Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 10:39 PM

365 posts, read 503,262 times

Advertisements

LoL...
It really is crazy how they want people to live like that only because they made a mistake. I honestly think that's basis for some type of action. Whether it be court, protest, or something.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:41 PM

So...I got a call from Bruckner this morning. Apparently....they need another document re-submitted with MY name on it. You know what......*walks out of thread*

Old 07-30-2011, 05:22 PM

317 posts, read 579,755 times
Moneboo.....ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 07:35 PM

Girl! *throws hands up*
I'm so through with this place, it's ridiculos.
I was shocked when I saw the missed call on a Saturday at that. Then when I heard the news....
If I wasn't a Christian every Christmas, Easter and Good Friday...I swear. I would've gone off weeks ago. I'm trying Steph ! I really am...
Thank God for cruises...that's all I can say.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:51 PM

So, i submitted all of my paperwork that was requested.
I gave my final call over to thier office today and now..............I wait.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:55 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,433,335 times
Moneboo..that's life. Welcome to adulthood. Those who persist for the things they want are the ones who succeed. Everyone else simply complains and whines. It sucks, I know..I have been through the ringer buying a home, buying a car, applying for school, getting a job, you always have to jump through a seemingly endless and unnecessary bureaucratic hoops to do anything.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:14 PM

I seriously couldn't have said it better myself SOBRO.
This is a big step for me, yet, just seeing all these hurdles I have to go through began to make me wonder if I was ready or not.
By the end of this week or beginning of next, I'll probably have a response. Based on that, I'll just continue to make my plans. Other than that...I'm proud of myself for dealing with the situation how I have and not...."going off" or losing my cool. Just hope this is that good thing that everyone says comes when you wait.....

Old 08-01-2011, 05:30 PM

4 posts, read 7,585 times
Hey everyone! I have an interview on Thursday and I'm really nervous about it after reading what some of you is going through. What should I expect? Do they let you know u have a chance at the interivew?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:54 PM

Hey MBeauty!
The whole Bruckner By The Bridge process can be a little edgy if your not prepared. One good thing, you can refer to this thread for a TON of advice on certain things. My suggestion to you would be,
1. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING THEY ASK FOR.....plus 2!
If you don't, this will prolong your process greatly. And by greatly, I do mean greatly!
2. Ask all questions at the meeting, because after that, getting in touch with someone can be a process in itself.
3. Contact them AT LEAST once a week, I'd say starting 2 weeks after you interview, for an update. (Make sure you get the name and ext. of the interviewer)
4. Make your own process of elimination when it comes to whether you qualify or not. By this, I mean...say the income requirement is anywhere between, $25,000 and $30,000. If you make $19,320....or $32,863....be prepared to hear that your either to low or too high.
5. On the tour of the apartments at the interview, get a feel for the place. Take pics if you can. Also, see if you like the area before proceeding. A lot of people on here, myself included, are beginning to think that the neighborhood might form a problem for its tenants, but everyone is different.

In the end, you'll be ok. If you don't qualify, I think you'll know right away. I was told the day I interviewed, that I would be able to get the apartment with everything I submitted. And this was just glancing at my credit report, my statements and my tax info. Good luck though!

Old 08-01-2011, 09:26 PM

4 posts, read 7,585 times
Thank you so much Moneboo I really appreciate your reply back. I will let you know what happens on the interview. So are u taking the apartment? I tried reading the thread but its a lot lol. I'm glad that there's a thread about this building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery