tierd of the run around and delay

Old 07-28-2011, 05:54 AM

507 posts, read 690,447 times
stephanie..thanksalot!..and im not really stressing the parking..cause i know its something there..until the parking garage opens up...YEAH!..i dont care if its hot..i gotta get up on in there,and I called the super to arrange a move in date..im doing it saturday..because he got agitated when i told him that..like he got time off like that!..i told him that i saw people moving in last saturday..he said it like..well do what you has to...I dont need him there to watch me..or help...I have mostly hand carryables..and my 2 flat screens tv..and couch/computer...so i have 2 dollys for the boxes...the thing is..im on a low floor..so i can get it in fast..just that im working on a time frame..the cable appointment is/was set up already...so how did you move into BBTB?..and sure they wanna know all of your $$$ information..and isnt if funny that if you are like a measly 11-dollars over the limit..they wont take you.I was denied like 3-4 times on that account on other lotteries..thats crazy!!..they even clock your overtime!..I dont get it..when you make too little-they deny you-when you make too much they do too!..and the funny thing if I was to had added my girlfriend..I wouldnt had made it either...because if i did not meet the guideline income summary..they would've asked..well do you plan on living with anyone?..ohh well how much do they make?..and after that investigation/process they would find that its too much!..so im just letting another prospected person know.to be aware of the income levels..and file your taxes!!!..they went back like 3-yrs on me..I was making $60k-plus before i got laid-off im nov-2008..now im in the mid $30's..but its going to climb this fall...the thing is..will my rent stay the same?..i think not..still i signing a 2yr lease today..so they do go according to income!..well..the city approved me..so after their investigations..they realized i didnt have no hidden loot!..they even went into my 401-k account to prove that i cashed it in..they're that hard-up!..well my foot is in the door..thats all that mattered to me..now i can build up my-$tash!!

Old 07-28-2011, 06:02 AM

MOM2BE-just go to cc management company on 1735 park ave 3rd floor..or go to website; CCMANAGERS.COM..you'll see la-terrazza download the application,mail it in..they has other buildings too!..they're real nice-prompt..and respectful..cause they're about money!..212 348-3248 is their number..its on 120th street park ave in harlem/east..lexington ave/park ave..I still dont know how i got it..because my credit isnt all that great!..to me..i dont even know if they ran it..BBTB..denied me on account i had a ex-girlfriend who i gotton a cell phone for and she didnt pay the bill..it was by sprint..that was the only blemish.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:23 AM

mom2be..I filled out the application after christmas..they called me in for interview..after that i recieved a letter that i was denied..after checking the income guidelines I made the projected income..they calculated i made more money because I was recieving unemployment..and I wasnt!..i had to get a printout/proof that my account was closed,because my old job called me back in 2010..from being laid off in 2008..so they slipped-up!..after i appealed it..they wrote me a letter telling me to come back and to bring in paperwork..savings/checking..and unemployment account..for which i still have a balance..so try writing to the bronx bourogh president office too..because i did,and after 2 weeks..they got back to me la-terrazza..write rubin diaz..hes cool..and maybe he can influence them to look into your application. I still to this day think he had some role in me and my plight with them..give it a try..right now the building is still empty..they are screening everybody,and the people they denied are a heavy margin..because why isnt people moving in at a rapid rate?..im moving my stuff in..screw that camera in the lobby elevator..if they say anything to me..im just gonna say i didnt know!..plus i saw people moving in last saturday..so whats that?

Old 07-28-2011, 07:59 AM

33 posts, read 36,070 times
brucknerchick did you get to speak to Sandra???

Old 07-28-2011, 08:31 AM

365 posts, read 503,262 times
So.........and I say this with the utmost sarcasm possible.....I spoke with Sandra this morning. I called in to find out if anything had changed. Now mind you all along, my stuff was moving like hot water. I'd fax something today, and tomorrow have a update. Now, after everything is completed and all my paperwork is in, NO ONE can simply respond back. I asked her if she heard anything and she said my file is still with the city. I mean seriously, this is ridiculous now. I'm starting to get a little agitated because I'm hearing about everyone viewing apartments, signing leases, and this that and the third. And up to now, I have not seen or heard a thing. I'm really trying to be patient, but I need to know what's going on and when because I have a lot to do between now and September, and I would surely like to know if moving is one of those things.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:25 AM

317 posts, read 579,755 times
Moneboo.... Good morning gurl.....I know you are frustrated and nothing anyone can say will make you feel better other than those 3 magical words " You are approved"! But believe me if there was a chance that you would not be getting an apartment you would've heard something. I remember when I was going through the process I was calling my interviewer EVERY friday for updates and she would never have any. Except for an occasional additional documents needed. So a good friend of mines said to me "chill and let them call you because whenever you call you dont get anywhere". Now of course thats not the advice I wanted to hear. But I did listen to them as hard as it was for me and everytime she called me it was to get something notarized and what not. That alone showed me that things were moving along smoothly. I remember the day I got that phone call. I was sitting in the movie theatre with my daughter, not thinking about Knickerbocker and when my phone vibrated I saw Anna Asante's (the lady that handled my file) number I dashed out the theatre and I remember she said to me " I hope your all packed and ready to move"! I damned neared screamed in the movie theatre. Lmao!! It was strange because I just spoke with her like 3 days prior and had to go get things notarized. From my first initial interview to the lease signing it took 3 mos and it did feel wayyyy longer. So I say all of this to say please try to be patient. Its too hot out here to be getting frustrated and stressed about something you have no control over. I know you mentioned that other people have already seen apts, signed leases, and/or left deposits, but dont let that cause you to lose your cool because remember Bruckner apts accepts section 8 and other programs so who knows what these new tenants have going on. Also as a city employee you have alot more info that needs to be checked into. The city may not need to hold onto the folder of a retail employee for as long as they hold onto yours. Remember, there are 350 apartments at the Bruckner believe me there is one of them with your name on it.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:22 AM

365 posts, read 503,262 times
Hey Steph!!
(How's the wedding planning going??)
I give up with Bruckner. I mean, I honestly feel like they are unorganized and overall unprepared to deal with such a large volume of people.
I'm taking you advice though and will not call them for the rest of this week and next. On Friday, of next week, I'll call and see what changes have been made. I would love to know which city or state office deals with the apps so that I can call them directly and speak with the person handling my file.
I need to really move soon and get things going because as the summer comes to an end, I'm going to have a million and one things to do and this is one of the bigger items on my list of things. We'll see....
In any case, I just until next week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery