Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 07:07 PM

185 posts, read 243,136 times

Advertisements

oh deli, the approval letter has the management office letterhead and it was for 105 willias ave but now that building is full... SMDHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old 09-15-2011, 07:22 PM

317 posts, read 579,008 times
Moneboo.... Go to your lease signing tomorrow but get everything in writing so there's no misunderstanding. But then again you know that. Secondly, attend the interview for Burnside as well because you don't wanna put all your eggs in one basket. If your moved into BBTB by the time you have completed your process with Burnside and they approve you at least your in a position to where you can turn them down. Point is options are very essential.... Brucknerchick.... I went on YouTube and saw the apt for BBTB. Sad to say I am not impressed. YUCKY!!!! Hopefully it was just that particular apt. They were very cheapy with the closet space. I dont know any woman that can do miracles with that space. What's up with that industrial space? I mean u get it's by the highway and whatnot but they should give the tenants something serene to look at. But do go up there every single day until they get sick and tired of looking at your face because what they're probably hoping is that you will give up. Don't give them the satisfaction.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:24 PM

365 posts, read 502,455 times
I'll be at Bruckner tomorrow for my lease signing. The only thing now is with this letter from Burnside, I'm wondering if I should even go thru with BBTB. I don't mind waiting it out, however, I don't know too much about Burnside nor do I see any descriptions of the apts.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:28 PM

Hey Steph! I'm pondering away right now thinking about this stuff. I mean, the area BBTB is in, isn't too appealing, however, I can't compare it to anything because I don't really know Burnside too well. The rent would be the same, however, I don't know what the floor plans are.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:39 PM

103 posts, read 119,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneboo View Post
Hey Steph! I'm pondering away right now thinking about this stuff. I mean, the area BBTB is in, isn't too appealing, however, I can't compare it to anything because I don't really know Burnside too well. The rent would be the same, however, I don't know what the floor plans are.
Hey and just so u kno if u sign ur lease with BBTB and u go to any other interviews for affordable housing they will deny you. When I signed my lease the manager explained that to me. she said these buildings get money from the city and you could only be approved for one . So make sure you ask her about it tomorrow before you sign ur lease if u have any doubts. Good luck

Old 09-15-2011, 08:00 PM

WHAT?! I thought you could apply to and for affordable housing if you live in affordable housing already!!! That doesn't seem right! You just burst my bubble BIG TIME....poooooooof! Lmao!

Old 09-15-2011, 08:14 PM

103 posts, read 119,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneboo View Post
WHAT?! I thought you could apply to and for affordable housing if you live in affordable housing already!!! That doesn't seem right! You just burst my bubble BIG TIME....poooooooof! Lmao!
Lol just make sure you ask her about it tomorrow. Maybe I misunderstood but make sure u ask before you sign ur lease

Old 09-15-2011, 08:21 PM

Definitely will! I'm glad you mentioned this though. I dunno guys, what do you all think?? BBTB or Burnside??

Old 09-15-2011, 08:24 PM

185 posts, read 243,136 times
Stephanie, I can assure you I am not giving them that satisfaction...

Old 09-15-2011, 09:54 PM

22 posts, read 25,716 times
Ok so I talked to Sandra today an she said she is waiting for my job to send back the employment verification but my job said they never got anything and it's so hard to get a hold of them, am I gettin played ? I need to be out my place by oct 31 I hope they don't play games with me

Bkchick sorry for ur situation it sounds like your getting bent over by Bbtb :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.